GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc.

+8
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PKC
LeCaptain
shabbs
Riprock
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Part 1:

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/100426_Murray-1.mp3

Part 2:

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/100426_Murray-2.mp3

Part 3:

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/100426_Murray-3.mp3

Part 4:

http://senators.nhl.com/v2/ext/Audio/100426_Murray-4.mp3

Haven't really had a chance to listen to it all, but I laughed when he said Spezza definitely isn't Crosby.

Last edited by SpezDispenser on Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

The 'Spezza isn't Crosby' comments are nothing against Spezza. It is unfair to compare Spezza to Crosby or expect Spezza to match his skill set, that is all he meant by it.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Well, I'm proud of my Sens and what they did in the post season... they gave the defending Cup champs a run for their money... all without Kuba, Kovalev and Michalek... we'll always wonder what we could have done with all those guys in the line-up. No one gave them any respect at the start of the year... predicting a bottom of the East style finish, behind the Leafs but they rallied around Clouston and played a team-first game. We'll see who ends up sticking around over the summer... but as long as the focus is on keeping players who buy into the team mentality and commit, we should be OK.

GO SENS GO!!!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Dash wrote:The 'Spezza isn't Crosby' comments are nothing against Spezza. It is unfair to compare Spezza to Crosby or expect Spezza to match his skill set, that is all he meant by it.

Oh for sure, I know what he meant, it was still really amusing though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Well, I'm proud of my Sens and what they did in the post season... they gave the defending Cup champs a run for their money... all without Kuba, Kovalev and Michalek... we'll always wonder what we could have done with all those guys in the line-up. No one gave them any respect at the start of the year... predicting a bottom of the East style finish, behind the Leafs but they rallied around Clouston and played a team-first game. We'll see who ends up sticking around over the summer... but as long as the focus is on keeping players who buy into the team mentality and commit, we should be OK.

GO SENS GO!!!

Yeah man, we're gonna be more than okay. This was Clouston's first time with the reigns for the full year and he took us to the 5th seed. He got out-coached a couple of times in the post-season, but it was by the defending SC winning coach - he'll work on what needs to be improved.

I never gave Michalek, Kuba and Kovalev much more than a 2nd thought because they had all played so streaky, I wasn't sure if they could have made a difference, but as someone pointed out, that third line gets exponentially better with Michalek and Kovalev on it being centered by Winchester. Kuba subbing in for Campoli is also a massive upgrade, so yeah, in the end our depth got tested and we still made the Pens crap their loons.

Next year, the depth will be just as good, the character should be great, the coaching that much better, the goaltending that much better. And if guys like Cowen, Wiercioch, Gryba, Butler, Z.Smith - and to a lesser extent Hoffman, Cowick, Petersson etc. don't make the NHL, then they'll be getting primed in Bingo, same with Lehner, which to me makes the future very, very exciting. We tried, we lost, the lessons are there to never get down 3-1 - avoid it at all costs, make the 4th and 5th games like they were Game 7s and try to always be up one or even.

Regin, Karlsson and Elliott spearhead what will be a dynamic attack for the next 15 years, not to mention the excitement that fans should have over Wiercioch, Cowen and Lehner. No matter how much you like or dislike Spezza, he's a number one center and he's under contract, Alfie, Kovalev, Michalek, Fisher, Foligno, Kelly, Ruutu, Neil. This is not a pop-gun offense, this is serious stuff - and with the puck moving getting even better next year with a year older Karlsson and Kuba hopefully being healthy - we can expect some really, really good things.

All that to say...

GO SENS GO!!!! Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. 805406 Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. 235689 Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. 542150

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Sounds like he wants another PMD... Nice.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

marakh wrote:Sounds like he wants another PMD... Nice.

Don't go cheap! Go Gonchar! Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. 805406 Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. 235689

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:Sounds like he wants another PMD... Nice.

To replace Volchenkov I'd imagine. What about this backend?

Phillips-Kubina
Kuba-Karlsson
Carkner-Campoli

I'd say that backend is as competitive as you can get in the east. Gives you dangerous point men for both PP units. You'll have a really competitive penalty kill as well. And even strength, I think those guys can skate with anyone in the league.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Kubina is a little slow, but I've ALWAYS thought he'd be awesome here.

Or Gonchar.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Wow, just making my way through the first couple of MP3s.

1.Volchenkov is gone. That's 100% clear. "We're not 100 miles apart, but he and his agent feel that this is an exciting time to test the market. They feel they can get the numbers out there that we can't even come close to"

2.Jason Spezza tries to do too much, but he's a great player, you don't find many like that in the NHL.

3.I loved what Matt Cullen brought to our team and locker room. We'll be talking to Matt real soon.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh and also the PMD thing. He seems to want a REAL puck-mover to compliment EK, so yeah, we can start speculating soon. Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. 805406

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Wiercioch? Sarcasm

Seriously though, could be a free agent signing (NHL FA or KHL/SEL/etc) or via trade.

I still think they are going to build from within and if that's indeed what they are looking for it will be Wiercoich in which case I agree with SD, Wiercoich will be here.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jagr and Cervenka to the Sens, I'm calling it right now! Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. 95132

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

Jagr said he would go to Edmonton and honour the deal they offered him if he was going to go back because he was flattered by their offer. But the problem is he has to clear re-entry waivers.

I had never heard of Roman Cervenka until I googled him. His HocketDB profile must be really outdated, says he is 5'7" and 127 lbs Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum