GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Spezza injured - could be out up to eight weeks

+15
wprager
Flo The Action
SensGirl11
asq2
TheAvatar
dennycrane
SDH89
Riprock
PKC
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
LeCaptain
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 8]

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Thought this deserved a new thread... Ottawa Citizen is reporting it could be 8 weeks...

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/Knee+injury+might+keep+Spezza+months/2342808/story.html

Time for this team to see what it can do without Spezza in the line-up... and time for Spezza to come back 100% ready and healed.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah. If he had been playing hurt this is a good opportunity to keep him out of the lineup and get fully healed from top to bottom. Assuming we can succeed while he's out.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't understand, his MRI is tonight, how would the Citizen know?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SpezDispenser wrote:I don't understand, his MRI is tonight, how would the Citizen know?
That's why they say "could"...

Wink

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I don't understand, his MRI is tonight, how would the Citizen know?

Wink

Fair enough.

He also 'could' be out for the year though theoretically.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:Yeah. If he had been playing hurt this is a good opportunity to keep him out of the lineup and get fully healed from top to bottom. Assuming we can succeed while he's out.
Well, based on his play to date, there's a fair argument to be made that we should be OK considering he's not contributing a huge amount offensively and has been responsible for a lot of turn-overs and break downs... but, that being said, when he's on the ice, the other team does behave differently... so it will remain to be seen how that all changes the dynamic of the game and the lines.

Hopefully Leclaire, Neil and Donovan will be back soon and can help to steady things...

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
shabbs wrote:

Spezza injured - could be out up to eight weeks Icon_wink

Fair enough.

He also 'could' be out for the year though theoretically.

Intriguing. Spezza injured - could be out up to eight weeks 663118

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Well, based on his play to date, there's a fair argument to be made that we should be OK considering he's not contributing a huge amount offensively and has been responsible for a lot of turn-overs and break downs... but, that being said, when he's on the ice, the other team does behave differently... so it will remain to be seen how that all changes the dynamic of the game and the lines.

Hopefully Leclaire, Neil and Donovan will be back soon and can help to steady things...

Yeah, now we can really use Neil back!

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chris Neil = WIN

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

<<<<< I won't be needing this for awhile...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:<<<<< I won't be needing this for awhile...

Can you put Greg Carvel in your avatar?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Maybe put Winnie in there. He is, after all, THE POOH!

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Maybe put Winnie in there. He is, after all, THE POOH!

Maybe...

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

Alfie - Winchester - Milan

Beautiful

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

We need Leclaire back and this team will get back to winning hockey games at a much better than current pace.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 8]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum