GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfie Speaks Out

+16
mattshock
Hayden
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
Tuk Tuk
davetherave
PKC
Acrobat
Phoenix30
TheAvatar
Sp00nz
asq2
Sens19
wprager
PTFlea
jamvan
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Alfie Speaks Out - Page 5 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:52 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:To add to that, I think Alfie did a great job of just skimming the surface on his thoughts about Heatley. He didn't come out and call him a Diddle loser, but he made it pretty clear.

I agree. I think the media has blown it out of proportion. He said the best case scenario is for Heatley to get traded. uh...DUH! The guy is going around saying he wants out he really hopes something happens before the season starts but he'll honour his contract if he isn't traded.

Alfie also says Heatley will need to explain himself. uh...DUH! I really don't see anything wrong with what he said nor do I see it as controversial in any way shape or form.

Now if Alfie had come out and said one of the following then it could be controversial.

1 - He wants out and we can't accept him back in our room

2 - We can't accept a team-mate who disrespects our team, it's leadership and it's coach.

62Alfie Speaks Out - Page 5 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 am

Hoags

All-Star
All-Star

It's been said many times before but they don't all have to be friends in that dressing room, but they do need to work together.

I think Heatley covets the 'C' and doesn't like Alfie as a result.

They should all agree to disagree and work together toward a Sens playoff run this season and leave it at that.

63Alfie Speaks Out - Page 5 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:02 am

spader

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
spader wrote:To add to that, I think Alfie did a great job of just skimming the surface on his thoughts about Heatley. He didn't come out and call him a Diddle loser, but he made it pretty clear.

I agree. I think the media has blown it out of proportion. He said the best case scenario is for Heatley to get traded. uh...DUH! The guy is going around saying he wants out he really hopes something happens before the season starts but he'll honour his contract if he isn't traded.

Alfie also says Heatley will need to explain himself. uh...DUH! I really don't see anything wrong with what he said nor do I see it as controversial in any way shape or form.

Now if Alfie had come out and said one of the following then it could be controversial.

1 - He wants out and we can't accept him back in our room

2 - We can't accept a team-mate who disrespects our team, it's leadership and it's coach.

He did a great job of just hinting at anything that could be construed to mean that Heatley is the cancer that many of us bill him to be. It was that comment about many teams dealing with players they don't like. Good on ya Alfie.

64Alfie Speaks Out - Page 5 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:26 am

hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:
marakh wrote:This is starting to really sound like ALfie vs Heatley.

That's a losing battle for Heatley, at least in the court of public opinion. I would like (and I have zero knowledge of the locker room dynamic) the players would side with Alfie too. If not, the problems are way larger in Ottawa than anyone ever thought. Alfie Speaks Out - Page 5 718821

I said that when....?

I don't recall you ever saying that the players were against Alfie, but if you'd like to claim credit now, have at it.

That Ottawa's locker room was disfunctional? Pretty sure I said that a looooong time ago.

65Alfie Speaks Out - Page 5 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:35 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Saw on SNet this morning an interview with Phillips... Phillips said he had talked to Heatley a couple of times this summer... so he is talking to some players.

66Alfie Speaks Out - Page 5 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:10 am

Hoags wrote:It's been said many times before but they don't all have to be friends in that dressing room, but they do need to work together.

I think Heatley covets the 'C' and doesn't like Alfie as a result.

They should all agree to disagree and work together toward a Sens playoff run this season and leave it at that.

I seriously doubt thats the whole reason. Lets hop in the time machine and travel back to 2007-08 (which is quickly becoming the modern day O.Sens defining year): Team goes 15-2, 16-3, w/e you want to call it, then Ray Ray comes back and the team falls to pieces; drifting through mediocrity all the way until the All-Star break. Then, the wheels fall off! Stories emerge from behind the scenes that there is turmoil in the dressing room. One contingent of players is vastly underperforming, while another is trying to keep the team above water (luck being what it is, this contingent happens to get injured almost simultaneously). The playoffs come and go as quickly as an episode of the old battle of Ontario once did and a long off-season of second guessing begins.

Using certain assumption, it seems rather evident that the rift may have begun with the Captain and the goalie, but may still be continuing with the Captain and the Sniper. This is Alfie's team and Heatley doesn't want to be a part of Alfie's team.

Conclusion: GTFO Heatley.

67Alfie Speaks Out - Page 5 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:38 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

cas wrote:

You're probably right but I think Clouston should lock the two in a room until they work it out.

Just because some players don't get along we shouldn't be trading them back for peanuts and setting the team back years in talent level.

Seriously I doubt we're the only team with personality conflicts in the dressing room. If the Rangers can have Avery without falling to pieces we should be able to keep Heater.

Last edited by Hoags on Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total

68Alfie Speaks Out - Page 5 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:50 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Murray needs to lock Clouston, Heatley, Alfie and Phillips in a room and get it all sorted. Then bring Fisher in at the end to take delivery of the "A" that has been removed from Heatley. No more questions, no more drama, just play some Diddle hockey.

69Alfie Speaks Out - Page 5 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:01 pm

On a positive note, I did not see McGrattan at the anual Labour Day Rave in Toronto this year, haha.

70Alfie Speaks Out - Page 5 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:06 pm

Hoags wrote:
cas wrote:

You're probably right but I think Clouston should lock the two in a room until they work it out.

Just because some players don't get along we shouldn't be trading them back for peanuts and setting the team back years in talent level.

Seriously I doubt we're the only team with personality conflicts in the dressing room. If the Rangers can have Avery without falling to pieces we should be able to keep Heater.
No we shouldn't but it does change the complexion of the coming season.

Also, its entirely different when two of three letter wearers don't get along...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum