GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfie Speaks Out

+16
mattshock
Hayden
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
Tuk Tuk
davetherave
PKC
Acrobat
Phoenix30
TheAvatar
Sp00nz
asq2
Sens19
wprager
PTFlea
jamvan
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:26 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What else did they say?

47Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:27 pm

Meh, not much, just some cliches. Phillips saying he has spoke to Heatley a few times this summer is a good sign though. There seriously might be a huge rift in that room between Heatley and Alfi though... that's what I kind of took from that.

48Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:29 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

This is starting to really sound like ALfie vs Heatley.

49Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:33 pm

marakh wrote:This is starting to really sound like ALfie vs Heatley.

That's a losing battle for Heatley, at least in the court of public opinion. I would like (and I have zero knowledge of the locker room dynamic) the players would side with Alfie too. If not, the problems are way larger in Ottawa than anyone ever thought. Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 718821

50Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:35 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 H-bomb_1

51Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:37 pm

hemlock wrote:

That's a losing battle for Heatley, at least in the court of public opinion. I would like (and I have zero knowledge of the locker room dynamic) the players would side with Alfie too. If not, the problems are way larger in Ottawa than anyone ever thought. Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 718821

I said that when....?

52Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

N4L wrote:Meh, not much, just some cliches. Phillips saying he has spoke to Heatley a few times this summer is a good sign though. There seriously might be a huge rift in that room between Heatley and Alfi though... that's what I kind of took from that.

Yeah, I got that sense when this first began. Although, I thought he might have and issue with Fisher and Phillips as well to be honest. The 'old guard' I think he called them, or something like that. Really interesting.

53Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:39 pm

Ottawa has been the most messed up locked room in the league for a long time.

54Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:43 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

This really makes the most sense in all this. From the moment he said he felt his role in the team isn't where he wanted I knew it was more than just ice time but blaming it on the new coach is def safer than mentioning Alfie's name in the public.

I never liked the fact the he got the "A" and thought it belonged to Fisher and if it was going to go to anyone else I would've been ok with it given to Smith because of his long tenure in the NHL and his reputation as a great leader. It seemed like the "A" was part of some deal

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

55Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:52 pm

N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:

I said that when....?

I don't recall you ever saying that the players were against Alfie, but if you'd like to claim credit now, have at it.

56Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:53 pm

Hayden

Hayden
Rookie
Rookie

I've been a huge Alfie fan for the past 4-5 years - since coming to this site (a daily visit) I find myself moving away from him as my favourite. I find most of the guys on here are too over the top on Alfie - he is top 3 on ice leaders in the league - just my 2 cents.

I in no way would ever defend what Heatley has done - but I can definitely understand how it might be frustrating to here how great Alfie is every day.

57Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:15 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hayden wrote:I've been a huge Alfie fan for the past 4-5 years - since coming to this site (a daily visit) I find myself moving away from him as my favourite. I find most of the guys on here are too over the top on Alfie - he is top 3 on ice leaders in the league - just my 2 cents.

I in no way would ever defend what Heatley has done - but I can definitely understand how it might be frustrating to here how great Alfie is every day.

This is the kind of reaction you get when you're a player who backchecks like a demon, should and is considered for the Selke every year, can snipe 40 goals, is an elite level passer, never puts himself above the team, works as hard as a rookie and is captain to boot. Not to mention that he and Spezza (but mostly Alfie), picked the team up when it needed it and literally carried them into the Finals.

I understand what you're saying Hayden - and it's an interesting point, but IMO, if Heatley gave 100% every night, back-checked, left it on the ice, skated hard etc., then he too would rank amongst the top players in the world. As of right now, he's got 2 dimensions. He's an excellent passer and he scores goals. Both good attributes, but he doesn't compete at the same level as Alfie does, nor does he come close to playing on both sides of the puck like Alfie. Just my opinion though. Ahhhhh!

58Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:04 am

mattshock

mattshock
Veteran
Veteran

Alfie deserved the Conn Smythe, no question, that year. He was the team, and in my opinion, still is. Spez said it all.

He's a golden god!!

I just went over to the Senators official website to see that wallpaper of him on the left side and Kovalev on the right. How could you sit across from that guy staring at you and not work your Donkey off??

Alfie is king.

59Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:32 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think Alfie had no choice but to speak out. Heatley, through his words and actions had basically crapped on the team, the leadership and the coach. He couldn't just say the standard - We'll welcome him back - garbage. He had to stand up for the team and let it be known that if Heatley is part of this team this season then he better explain himself and if he really doesn't like it here then it's obvious that the best case scenario is for him to get out. Anything less would have shown Alfie to be a push over and not much of a leader.

- Unknown Author

60Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:34 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

To add to that, I think Alfie did a great job of just skimming the surface on his thoughts about Heatley. He didn't come out and call him a Diddle loser, but he made it pretty clear.

61Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:52 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

spader wrote:To add to that, I think Alfie did a great job of just skimming the surface on his thoughts about Heatley. He didn't come out and call him a Diddle loser, but he made it pretty clear.

I agree. I think the media has blown it out of proportion. He said the best case scenario is for Heatley to get traded. uh...DUH! The guy is going around saying he wants out he really hopes something happens before the season starts but he'll honour his contract if he isn't traded.

Alfie also says Heatley will need to explain himself. uh...DUH! I really don't see anything wrong with what he said nor do I see it as controversial in any way shape or form.

Now if Alfie had come out and said one of the following then it could be controversial.

1 - He wants out and we can't accept him back in our room

2 - We can't accept a team-mate who disrespects our team, it's leadership and it's coach.

- Unknown Author

62Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:55 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

It's been said many times before but they don't all have to be friends in that dressing room, but they do need to work together.

I think Heatley covets the 'C' and doesn't like Alfie as a result.

They should all agree to disagree and work together toward a Sens playoff run this season and leave it at that.

63Alfie Speaks Out - Page 4 Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:02 am

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
spader wrote:To add to that, I think Alfie did a great job of just skimming the surface on his thoughts about Heatley. He didn't come out and call him a Diddle loser, but he made it pretty clear.

I agree. I think the media has blown it out of proportion. He said the best case scenario is for Heatley to get traded. uh...DUH! The guy is going around saying he wants out he really hopes something happens before the season starts but he'll honour his contract if he isn't traded.

Alfie also says Heatley will need to explain himself. uh...DUH! I really don't see anything wrong with what he said nor do I see it as controversial in any way shape or form.

Now if Alfie had come out and said one of the following then it could be controversial.

1 - He wants out and we can't accept him back in our room

2 - We can't accept a team-mate who disrespects our team, it's leadership and it's coach.

He did a great job of just hinting at anything that could be construed to mean that Heatley is the cancer that many of us bill him to be. It was that comment about many teams dealing with players they don't like. Good on ya Alfie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum