GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hartsburg Speaks

+7
shabbs
strachattack
Snuh
SeawaySensFan
PTFlea
Cronie
SensGirl11
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Hartsburg Speaks Empty Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:03 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I haven't read it yet. Thought you would all like to see it.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/Hartsburg+disappointed+over+firing/1248737/story.html

2Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:06 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

very cordial. If genuine, I will say that Hartsburg is all class, and a hat tip to him. I'm very sorry things didn't work out Craig, and for what it's worth, I like the way he looked behind the bench, but I suppose it just wasn't in the cards.

Best of luck Craig, and I sincerely hope you land a fulfilling and hopefully less-stressful gig somewhere soon.

3Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:06 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Sad stuff. I feel bad for the guy, but at the same time. Come on!! He just didn't do what he said he'd do, and that sealed his fate. Plain and simple. Pretty much exactly like Paddock.

Sad

4Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:08 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

all good points Stargate. I still feel for him, because I think he thought he could make a difference.

In all fairness though, at face value, despite all his preaching about accountability, he never really did anything to enforce it (whether he could or couldn't is still being debated and I suppose we'll never get the real truth on that).

5Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:10 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

It actually really sucks, this guy should've been the perfect guy for the future of this team. We've got about 4 guys coming up through the ranks next year. We all saw how well Regin and Foligno were playing. He's a good coach for young guys, but for some reason, our top guys didn't like him. There's a reason for that, I'm sure. When Alfie says he didn't like him (or something along those lines) there is something very wrong. Why he didn't tell Murray this earlier is beyond me.

I do wish Hartsburg the best. I thought he could get the job done, he just wasn't ready yet. I hope things work out for him elsewhere.

6Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:12 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Cronenbergfan wrote:all good points Stargate. I still feel for him, because I think he thought he could make a difference.

In all fairness though, at face value, despite all his preaching about accountability, he never really did anything to enforce it (whether he could or couldn't is still being debated and I suppose we'll never get the real truth on that).

I have a hard time believing that he was told not to bench star players. I have a very hard time with that. If that is true, there is no reason for him to have been fired, it should all be on Murray. The GM should stay out of the coaching and vice versa. As much as Owners should stay out of GMing.

7Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

One MAIN reason I really feel bad for Hartsburg is because of this, I would think it's HIGHLY unlikely another NHL team will touch him with a 10 foot pole, at least for the near future.

But then again, maybe in another city with different players, he could be the perfect fit...

Either way, he seems to be the latest casualty from the cancerous nucleus that has become the Ottawa Senators organization. Geez Eugene, this org needs WAY more than CHEMO... It needs a player transplant for starters...

8Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, what a class act. What can you say?

9Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:24 pm

I didn't like the guy as a coach but his last interview was as classy a departure as I can remember....

10Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:26 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder what Clouston will sound like when he gets giggled out of a job?

11Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:31 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

Cronenbergfan wrote:One MAIN reason I really feel bad for Hartsburg is because of this, I would think it's HIGHLY unlikely another NHL team will touch him with a 10 foot pole, at least for the near future.

But then again, maybe in another city with different players, he could be the perfect fit...

Either way, he seems to be the latest casualty from the cancerous nucleus that has become the Ottawa Senators organization. Geez Eugene, this org needs WAY more than CHEMO... It needs a player transplant for starters...

I seriously hope we have better luck being sellers at the deadline than we had being buyers...If that's what happens.

12Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:35 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:I wonder what Clouston will sound like when he gets giggled out of a job?

LOL!

13Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:35 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:I wonder what Clouston will sound like when he gets giggled out of a job?
I'm hoping Spezza's first giggle is followed quickly by a slap by Clouston. HA HA!

14Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:38 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Sad story...

15Hartsburg Speaks Empty Re: Hartsburg Speaks Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:48 pm

Snuh

Snuh
Rookie
Rookie

shabbs wrote:
I'm hoping Spezza's first giggle is followed quickly by a slap by Clouston. HA HA!

The whole team needs a slap in the face. I'd even go as far to say the entire organization needs a slap in the face. Boy oh boy, gone are the days where other clubs tried to use Ottawa's model to mold their teams and organizations. We're being schooled by Chicago in that respect. But in order to revert back to those ways you pretty much have to suck at one point or another to get some good draft pick and build up or re-build up to that point.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum