GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa prospect Number 1

+7
DefenceWinsChampionships
tim1_2
NEELY
spader
Ev
wprager
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Ottawa prospect Number 1

Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap250%Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 50% [ 7 ]
Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap243%Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 43% [ 6 ]
Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap27%Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 7% [ 1 ]
Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 14

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 10]

16Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:04 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Who would get the most return in a trade right now?  It'd be Lazar.  

We've seen Stone and Ceci play NHL games, and while the results have been good, there's been nothing mind blowing.  

Which is still way more than we've seen from the others.

17Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:26 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Who would get the most return in a trade right now?  It'd be Lazar.  

We've seen Stone and Ceci play NHL games, and while the results have been good, there's been nothing mind blowing.  

Which is still way more than we've seen from the others.

Do you argue that Lazar would get the most in return in a trade?

18Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:55 am

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lazar would get the most in a trade. That said, I believe Stone is our best prospect right now. Lazar has not proved anything at the NHL level.

19Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:04 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stone is more ready. Best prospect means best potential, doesn't natter about what he has proven in NHL.

20Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:06 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ideally you find a way to have Puempel and Lazar on the team as full-timers come the end of the season. I imagine the lineup right now looks something like:

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zib-Stone
Condra-Legwand-Chiasson
Greening-Smith-Neil

I see Condra, Greening, Smith as three guys that can be replaced by Puempel, Lazar, Grant in the very short-term. My ideal lineup:

MacArthur-Turris-Ryan
Michalek-Zib-Chiasson
Puempel-Legwand-Stone
Condra-Lazar-Neil
Grant

So I guess what I am saying is we need to get rid of Smith and Greening to look really good on paper. The real issues seem to be on D which right now I have no solution for. What a mess.

21Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:08 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah...when you're talking "prospect" you're referring to what their potential is...their ceiling. Not how good of a current NHL player they are.

22Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:09 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

If the plan is to have Lazar playing 7 minutes a night with Condra and Neil as wingers, I'd rather he play another year of junior.

23Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:53 pm

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah...when you're talking "prospect" you're referring to what their potential is...their ceiling. Not how good of a current NHL player they are.

This makes sense. For me, the big thing is that I don't really know much about Lazar's game. All I know is what I've heard.

24Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:If the plan is to have Lazar playing 7 minutes a night with Condra and Neil as wingers, I'd rather he play another year of junior.

I think the plan will be to start him there and let him move people out of the way as he moves up the depth chart.

I see him getting onto the 2B line with legwand and chiasson pretty early.

25Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:27 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya, we're comparing two guys who tore up the CHL respectively. Stone was able to produce at the AHL and NHL levels, with lots of room for improvement. Lazar hasn't produced at either and I'm not ready to call him our #1. I suppose there is a double standard here as I would put him ahead of Pageau, but that is based on other intangibles such as size, shot, etc.

I just hope Lazar isn't this era's version of Daigle. Pretty sure people were saying the same thing as Daigle re: being a franchise player.

26Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:32 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would say whoever doesn't put him ahead of Pageau is an idiot.

In Tampa, Drouin is the #1 prospect, ahead of guys like Kucherov, etc. even though those guys have produced in the NHL. It's about talent and projection, not what you've done in the league.

Daigle and Lazar - not even gonna go there, I don't see how the situations are alike, and Daigle is a prick.

27Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:56 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

lol. Daigle didn't have the work ethic and maturity that Lazar had. I'm not sure if Lazar is as talented - I doubt it - but he's a better bet to have a longer NHL career.

28Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:09 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why in the blue Diddle are we talking about Daigle?

29Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:11 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
I just hope Lazar isn't this era's version of Daigle. Pretty sure people were saying the same thing as Daigle re: being a franchise player.

tim1_2 wrote:Why in the blue Diddle are we talking about Daigle?

30Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:16 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah...when you're talking "prospect" you're referring to what their potential is...their ceiling.  Not how good of a current NHL player they are.

Or just remove guys who are no-longer eligible for the Calder Trophy from the list.

31Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:16 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh, I am aware that Daigle was brought up. I have no idea why.

32Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:I would say whoever doesn't put him ahead of Pageau is an idiot.

In Tampa, Drouin is the #1 prospect, ahead of guys like Kucherov, etc. even though those guys have produced in the NHL. It's about talent and projection, not what you've done in the league.

Daigle and Lazar - not even gonna go there, I don't see how the situations are alike, and Daigle is a prick.  

Actually it's not. This poll was very loose -- no parameters were specified at all. So to each his own.

33Ottawa prospect Number 1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ottawa prospect Number 1 Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:21 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
Ev wrote:I would say whoever doesn't put him ahead of Pageau is an idiot.

Actually it's not.  This poll was very loose -- no parameters were specified at all.  So to each his own.

C'mon, everyone knows it's wrong to rank prospects based on NHL readiness

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum