GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

aaron ward on waivers

+10
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Urkie
LeCaptain
asq2
SensHulk
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 11]

31aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:05 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Carkner's still on the last of his two-way deal. Maybe he gets the shaft out of this?

I don't think so, personally. The guy stepped up, earned a spot camp, earned a new 1-way deal in a hurry, and plays a valuable role for the team game in and game out -- PK, 5 on 5, fighting. No way we do him like that.

Ward to OTT only makes sense if we're moving Volchenkov, I'd say. Maybe, too, I guess, if you've found a taker for Campoli and want Ward as a steady #7. Still, at $800K, you might as well keep Campoli -- who has waaay more offensive upside anyway.

Agreed, rooney. There has to be a "taker" for somebody... anybody.

I just find it weird that I just heard the first real criticism of Carkner just this morning. And now this.
You know, I'd be willing to help out Chicago, by taking Seabrooke off their hands for Anton. Just trying to help them win the west.

32aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:06 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:Carkner's still on the last of his two-way deal. Maybe he gets the shaft out of this?

I don't think so, personally. The guy stepped up, earned a spot camp, earned a new 1-way deal in a hurry, and plays a valuable role for the team game in and game out -- PK, 5 on 5, fighting. No way we do him like that.

Ward to OTT only makes sense if we're moving Volchenkov, I'd say. Maybe, too, I guess, if you've found a taker for Campoli and want Ward as a steady #7. Still, at $800K, you might as well keep Campoli -- who has waaay more offensive upside anyway.

I just find it weird that I just heard the first real criticism of Carkner just this morning. And now this.
You know, I'd be willing to help out Chicago, by taking Seabrooke off their hands for Anton. Just trying to help them win the west.

While that's a deal I'd do, I'm not sure CHI would. Still, the cap vultures are out in full force in the windy city... Seabrook is up for a big raise in 2011...

33aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:07 pm

RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Never happen in a million years. Seabrooke and Keith are the best plairing in The NHL IMO. If he goes it's for a guy like Beach and a pick.

34aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:10 pm

rooneypoo wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

While that's a deal I'd do, I'm not sure CHI would. Still, the cap vultures are out in full force in the windy city... Seabrook is up for a big raise in 2011...
Not straight up, I would think the Sens would need to send at least a 1st their way as well.

35aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Carkner is safe.

As he should be. I love that guy. So I guess a trade it is.

36aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:11 pm

N4L wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

Never happen in a million years. Seabrooke and Keith are the best plairing in The NHL IMO. If he goes it's for a guy like Beach and a pick.
I hear what you are saying, but I think they need someone like AV come playoff time. Pipe dream on my part.

37aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:15 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

RobbyJ wrote:I hear what you are saying, but I think they need someone like AV come playoff time. Pipe dream on my part.

I think Aaron Ward could just as easily be that player for them. I believe we flip him and Campoli to the Windy City for Barker. aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 235689 aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 805406

38aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Oh, they would deal for A Train but it wont be Seasbrooke coming back. Ive said A Train would be going to Chicago since the season began. I dont see A Train reisgning here in Ottawa.

39aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:Oh, they would deal for A Train but it wont be Seasbrooke coming back. Ive said A Train would be going to Chicago since the season began. I dont see A Train reisgning here in Ottawa.

"Buff" Byfuglien?

40aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:19 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Oh, they would deal for A Train but it wont be Seasbrooke coming back. Ive said A Train would be going to Chicago since the season began. I dont see A Train reisgning here in Ottawa.

So what does Chicago send our way?

- Unknown Author

41aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:22 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

So what does Chicago send our way?

What the guy before you said.

42aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:24 pm

Sharp? Beech? could be a number of things if that's where A Train actually goes.

43aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:27 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I keep hearing and reading that Murray is looking to add a "big, strong forward" maybe we're headed in that direction with these latest swirlings?

44aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:28 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Aaron Ward just isn't worth it. If Volchenkov moves, Ward cannot be his replacement. You have to replace him with someone of a similar or greater calibre if you want to do anything.

45aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:29 pm

asq2 wrote:Aaron Ward just isn't worth it. If Volchenkov moves, Ward cannot be his replacement. You have to replace him with someone of a similar or greater calibre if you want to do anything.

Are you kidding? Short term Ward is on the exact same level as A Train, probably a better overall player too. Hes 36, so what? you are getting him for free and can deal A Train for some serious assets.

46aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:32 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

For the sake of argument. Let's say Ward is not quite as good as Volchenkov but you use Volchenkov to get a forward that's better than 9 of our existing forwards. Do we instantly become a better team overall?

47aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:34 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:For the sake of argument. Let's say Ward is not quite as good as Volchenkov but you use Volchenkov to get a forward that's better than 9 of our existing forwards. Do we instantly become a better team overall?

Spoiler:

- Unknown Author

48aaron ward on waivers - Page 3 Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:35 pm

Yes. A Train isnt worth the money he will or has asked for. Ward is a good short term replacement for a year or two while Ottawa builds that young blueline and could in fact be a nice compliment to them showing them the ropes.

Ward for free, anytime.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum