GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ward placed on IR

+2
wprager
Mojo
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ward  placed on IR Empty Ward placed on IR Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:48 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Cam Ward has been placed on IR for a groin problem. He has had decent but not great numbers this year. This is still really bad news for the Canes. They were just ousted from the 8th playoff sport last night, and now they lost their #1 goalie. This could be a break for any team trying to push their way into playoff contention.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258823&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

2Ward  placed on IR Empty Re: Ward placed on IR Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

mojo1016 wrote:Cam Ward has been placed on IR for a groin problem. He has had decent but not great numbers this year. This is still really bad news for the Canes. They were just ousted from the 8th playoff sport last night, and now they lost their #1 goalie. This could be a break for any team trying to push their way into playoff contention.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=258823&lid=sublink01&lpos=headlines_nhl

Pretty much everyone thought that only one team from that Division would make it to the post-season. If they miss -- and all indications are that they will -- they will be the first team to ever miss the playoffs three years in a row after winning the Cup.

3Ward  placed on IR Empty Re: Ward placed on IR Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:25 pm

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Hopefully this will lead to some playing time for Justin Peters. I went to the same high school as him.

4Ward  placed on IR Empty Re: Ward placed on IR Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:39 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

That whole division is still garbage. If Ovechkin wasn't so unreal, the Caps would be the worst team out of all of them.

5Ward  placed on IR Empty Re: Ward placed on IR Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:03 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:That whole division is still garbage. If Ovechkin wasn't so unreal, the Caps would be the worst team out of all of them.

Semin, Backstrom, Green, Alzner, Fedorov and Nylander aren't too shabby.

6Ward  placed on IR Empty Re: Ward placed on IR Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:04 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

All of them benefit from playing with the best talent in the NHL. Ovechkin makes every single one of those guys better just by even being present on the ice.

7Ward  placed on IR Empty Re: Ward placed on IR Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:
PKC wrote:That whole division is still garbage. If Ovechkin wasn't so unreal, the Caps would be the worst team out of all of them.

Semin, Backstrom, Green, Alzner, Fedorov and Nylander aren't too shabby.

I must agree. Although their defensive play leaves much to be desired (of course much of that rests on the goalie).

8Ward  placed on IR Empty Re: Ward placed on IR Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:All of them benefit from playing with the best talent in the NHL. Ovechkin makes every single one of those guys better just by even being present on the ice.

Seems to me they played pretty well while AO wasn't. His mind was elsewhere before he went over to Russia to visit with his grandfather. Semin was ripping it up at the time and with little help from Ovechkin.

9Ward  placed on IR Empty Re: Ward placed on IR Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Putrid. Thankfully they're in the East. When 4 of those 5 teams get their heads out of their arses the East will be so much tougher. I still think Washington will pay a massive price for going with Theodore though.

10Ward  placed on IR Empty Re: Ward placed on IR Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:45 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

504Heater wrote:

Putrid. Thankfully they're in the East. When 4 of those 5 teams get their heads out of their arses the East will be so much tougher. I still think Washington will pay a massive price for going with Theodore though.

I agree. I don't think I will ever be able to figure that one out. Theodore is still somewhat living off that one really good year with the Habs I don't know how many years ago. Colorado regretted having him, and now the Caps do. It's too bad because they have a lot fo talent that will start asking for some big paychecks in a few years, and they shot themselves in the foot by bringing in Theodore.

11Ward  placed on IR Empty Re: Ward placed on IR Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:49 am

mojo1016 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

I agree. I don't think I will ever be able to figure that one out. Theodore is still somewhat living off that one really good year with the Habs I don't know how many years ago. Colorado regretted having him, and now the Caps do. It's too bad because they have a lot fo talent that will start asking for some big paychecks in a few years, and they shot themselves in the foot by bringing in Theodore.

It's only two years though, and they'll have Ovechkin for the next 10 after that. No worries.

12Ward  placed on IR Empty Re: Ward placed on IR Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:16 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

hemlock34 wrote:
mojo1016 wrote:
504Heater wrote:

It's only two years though, and they'll have Ovechkin for the next 10 after that. No worries.

For sure, but they have a pretty good window right now. It won't close quickly, but it will be a little smaller by the time he's gone.

13Ward  placed on IR Empty Re: Ward placed on IR Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:34 am

Yep. They'll run into problems with Green, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Semin, and Fleishmann needing big money. Good supporting guys like Laich will probably be moved.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum