GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590

+5
Acrobat
SeawaySensFan
LeCaptain
Cronie
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This is what he had to say:

- He will be back next season as GM, Melnyk supports him

-A week or so after Clouston took over as coach, he knew that the team was in good hands - and that Clouston would be back next year. Loves his hockey mind and his desire to win.

-Says that if Clouston had been coach all year, the Sens would be a playoff team.

-Hartsburg did not know how to run practices. Conditioning of players was weak - Clouston was surprised at how badly conditioned they were. Clouston tried to fix what he could this year, but needs more time to get a cohesive unit running at all times. Clouston has insisted on hard practices with lots of skating and hard work on breakouts and positioning.

-Is 'happy and relieved' that the goaltending situation has been resolved (wouldn't comment on Auld or Elliott). They have liked Leclaire for a while now, this was their first legitimate chance to acquire him.

- Likes what Clouston has done with the D, but still believes the Sens need a number one D-man.

-Asked who would come out of the East: "Boston. Julien is an incredible coach and his team is almost perfectly run."

2Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's also speculation (as Dennycrane posted yesterday) that Mlakar will be stepping down.

3Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:42 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Speculation on Mlakar...
May I ask on who's part? Or is it just a rumor or conjecture at this point?

4Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:54 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

MElnyk was asked about Mlakar on the press con, he said he and Roy will talk after the season is over.

5Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:57 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Speculation on Mlakar...
May I ask on who's part? Or is it just a rumor or conjecture at this point?

Rumours galore. Mlakar was offered a multi-year deal at the beginning of the season, but took only a 1 year deal. Melnyk hinted at some shaking up a while ago, this might fit the bill.

6Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:03 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Well, a changing of the guard couldn't hurt, right?

I wonder who Eugene has in mind to take over?

7Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:Well, a changing of the guard couldn't hurt, right?

I'm not sure. What does Mlaker do?

8Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:09 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

504Heater wrote:
Cronie wrote:Well, a changing of the guard couldn't hurt, right?

I'm not sure. What does Mlaker do?

He's a Snake Oil Salesman.

9Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Cronie

Cronie
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

took the words RIGHT out of my mouth SSF.

I think Mlakar is just a very expensive mouthpiece.

10Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:18 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cronie wrote:took the words RIGHT out of my mouth SSF.

Really?

11Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 3:33 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

He's just too "familiar" for a man in his position. All chummy with the fellas on the radio and so on. He probably stepped on a lot of heads to get to where he is.

12Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 4:28 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:

He's just too "familiar" for a man in his position. All chummy with the fellas on the radio and so on. He probably stepped on a lot of heads to get to where he is.

I'm just curious what you all think his position is? He isn't just involved in hockey operations, in fact he oversees most of what happens in the building. Essentially hockey is a small part of his responsibilities.

He took the 1 year deal because his better half is tied to Los Angeles and he would rather head back there. I think you'll find Cyril will likely take over.

13Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:23 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

I agree - Leeder has transferred much of his other responsibility to other staff (e.g. Bell Capital Cup, etc) so he would be the logical choice.

14Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:37 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

504Heater wrote:Conditioning of players was weak.

This must change.

15Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Empty Re: Bryan Murray speaks on the Fan 590 Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
504Heater wrote:Conditioning of players was weak.

This must change.

It already has. They're working their arses off under Clouston in practices, but it'll take some time before they can start playing game in and game out with full endurance.

Leave it to Clouston, he'll have them hopping I would imagine. If there's one thing he isn't, it's a loser. He'll want them to report in to training camp in optimum condition. And if you're not, I have a feeling you'll be in trouble.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum