GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Garrioch: Three way deal close (LA and SJ)?

+26
davetherave
beerandsens
beedub
mattshock
Cap'n Clutch
ddt
shabbs
SensGirl11
Hoags
strachattack
Vandelay
BigRig
SeawaySensFan
spader
jamvan
wprager
Sens19
asq2
SDH89
M_Christopher
Bramlet07
LeCaptain
PKC
dennycrane
Tuk Tuk
PTFlea
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 25]

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:Also Stoll had close to 70 points with the Oilers - so he has the skills.

Yeah...four years ago. He's barely touched the 40 point mark in the last three years. No Diddle way!

PKC wrote:There better be a Logan Couture/Jamie McGinn and two first coming back with that sad sack pile of Dung trade offer.

Am I wrong to say that Jarret Stoll has negative trade value?

absolutely you would be... Stoll was a good prospect that Edmonton Diddle up BIG time. I dunno if he can regain that magic that made him a close to 2ppg guy in the W, but he certainly wouldn't be a negative ROA

PKC wrote:There better be a Logan Couture/Jamie McGinn and two first coming back with that sad sack pile of Dung trade offer.

Yeah, I don't believe he is dating Rachel Hunter anymore either.....more negative value. Sad

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:^^^^: Uh, I don't think he has negative value, no. Is he worth the 3.5 million? I don't know. What's the value on a 40 point guy who can get 60 in the right environment? 3 ish I guess. So a bit of an overpayment. As for Frolov, we'd be getting A-Train's best friend - which probably doesn't mean much, but it's not a bad thing.

It would be nice to re-sign him and ice a formidable top nine instead of always relying on two lines - or one.

But yes, I absolutely understand what you're saying PKC. It's not fantastic, it's...settling. I don't know how I'd feel it went down. I can't say right now. Shrug

cas wrote:

absolutely you would be... Stoll was a good prospect that Edmonton Diddle up BIG time. I dunno if he can regain that magic that made him a close to 2ppg guy in the W, but he certainly wouldn't be a negative ROA

2 ppg in the WHL doesn't necessarily translate into success in the NHL though. Yes, he's had some productive seasons, but PKC is right, he's declined. I don't see how this is any different than Cheechoo, other than Stoll being older.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cheechoo's 2 years older, but his body is 5 years older.

Stoll would give us 3 guys for 2 spots at centre. Fisher/Stoll/Kelly. None are 1st liners but none are fourth liners either.

I don't see it working as is.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

The point is, it's hard enough to justify paying Chris Kelly 2.2 million to center the third line...how would we do it if Jarret Stoll was getting paid 3.6 million to do it?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Are you guys really serious when you say the Edmonton deal was better than this? Garrioch: Three way deal close (LA and SJ)? - Page 2 Suspect

They combined for 50 goals and 100 points last year, on a team where the leading scorer had 66 points... Penner + Cogliano = 75 points, and we don't have to take any lazy overpaid fat Donkey from LA, AND we save 1 million in cap space.

I think it's time for a wake up call ladies and gentlemen, nobody wants this piece of rat.

SpezDispenser wrote:Cheechoo's 2 years older, but his body is 5 years older.

You're right, my mistake. Obviously, I just assumed and didn't bother to check....until you corrected me lol.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, not sure how that would work. We can't take another center right now - we're all filled up.

I'm quickly warming to the idea of playing a disgruntled Heatley until his contract ends. Diddle his demands.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Also, another monumental issue in this scenario is re-signing Frolov...if we don't sign him to a 5 year for something reasonable, then we essentially traded Dany Heatley for Jarret Stoll.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I'd rather Cheechoo over Stoll, if we're being really honest here.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Let's forget about the stats for a moment, that one timer is pretty good, if you ask me.

Bramlet07

Bramlet07
Veteran
Veteran

Think the Sens would have to add some prospects with Heatley? I did see a SJ scout at the rookie game vs. the Pens.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Bramlet07 wrote:Think the Sens would have to add some prospects with Heatley? I did see a SJ scout at the rookie game vs. the Pens.

Why would the Sens add anything when they are already getting blatantly ripped off in the deal?

Bramlet07 wrote:Think the Sens would have to add some prospects with Heatley? I did see a SJ scout at the rookie game vs. the Pens.

Sure, If LA is throwing Dustin Brown in.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum