GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward

+10
Acrobat
SensGirl11
Sens19
SensFan71
TheAvatar
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Flo The Action
Tuk Tuk
jamvan
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

31Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 3 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:27 pm

Acrobat

Veteran
Veteran

Remember, this isn't about Boston.

It's only about what Burke wants.

32Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 3 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:42 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

Tough move for Eaves, but this is professional sports, and it goes with the territory. I'm sure some team will take a chance on him, if not now, once he is bought out. Eaves could come out of this ahead financially.

33Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 3 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:56 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

dennycrane wrote:Tough move for Eaves, but this is professional sports, and it goes with the territory. I'm sure some team will take a chance on him, if not now, once he is bought out. Eaves could come out of this ahead financially.

I wouldn't be shocked if someone put in a waiver claim on him before it came to that. Eaves is still very young, and he's a better player that he's had a chance to show.

If I'm, say, NSH, I say, why the hell not?

34Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 3 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:47 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

First off, let me say how much I'm starting to admire Rutherford. He tried to move away from the guys that he won with because they were going to get more money. That tanked, so he goes back and adds two KEY elements from the Cup winning team in Cole and Ward.

I was lamenting LAST NIGHT that the Canes should have a shutdown guy to go with Pitkanen and Corvo - and look at this. And he re-acquires Ward for nothing, Eaves wasn't fitting in properly. AND to top it all off, Ward's contract ends at the end of the season, so no tie downs.

Secondly, Burke better not change his mind, because when a GM makes these kind of moves, it means that they have an 'agreement'. Next is either Kobasew or Bergeron if they have any takers (and if this happened, I'm sure they do). Then comes the Kessell for Kaberle deal.

It had better, because Boston's D is one injury (Chara) away from being crappy. Not just average, crappy.

35Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward - Page 3 Empty Re: Bruins acquire Eaves for Aaron Ward Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:58 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

jamvan wrote:
shabbs wrote:
jamvan wrote:I can see the Islanders picking him up.
True... true.

Poor Eaves. Hate to see if go down like that.

I think we'll see a LOT more of this if the cap dips as expected.
I think you're right there Shabbs. His output has certainly not been great since his rookie season.

FYP

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum