GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfie Speaks Out

+16
mattshock
Hayden
LeCaptain
SensGirl11
Tuk Tuk
davetherave
PKC
Acrobat
Phoenix30
TheAvatar
Sp00nz
asq2
Sens19
wprager
PTFlea
jamvan
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Alfie Speaks Out Empty Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:42 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Daniel Alfredsson will be ready to go for Senators training camp next week, and he refuses to let Dany Heatley's trade request become a distraction.
The Ottawa captain spoke on Friday during a preliminary skate as he prepares for the Sept. 12 opening of camp. Heatley has said he will attend training camp even if his trade request isn't met, and Alfredsson was asked if he would expect the two-time 50-goal scorer to speak to the team in an attempt to clear the air.
"No question, if that happens. You can't just wipe it under the rug and go on, you're going to have to address the situation, and we'll do that if that's the case next week," said Alfredsson.

Alfredsson discussed the prospect of having a player on the team who has admitted that he doesn't want to be there.
"It's not the ideal situation, but it's something that can be worked out, I guess," said Alfredsson. "He does help our team if he plays - no question - so if something happens during the season or if (GM) Bryan (Murray) decides he's going to stay the whole year, who knows what's going to happen.

"As players, we can't really make those decisions. We take what we have and make the best of it, and that's something that we'll work out as it comes along," added Alfredsson.

When asked about the possibility of Heatley being made to give up his assistant captaincy, Alfredsson offered that it was a decision that would be addressed with team management and the coaching staff.
In terms of Heatley's trade request, Alfredsson felt that he didn't have all the facts.

"All I know is he has his reasons, and I don't know if he's told the whole story, or if there's something else. I haven't spoken to him and I don't know what his reasons are. I could only speculate and I'd like not to," said Alfredsson.
"Obviously it would be the best scenario for everybody (for him to be traded), but if it was that easy then I think that something would already have been done. We're ready for whatever happens and we'll make something good out of it."
With the prospect of a training camp circus ahead should Heatley report as promised, Alfredsson kept things in perspective.

"It's not something that we'll use as an excuse if we get off to a slow start. But if he comes back there is going to be a lot of attention, a lot of focus," explained Alfredsson. "Whatever happens in practice, if somebody hits him, or if something occurs, everything is going to be blown out of proportion."

2Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:47 pm

Classy comments from the captain. Pretty well exactly what he needs to say as this teams leader. Hopefully the other guys will follow and at least welcome Heatley back into the fold somewhat so we can ice the best team possible.

We've got the coach, the defense should be better than it was last year(at least together for the whole year) and we've got more offence imo. Alfie is right, no excuses.

3Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy cow, to me the direct translation there is: Diddle I wish he was traded by now, but I understand why he's not. We don't want him here really, but we'll try to deal with the rat bastard.

4Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:Holy cow, to me the direct translation there is: Diddle I wish he was traded by now, but I understand why he's not. We don't want him here really, but we'll try to deal with the rat bastard.

You're paraphrasing just a little. I'm sure I've never heard Alfie say diddle.

5Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:Holy cow, to me the direct translation there is: Diddle I wish he was traded by now, but I understand why he's not. We don't want him here really, but we'll try to deal with the rat bastard.

:^^^^: Just a little.

6Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:06 pm

wprager wrote:

You have now...albeit it Swedish.

7Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:31 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Ya the interview on Sens TV didn't look like a guy who would welcome Heatley back. He even said "it's unfortunate he won't be part of the group that would try and turn it around". I personally don't think he wants him back at all and he knows he'll be traded somehow. Man I want this guy out of here now more than ever

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

8Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:34 pm

Sens19 wrote:Ya the interview on Sens TV didn't look like a guy who would welcome Heatley back. He even said "it's unfortunate he won't be part of the group that would try and turn it around". I personally don't think he wants him back at all and he knows he'll be traded somehow. Man I want this guy out of here now more than ever

The homer in me does too, but rationally, I thank my lucky stars that BM is our GM. He's got the patience of a monk. The temptation to take less to rid himself of a problem must be huge.

9Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:42 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Sens19 wrote:Ya the interview on Sens TV didn't look like a guy who would welcome Heatley back. He even said "it's unfortunate he won't be part of the group that would try and turn it around". I personally don't think he wants him back at all and he knows he'll be traded somehow. Man I want this guy out of here now more than ever

The homer in me does too, but rationally, I thank my lucky stars that BM is our GM. He's got the patience of a monk. The temptation to take less to rid himself of a problem must be huge.

I'm torn between getting rid of the guy for a bag of pucks or holding on to him until eventually someone gives us a good return. But in the end I want the best for the team and if that means having to see this douche in a Sens uniform again then so be it. This incident should shut up all the Murray haters because it just shows that this guy knows how to deal with adverse situations

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

10Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

hemlock wrote:

Absolutely, he should be commended. But the Edmonton deal didn't exactly blow me out of the water to be honest.

11Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:09 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:Classy comments from the captain. Pretty well exactly what he needs to say as this teams leader. Hopefully the other guys will follow and at least welcome Heatley back into the fold somewhat so we can ice the best team possible.

We've got the coach, the defense should be better than it was last year(at least together for the whole year) and we've got more offence imo. Alfie is right, no excuses.

Also, Gerber = out, Leclaire = in.

12Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:12 pm

asq2 wrote:
hemlock wrote:Classy comments from the captain. Pretty well exactly what he needs to say as this teams leader. Hopefully the other guys will follow and at least welcome Heatley back into the fold somewhat so we can ice the best team possible.

Also, Gerber = out, Leclaire = in.

Very true.

13Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:15 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
hemlock wrote:

Absolutely, he should be commended. But the Edmonton deal didn't exactly blow me out of the water to be honest.

Amen. I like Cogliano, but Smid and Penner don't really do it for me. To me, I'd rather have Cheechoo and Michalek+ then take on Cogs/Penner/Smid.

Penner is fat and lazy. Cheechoo's work ethic is still there. I think Cheechoo would get back to his previous form before Penner would.

14Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:23 pm

Penner is also 100% capable of playing on a number 1 line and producing 20 plus goals a year. Cogliano has speed to burn and tons of offensive upside, perhaps the perfect 2nd line center. Smid, well, gonna need a replacement after A Train bolts, same mold.

That Edmonton deal was decent. Better then Cheechoo and Michalek anyways.

15Alfie Speaks Out Empty Re: Alfie Speaks Out Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:37 pm

N4L wrote:Penner is also 100% capable of playing on a number 1 line and producing 20 plus goals a year. Cogliano has speed to burn and tons of offensive upside, perhaps the perfect 2nd line center. Smid, well, gonna need a replacement after A Train bolts, same mold.

That Edmonton deal was decent. Better then Cheechoo and Michalek anyways.

Agree to disagree I guess. I'd prefer the Michalek/Cheechoo plus a prospect package.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum