GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

aaron ward on waivers

+10
SensGirl11
PTFlea
Urkie
LeCaptain
asq2
SensHulk
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
Flo The Action
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1aaron ward on waivers Empty aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:33 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

from sens chirp

(UPDATE 12:25 PM)- Bob McKenzie is reporting that Carolina defenceman Aaron Ward has been placed on waivers. McKenzie expects Ward to clear and then be place on re-entry where someone could take him for half price. Ottawa has been rumoured to have an interest in Ward in the past.

2aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

2,5 is alot but on re-entry could be good. i was hoping for a more significant move by ottawa before the x-mass break, say from columbus..?

3aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:35 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:from sens chirp

(UPDATE 12:25 PM)- Bob McKenzie is reporting that Carolina defenceman Aaron Ward has been placed on waivers. McKenzie expects Ward to clear and then be place on re-entry where someone could take him for half price. Ottawa has been rumoured to have an interest in Ward in the past.

I'd take Aaron Ward at half price. How many years are left for this guy and what is half price anyway?

- Unknown Author

4aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:35 pm

That would cost the remainder of 1.25M (I believe it to be around 800K).

Who moves out of the lineup in that scenario, not CP, AV, EK, PK.

5aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

RobbyJ wrote:That would cost the remainder of 1.25M (I believe it to be around 800K).

Take Picard out and give Ward Shannon's PP minutes.

- Unknown Author

6aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:46 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

3 times winner of the stanley cup! as if that matters in our state... aaron ward on waivers 489887

7aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:47 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
RobbyJ wrote:That would cost the remainder of 1.25M (I believe it to be around 800K).

We've already taken out enough guys. A trade needs to happen to make this work. I'm not crazy about adding Ward no matter what but if it greases the skids for a trade, I'm up.

8aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:48 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Yes, let's take out our #1 PP man (and that's what Picard is) and give that role to guy who never plays PP, ever.

This is a winning impression of SSF you're doing today, cap't! Smile

The Sens have no use for Aaron Ward, none, not since Carkner's arrival. I'd be surprised if we put in a claim.

9aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:49 pm

Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Why take Picard out, there is a reason he is being waived by the worst team in the league and they are willing to pay half his remaining salary. Ward on the PP is the equivilant of Volchenkov on the PP, a bad idea. I don't think Ward to Ottawa has any truth to it at all.

10aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

Yes, let's take out our #1 PP man (and that's what Picard is) and give that role to guy who never plays PP, ever.

This is a winning impression of SSF you're doing today, cap't! Smile

The Sens have no use for Aaron Ward, none, not since Carkner's arrival. I'd be surprised if we put in a claim.

Man did I ever step in it this time. Why did I think Ward had offensive upside? Facepalm

- Unknown Author

11aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:50 pm

Word is Murray put in a request. I have always liked Ward personally.

12aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:51 pm

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Only other option is to send Karlsson down but we still have campoli as extra. I don't know....is it just one year left on ward's contract?

13aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:54 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:

We've already taken out enough guys. A trade needs to happen to make this work. I'm not crazy about adding Ward no matter what but if it greases the skids for a trade, I'm up.

eactly my feelings, this can only go if it means we`re doing some shipping out.

14aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:54 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:Word is Murray put in a request. I have always liked Ward personally.

I agree, what's not to like about this guy? -- shot-blocker, tough as nails, 3 time cup winner...

But at the same time, is Aaron Ward really what this team needs on the back-end right now? Only if you're moving a guy like Volchenkov. Otherwise, the move makes little sense. That'd be four D you couldn't put on the PP -- Phillips, A-Train, Carkner, and Ward.

15aaron ward on waivers Empty Re: aaron ward on waivers Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Michallica wrote:Only other option is to send Karlsson down but we still have campoli as extra. I don't know....is it just one year left on ward's contract?

It's not so much a money issue as it is a roster size issue. We need to trim ASAP to make this work. Whatever "this" is. I really don't get it other than to think a deal is happening with another team or even with Carolina.

Perhaps the condition for a deal for another player was that Murray agree to take Ward of re-entry ahead of time?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum