GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward

+10
Acrobat
SensGirl11
Sens19
SensFan71
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Flo The Action
Tuk Tuk
jamvan
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

16Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:30 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

RobbyJ wrote:From Cap Geek

2009-2010: $258,333
2010-2011: $-41,667
2011-2012: $258,333
2012-2013: $258,333

Add 1.3 for Murray and .56 for Scaeffer and that gives them $2.11 million in buyout money.

17Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:31 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

really kind of sad for Eaves, he was a decent player while he was here, good kid too, wouldn't have been sad if it was Corvo, but Corvo wasn't injured like Eaves was, that was really one of the only knocks against him.

18Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:47 pm

Sens19

Veteran
Veteran

This is just plain harsh. Eaves isn't a bad player, he just had some bad luck with injuries. I liked him here in Ottawa, though his role wasn't that big. I just hope he gets picked off waivers and given a better second chance.

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

19Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:55 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

This move makes no sense to me. They still have to sign Kessel, and they are short a DMan...They had Bergeron's 4.75 that they should have traded (he's great but their offense is still stacked without him) instead of Ward's 2.5. This is really silly and I don't know how this will help them at all. They still need to dump salary and they now need to sign a DMan, they have 4 in the minors right now, I haven't heard of any of them and I am not sure if any of them are ready to make the jump.

Their D isn't great for next year, with the exception of course of the obvious.

I don't think moving Ward was the right choice at all...

Chara-Wideman
Hunwick-Ference
Stuart - _______

Oh, and Bitz is also an RFA this year...I don't know how much he would get...

scratch

20Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:55 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Why in the world would they have signed Begin? Is that really what they needed to do here?

21Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:00 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:This move makes no sense to me. They still have to sign Kessel, and they are short a DMan...They had Bergeron's 4.75 that they should have traded (he's great but their offense is still stacked without him) instead of Ward's 2.5. This is really silly and I don't know how this will help them at all. They still need to dump salary and they now need to sign a DMan, they have 4 in the minors right now, I haven't heard of any of them and I am not sure if any of them are ready to make the jump.

Their D isn't great for next year, with the exception of course of the obvious.

I don't think moving Ward was the right choice at all...

Chara-Wideman
Hunwick-Ference
Stuart - _______

Oh, and Bitz is also an RFA this year...I don't know how much he would get...

scratch

Kaberle.

22Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:07 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Okay, and how will they manage to pull that off?

23Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:08 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

They'd be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy over the cap if they do that, even if they trade Bergeron for him. It still doesn't work.

24Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:08 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:Okay, and how will they manage to pull that off?

Only the former mayor and The Burke know for sure...

25Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:11 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:

Okay, I guess we'll see how they pull that magic out of their asses. It could happen, depending on what kind of salary Kaberle wants and if he wants to go there.

26Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:13 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Okay, I guess we'll see how they pull that magic out of their asses. It could happen, depending on what kind of salary Kaberle wants and if he wants to go there.

Kaberle makes 4.25 and he has no say until August 15.

27Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:15 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Kaberle makes 4.25 and he has no say until August 15.

Okay, so would it be Bergeron for Kaberle straight up?

If so, how much does Kessel ask for and can they fit it under the cap? They're still taking on more salary than they gave up in trading Ward.

28Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:18 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SensGirl11 wrote:If so, how much does Kessel ask for and can they fit it under the cap? They're still taking on more salary than they gave up in trading Ward.

They would have to deal Kessel to Toronto. I really don't think Boston even wants Kessel. Then Boston would be about 1-million under the cap with Kaberle.

29Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:21 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SensGirl11 wrote:If so, how much does Kessel ask for and can they fit it under the cap? They're still taking on more salary than they gave up in trading Ward.

They would have to deal Kessel to Toronto. I really don't think Boston even wants Kessel. Then Boston would be about 1-million under the cap with Kaberle.

So it would be Kessel going instead of Bergeron?

I thought they were doing all of this to be able to sign Kessel, but of course, I have no clue what they are trying to do here, it just seems really odd.

30Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:23 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't know either. I just don't get the impression they don't want Kessel and I'm pretty sure they do want Kaberle.

Last edited by SeawaySensFan on Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

31Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Remember, this isn't about Boston.

It's only about what Burke wants.

32Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:42 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Tough move for Eaves, but this is professional sports, and it goes with the territory. I'm sure some team will take a chance on him, if not now, once he is bought out. Eaves could come out of this ahead financially.

33Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 2 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:56 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Tough move for Eaves, but this is professional sports, and it goes with the territory. I'm sure some team will take a chance on him, if not now, once he is bought out. Eaves could come out of this ahead financially.

I wouldn't be shocked if someone put in a waiver claim on him before it came to that. Eaves is still very young, and he's a better player that he's had a chance to show.

If I'm, say, NSH, I say, why the hell not?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum