GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN Power rankings - Sens get no love in the latest installment

+14
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PKC
LeCaptain
asq2
PTFlea
Jordo
Hobiesens
shabbs
Hoags
mickbud
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Hobiesens

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:Actually TSN has us 13th. But Philly is 12th. I don't get it.
[url=http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=548
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=548[/quote[/url]]

I don't understand how Montreal is 10th??? TSN Power rankings - Sens get no love in the latest installment - Page 4 Icon_scratch

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=548

Dumbest rankings ever. The TSN power rankings are just homerism and fan-boy wishful thinking...having the Montreal Canadiens (2-2-1 in their last five) jump up to tenth from 15th over a team like the Ottawa Senators who are (5-0-0 in their last five) is stupid.

Meanwhile the Red Wings have one shootout win in their last 5 games and somehow they don't drop any spots.

They managed 4 out of 10 points last week and didn't drop.

The argument could go on and on, but it's just easier to say the obvious: the power rankings on TSN are done by a half wit.

[url=http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=548
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=548[/quote[/url]]

Not to mention Montreal is in 10th....

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Like I've said before - The rankings aren't done by someone who just feels like putting them in a specific order for their own pleasure. It takes PP, PK, player ratings, injuries, impact players are having on their team etc... It's not just some guy sitting at a computer saying I think Montreal is 10th because I said so.

It's obviously a flawed system but it's not just some goof saying this is the order because I feel like i.

- Unknown Author

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

The 29-19-3 Kings, 4-1 in their past five games, are four spots lower than the 25-23-5 Habs.

TSN Power rankings - Sens get no love in the latest installment - Page 4 53963

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I don't even know why I'm reading that TSN Power rankings - Sens get no love in the latest installment - Page 4 489887

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

you have got to be kidding me.....Montreal in 10th?

Seriously, when the sens clinch a playoff spot, I want a mass of sens fans to somehow stick it to these idiots at TSN....I like their justification for montreal: Big victories against new jersey and New york. Well whoopity-Diddling-doo, we Diddling beat chicago without michalek and spezza, and didn't lose a single game this week, and our goalie was number one star of the week.

TSN can bite me.

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

whoa... Someone should tell their TSN that ther Bleu, Blanc et Rouge colors are showing...

SensHulk

SensHulk
All-Star
All-Star

Hate to say it, but ESPN has better rankings.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

Cullen's methodology makes no sense.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Michallica wrote:Hate to say it, but ESPN has better rankings.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/powerrankings

Cullen's methodology makes no sense.

Those rankings I agree 100% with. They just make sense. Not like that idiot Scott Cullen's...

I don't really use tsn website for anything hockey related. Sportsline is the way to go for me. Check the rankings, ottawa in 7th.
www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/12837135/power-rankings-senators-finally-get-groove-on
They are the feature story and have the biggest jump. Rightfully so

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

cloverleaf wrote:I don't really use tsn website for anything hockey related. Sportsline is the way to go for me. Check the rankings, ottawa in 7th.
www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/12837135/power-rankings-senators-finally-get-groove-on

That's better. Diddle off TSN, you suck. TSN Power rankings - Sens get no love in the latest installment - Page 4 555492

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

cloverleaf wrote:I don't really use tsn website for anything hockey related. Sportsline is the way to go for me. Check the rankings, ottawa in 7th.

Pretty good rankings as well. All of the ranks make sense thanks to insightful commentary and great research.

Bookmark the scoreboard. They have the quickest live updates going. Not even close. Except if you pay for gamecenter on nhl.com

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:

That's better. Diddle off TSN, you suck. TSN Power rankings - Sens get no love in the latest installment - Page 4 555492

To be honest I e-mailed Wallace about his rankings and he informed me that the team rankings were a summation (if you wish) of the player rankings for that team. I asked why then the team rankings come out before the player rankings do each week and I've yet to hear back.

Really in the grand scheme of things does it matter. If we get better rankings then people will start to notice out team and take them serious. I'd rather have people believe we are playing better than we really are and take advantage of them.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:Really in the grand scheme of things does it matter. If we get better rankings then people will start to notice out team and take them serious. I'd rather have people believe we are playing better than we really are and take advantage of them.

This for me too actually. Ever since the Cup Finals and the subsequent fall of this team, I've yearned to be off the radar - and we're getting it. I want to see what happens when WE'RE the ones sneaking into the playoffs in 7th with 'too many ifs' and the amount of Dung we can Diddle up. Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Goldstein (CBS Sports) finally updated his rankings but it was too late for me to post from work. 7th was great to see plus, as already mentioned, it was the top story. And they were ahead of Philly and Detroit.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sportsnet has their rankings and Ottawa is 11th but I don't know what they use to evaluate the teams.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum