GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc.

+8
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
Ev
PKC
LeCaptain
shabbs
Riprock
PTFlea
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think it's important to consider that we had some of our best power-play success without Kuba. Furthermore, Karlsson really flourished in Kuba's absense.

I'll let you all do the math based on my comments.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

SeawaySensFan wrote:I think it's important to consider that we had some of our best power-play success without Kuba. Furthermore, Karlsson really flourished in Kuba's absense.

you do the math i just finished my degree i dont need any more math

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

shabbs wrote:Is anyone else pissed off about the details of Alfie's injury that have come to light? If it happened before the Olympics... why did he go? I understand he is a warrior and always wants to compete... but it sounds like the Olympics aggravated it and then that affected the Sens in the end.

Perhaps it's just my frustration coming through...

Bah.

Yes, very frustrated. Want to say that he thought it was nothing more than a minor injury that he thought would remedy itself in time.

That's twice that the Olympics have robbed us of a chance to move on in the layoffs. Once when Hasek went down and it cost us the Cup and now with Alfie and Kuba being injured which cost us a potential 1st round upset.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:I think it's important to consider that we had some of our best power-play success without Kuba. Furthermore, Karlsson really flourished in Kuba's absense.

No deal.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Kuba+ for Soupy? Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. - Page 3 235689 Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. - Page 3 805406

How long does he have left? 5 years? Perhaps. He's a hell of a player and the Hawks are a completely different team when he was gone. To the point where if he didn't come back I wonder if they would have advanced. He moves the puck from his zone to the neutral zone in a flash, and on PP entries into the opposing zone, he's a master of carrying it in and getting the play set. He would help big time - and point shots are the new 'thing' in the NHL, the only way to consistently beat the opposition IMO.

Perhaps... Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. - Page 3 663118

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:

No deal.

Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. - Page 3 270956

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

First things that need to get done are getting Petersson and Silfverberg to NA so they can learn the rigors of the NA game and the pro game. Those two are the two last remaining pieces that we need to evaluate on our home turf (or in Bingo anyway).

I don't care that Petersson is 5'9", 170, let me have a look and see if he can fight through the checking in the AHL. He's certainly got mad skillz.

Silfverberg is making the team after next season, so he might as well get acclimatized to the pro game here.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:
Kuba+ for Soupy? Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. - Page 3 235689 Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. - Page 3 805406

How long does he have left? 5 years? Perhaps. He's a hell of a player and the Hawks are a completely different team when he was gone. To the point where if he didn't come back I wonder if they would have advanced. He moves the puck from his zone to the neutral zone in a flash, and on PP entries into the opposing zone, he's a master of carrying it in and getting the play set. He would help big time - and point shots are the new 'thing' in the NHL, the only way to consistently beat the opposition IMO.

Perhaps... Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. - Page 3 663118

He's usually pretty durable too. Expensive as hell, though. A salary dump elsewhere in the lineup would have to be made seperately, I guess.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
He's usually pretty durable too. Expensive as hell, though. A salary dump elsewhere in the lineup would have to be made seperately, I guess.

So expensive...

This is how it could go down:

1.Kuba (3.7, 2 years remaining)
2.Cheechoo (they can deal with the buyout)
3.Leclaire (3.8, 1 year remaining, they'll waive Huet and use Leclaire/Niemi until Leclaire comes off the books).

There's your 7 million for this upcoming year + the Cheechoo situation dissolved. The season after you're paying Campbell the equivalent of 3.5 million as Kuba is replaced. Then Campbell only has 3 years left on his contract @ 7 million and it becomes more feasible.

Yes? No?

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

So expensive...

This is how it could go down:

1.Kuba (3.7, 2 years remaining)
2.Cheechoo (they can deal with the buyout)
3.Leclaire (3.8, 1 year remaining, they'll waive Huet and use Leclaire/Niemi until Leclaire comes off the books).

There's your 7 million for this upcoming year + the Cheechoo situation dissolved. The season after you're paying Campbell the equivalent of 3.5 million as Kuba is replaced. Then Campbell only has 3 years left on his contract @ 7 million and it becomes more feasible.

Yes? No?

Better to let him play his last year in Bingo than have even a dime of cap hit affect our NHL roster for the next couple of years.

Shannon absolutely HAS to be dealt or waived. A drop in the bucket, I know. But every penny will count if we're building a winner for next season. Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. - Page 3 235689 Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. - Page 3 805406

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Better to let him play his last year in Bingo than have even a dime of cap hit affect our NHL roster for the next couple of years.

Shannon absolutely HAS to be dealt or waived. A drop in the bucket, I know. But every penny will count if we're building a winner for next season. Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. - Page 3 235689 Murray speaks about the team, the playoffs etc. - Page 3 805406

I agree, I would never buy out Cheechoo, I'd want him around for injury replacements and for the post-season (ha ha). I don't want anymore useless $$ on the cap, I hope they feel the same way.

Shannon's a great, cheap 13th forward, but if he's challenged for the spot, then you waive or deal him.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I agree, I would never buy out Cheechoo, I'd want him around for injury replacements and for the post-season (ha ha). I don't want anymore useless $$ on the cap, I hope they feel the same way.

Shannon's a great, cheap 13th forward, but if he's challenged for the spot, then you waive or deal him.

I can't agree with you there. Shannon is not a great anything. A better 13th forward would be a Bingo callup on a two-way deal.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's a bit of a head scratcher that both Lee and Shannon got 1 way deals isn't it?

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I can't agree with you there. Shannon is not a great anything. A better 13th forward would be a Bingo callup on a two-way deal.

I can't really defend Shannon anymore. I believe Butler has taken Shannon's spot without even playing more than 2 games of NHL hockey. I also like Z.Smith, even Hoffman, Cowick. They can all do it. It's a tough call, can he be traded? Probably.

SeawaySensFan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

Shannon will be waived coming out of camp. No way does he make it.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's a bit of a head scratcher that both Lee and Shannon got 1 way deals isn't it?

Lee was signed to be an asset to us and be traded, of that I'm convinced. He just doesn't fit here IMO.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:It's a bit of a head scratcher that both Lee and Shannon got 1 way deals isn't it?

I was too pissed about both to even try and understand it. I think in Shannon's case it was just to give him the security of an NHL deal for being a useful player at times (?)

Devo

Sophomore
Sophomore

They are very cheap though, and I can't see Ottawa worrying much if they have to send them to Bingo. If someone grabs them then so be it...no big loss. Insurance more than anything at this point in case you can't sign some of the UFA's RFA's in time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum