GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Garrioch: Three way deal close (LA and SJ)?

+26
davetherave
beerandsens
beedub
mattshock
Cap'n Clutch
ddt
shabbs
SensGirl11
Hoags
strachattack
Vandelay
BigRig
SeawaySensFan
spader
jamvan
wprager
Sens19
asq2
SDH89
M_Christopher
Bramlet07
LeCaptain
PKC
dennycrane
Tuk Tuk
PTFlea
30 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 25]

Bramlet07

Veteran
Veteran

Think the Sens would have to add some prospects with Heatley? I did see a SJ scout at the rookie game vs. the Pens.

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Bramlet07 wrote:Think the Sens would have to add some prospects with Heatley? I did see a SJ scout at the rookie game vs. the Pens.

Why would the Sens add anything when they are already getting blatantly ripped off in the deal?

Bramlet07 wrote:Think the Sens would have to add some prospects with Heatley? I did see a SJ scout at the rookie game vs. the Pens.

Sure, If LA is throwing Dustin Brown in.

M_Christopher

M_Christopher
Sophomore
Sophomore

PKC wrote:Also, another monumental issue in this scenario is re-signing Frolov...if we don't sign him to a 5 year for something reasonable, then we essentially traded Dany Heatley for Jarret Stoll.

Garrioch: Three way deal close (LA and SJ)? - Page 3 194191

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=121

PKC wrote:I'd rather Cheechoo over Stoll, if we're being really honest here.

Amen to that.

Don't worry about it PKC... If I'd read the article originally, I would have noticed this:

Two league executives told Sun Media Wednesday they’ve heard talk the Senators, Sharks and Kings have discussed (!!!) a three-way deal that would send Heatley to San Jose, centre Jarrett Stoll and winger Alexander Frolov to Ottawa and centre Patrick Marleau to the Kings

- Two anonymous, indiscript "executives" - red flag

- Have "heard talk" - bigger red flag

-"dicussed" - rumour over.

We've all heard that these teams may have discussed this stuff. Hell, Chirp speculated they'd discussed this back in Diddle June...

Whats most likely is that booboo is just catching up on logical assumptions Garrioch: Three way deal close (LA and SJ)? - Page 3 812636

SDH89

SDH89
Veteran
Veteran

This isn't as bad as you are all saying. Last year Frolov put up 32 goals, and Stoll put up 18. There's 50 goals added to our offence that our so called "50 goal man" Heatley didn't put up last year. While I agree that Stoll is overpaid, he's very capable on the draws, and I believe a solid PK'er as well. This deal would make Chris Kellu more than expendable. Frolov is a steal at 2.9, and although he will seek a heavy raise, we would still be saving 1.4 million in this deal for this year and also would most likely be also receiving picks and/or prospects from SJ. Saying all of this, I still highly doubt anything will happen, it's just something to think about....

Doesn't matter...its not happening.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah, I doubt Booboo caught this one for the touchdown. I'd be impressed if this happened tomorrow, but I certainly wouldn't hold my breath.

As I've said before: real execs mess with booboo to see what he'll print and to see what he'll believe. He is about as likely to break a story as I am... difference being: I'm not paid to do it and I don't try to do it.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SDH89 wrote:This isn't as bad as you are all saying. Last year Frolov put up 32 goals, and Stoll put up 18. There's 50 goals added to our offence that our so called "50 goal man" Heatley didn't put up last year. While I agree that Stoll is overpaid, he's very capable on the draws, and I believe a solid PK'er as well. This deal would make Chris Kellu more than expendable. Frolov is a steal at 2.9, and although he will seek a heavy raise, we would still be saving 1.4 million in this deal for this year and also would most likely be also receiving picks and/or prospects from SJ. Saying all of this, I still highly doubt anything will happen, it's just something to think about....

While I do agree with you somewhat, I think that logic is flawed.

The Sedins together put up more points, for example, than Ovechkin did last season, but I doubt many would argue that they are more valuable than he is. More extremely, Kyle Calder, Michal Handzus and Derek Armstrong as a unit combined for more points than any one player on our roster as well.

Figuring out how it would impact our offence isn't so simple, IMO. Heatley as the terrific playmaker that he is also leads to many goals through assists, and you have to subtract the offence that would have been provided from another player that would have been in the slot where Stoll or Frolov would occupy.

Frankly, I don't think it really improves us at all. The incentives would have to come rather heavily from picks and prospects from LA or SJ, and Booboo doesn't seem to insinuate that there would be any.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

There's no way this deal is at it is. There has to be at least a top prospect and/or picks coming our way.

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Sens19 wrote:There's no way this deal is at it is. There has to be at least a top prospect and/or picks coming our way.

SJ has got to give something up. It's basic math. Heatley >> Marleau.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Sens19 wrote:There's no way this deal is at it is. There has to be at least a top prospect and/or picks coming our way.

which is why this trade won't happen. They either have to give up a top prospect such as McGinn or Coture or a roster player. Their 1st rounder would be useless

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

A bit more from Boo-Boo on the OTP blog:

Heating up

KITCHENER _ The trade talk is going into the night now.
Training camp is now acting as the pressure point a league executive told me it would earlier this week.

The San Jose Sharks are back in the mix. That is confirmed. The New
York Rangers, as I have been reporting for months, have never left.

Dany Heatley will get his wish sooner or later. He has reaffirmed to the Senators he doesn't want to stay.

Will it be today? The Senators don't want him in camp.

Jesus, people need to get off the ledge... Frolov is about as good a player as you are going to get back for Heatley, in fact, IMO, I think he is a better overall player who will get you 30-35 goals with about 30-40 assist. He is also solid on the PK and very solid in the dressing room from some of the things Ive seen and heard about him.

Stoll, its a saary dump, we knew there was going to be one coming back, so why are people so shocked. He's better then Cheechoo, he's better then Penner (cheaper too), and he is one of th ebest faceoff guys in the league and has a cannon of a shot.

I think obviously there has to be more involved because of Frolov's contract only having 1 year left on it, but that's the only reason there should be more coming back.

hemlock wrote:

If they were signed to the same deal, it would be Marleau >>> Heatley.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

God, I hope this deal doesn't happen. There's no way Murray could accept this deal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 25]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum