GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

TSN Power rankings - Sens get no love in the latest installment

+14
SensHulk
SeawaySensFan
PKC
LeCaptain
asq2
PTFlea
Jordo
Hobiesens
shabbs
Hoags
mickbud
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Devo wrote:Really in the grand scheme of things does it matter. If we get better rankings then people will start to notice out team and take them serious. I'd rather have people believe we are playing better than we really are and take advantage of them.

This for me too actually. Ever since the Cup Finals and the subsequent fall of this team, I've yearned to be off the radar - and we're getting it. I want to see what happens when WE'RE the ones sneaking into the playoffs in 7th with 'too many ifs' and the amount of Dung we can Diddle up. Ahhhhh!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Goldstein (CBS Sports) finally updated his rankings but it was too late for me to post from work. 7th was great to see plus, as already mentioned, it was the top story. And they were ahead of Philly and Detroit.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sportsnet has their rankings and Ottawa is 11th but I don't know what they use to evaluate the teams.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

After winning six in a row (and getting the top line back) it's not surprising to see Ottawa trending up. What still makes little sense to me is seeing teams like the Flyers ahead of Ottawa. They are behind us in the standings, and they haven't been as hot as we have been, lately. Plus they sucked as bad as we did to drop where they are (not too long ago they were ahead of us in the standings). So it makes absolutely no sense at all for TSN to rank them ahead of us. That formula needs to be checked because it is certainly flawed.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

But they do get love on Sportsline:
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/story/12837135/power-rankings-senators-finally-get-groove-on

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Goldstein does have a thing for the Sens, I think. He was nowhere near as negative on them throughout the Heatley affair and after the trade. I usually enjoy his other articles, too.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Goldstein does have a thing for the Sens, I think. He was nowhere near as negative on them throughout the Heatley affair and after the trade. I usually enjoy his other articles, too.

It's called impartiality. Something none of the sports media in Ottawa or Toronto have ever heard of.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, my. After tonight's win, and if they continue, CBS Sports will run out of places to move the Sens up. Are they the hottest team in the league? Well, they chased Thomas and Brodeur, they got a shutout against Lundqvist. But Washington's also on a 7-game streak, and scoring a ton more goals (but giving up quite a few as well).

It'll be interesting to say the least. I can see Washington taking over top spot from Chicago. Where the Sens end up, wow, who knows.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Oh, my. After tonight's win, and if they continue, CBS Sports will run out of places to move the Sens up. Are they the hottest team in the league? Well, they chased Thomas and Brodeur, they got a shutout against Lundqvist. But Washington's also on a 7-game streak, and scoring a ton more goals (but giving up quite a few as well).

It'll be interesting to say the least. I can see Washington taking over top spot from Chicago. Where the Sens end up, wow, who knows.

Hard to argue with the 9-1-0 run the Caps are on isn't it? Lets not forget that the Avs are also on a 6 game win streak and are also 7-3-0 like the Sens in their last 10.

- Unknown Author

How the f are the Habs 5 spots up on the Sens with a worse record.. so stupid.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Habs ahead? Maybe if the numbers hadn't been updated since the Sens lost five straight. I believe the Habs got to a tie in points but the Sens still had games in hand. They never passed us in the standings unless I'm mistaken.

Which rankings page has them ahead of us?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, geez, I just looked. It's TSN. And there's no excuse since they updated to the 25th. So the Sens win 6 straight and they move up 4 spots. Philly and Habs are both ahead of them. Unbelievable. It's not Toronto Sports Netowrk anymore, it's simply Anyone-but-the-Sens-Sports-Network.

Clutch, can we add a banned word: TSN = ABTSSN?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Oh, geez, I just looked. It's TSN. And there's no excuse since they updated to the 25th. So the Sens win 6 straight and they move up 4 spots. Philly and Habs are both ahead of them. Unbelievable. It's not Toronto Sports Netowrk anymore, it's simply Anyone-but-the-Sens-Sports-Network.

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

at SI.com we're at 14th up from 21st and the Habs sit at 17th.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Oh, geez, I just looked. It's TSN. And there's no excuse since they updated to the 25th. So the Sens win 6 straight and they move up 4 spots. Philly and Habs are both ahead of them. Unbelievable. It's not Toronto Sports Netowrk anymore, it's simply Anyone-but-the-Sens-Sports-Network.

That's a little harsh. There were years, when we were first in our Division on a regular basis, that we'd sit in first in those rankings for most of the season.

- Unknown Author

garblar

garblar
Rookie
Rookie

up to 11th

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

garblar wrote:up to 11th

This should solidify us as a true contender. TSN Power rankings - Sens get no love in the latest installment - Page 5 226479

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

A challenged chimp could make better rankings than TSN. Explain New Jersey who won exactly one game last week, against...wait for it...the Leafs. But they stay in the top 10. Meanwhile the Sens won 3 more games and move up only two spots. I don't get it...what do those rankings measure exactly...what's this magic formula that chimp came up with that sucks so ridiculously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum