GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward

+10
Acrobat
SensGirl11
Sens19
SensFan71
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Flo The Action
Tuk Tuk
jamvan
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:05 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

The Bruins today traded defenseman Aaron Ward to the Carolina Hurricanes for right wing Pat Eaves and a fourth-round pick in next year's draft. The Bruins then placed Eaves on waivers for the purpose of buying him out.

This is no doubt to make room for Kessel.

2Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:10 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

hopefully someone gives Eaves another chance, I always liked him.

3Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:29 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

that's got to hurt being traded then waived... that doesn't say much about your worth. personally i was never a big fan of heaves but i hope he does get a chance from another team

4Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:39 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

I can see the Islanders picking him up.

5Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:56 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:I can see the Islanders picking him up.
True... true.

Poor Eaves. Hate to see if go down like that.

I think we'll see a LOT more of this if the cap dips as expected.

6Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:09 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
jamvan wrote:I can see the Islanders picking him up.
True... true.

Poor Eaves. Hate to see if go down like that.

I think we'll see a LOT more of this if the cap dips as expected.
I think you're right there Shabbs. His output has certainly not been great since leaving Ottawa.

7Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:12 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

jamvan wrote:The Bruins today traded defenseman Aaron Ward to the Carolina Hurricanes for right wing Pat Eaves and a fourth-round pick in next year's draft. The Bruins then placed Eaves on waivers for the purpose of buying him out.

Or Kaberle.

8Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:20 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

How much of a cap hit did they just save?

Ward's cap hit was 2.5M and Eaves' is 1.4M with 2 seasons left on his contract. What would the buyout cost be?

9Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:23 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TheAvatar wrote:How much of a cap hit did they just save?

Ward's cap hit was 2.5M and Eaves' is 1.4M with 2 seasons left on his contract. What would the buyout cost be?

I'm guessing somewhere around 258,333 probably for the next 4 years maybe.

10Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:26 pm

From Cap Geek

2009-2010: $258,333
2010-2011: $-41,667
2011-2012: $258,333
2012-2013: $258,333

11Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:28 pm

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

so they saved 2.2M in 09/10. what's with the negative buyout figure in 2010/11? Eaves gotta give them money back?

12Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:28 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:
jamvan wrote:The Bruins today traded defenseman Aaron Ward to the Carolina Hurricanes for right wing Pat Eaves and a fourth-round pick in next year's draft. The Bruins then placed Eaves on waivers for the purpose of buying him out.

Or Kaberle.
Interesting ???? believable to say the least.

13Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:30 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

RobbyJ wrote:From Cap Geek

2009-2010: $258,333
2010-2011: $-41,667
2011-2012: $258,333
2012-2013: $258,333

Add 1.3 for Murray and .56 for Scaeffer and that gives them $2.11 million in buyout money.

14Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:31 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

really kind of sad for Eaves, he was a decent player while he was here, good kid too, wouldn't have been sad if it was Corvo, but Corvo wasn't injured like Eaves was, that was really one of the only knocks against him.

15Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

This is just plain harsh. Eaves isn't a bad player, he just had some bad luck with injuries. I liked him here in Ottawa, though his role wasn't that big. I just hope he gets picked off waivers and given a better second chance.

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum