GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alfie speaks on Heatley

+9
Hoags
rooneypoo
TheAvatar
Cap'n Clutch
jamvan
shabbs
strachattack
SensFan71
PTFlea
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:47 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Thanks to Strachattack for finding the link

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey/ottawa-senators/Alfredsson+Heatley+talk/1789383/story.html

2Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:56 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

echoes the sentiment of everyone being caught off guard, well Alfie, to get in touch with Heatley, call Spezz this weekend, say congratulations on getting married, then say let me talk with Dany, make the guys force Dany to talk with Alfie.

3Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:01 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

I find it odd that he hasn't been able to get a hold of him after trying a few times. I guess Heatley is screening his calls.

I remember hearing a rumour that Alfie called Heatley immediately after hearing the news and giving him a piece of his mind. I guess that rumour was bogus.

4Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:05 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Once again, doesn't look good on Heatley to be honest. You captain and one of the most respected players in the NHL is trying to get a hold of you. The least you can do it call him back.

5Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:18 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

It's like Heatley just booked it out of town and has disappeared off the face of the earth. No one can reach him save for his agents of course.

Unbelievable.

Very disappointing indeed.

6Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:24 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Today may very well be D-Day for Dany!!!

7Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:25 am

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

strachattack wrote:I find it odd that he hasn't been able to get a hold of him after trying a few times. I guess Heatley is screening his calls.

I remember hearing a rumour that Alfie called Heatley immediately after hearing the news and giving him a piece of his mind. I guess that rumour was bogus.
No, it was actually ALfie saying he was going to call him, but I guess he didn't answer.

8Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:31 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

jamvan wrote:
strachattack wrote:I find it odd that he hasn't been able to get a hold of him after trying a few times. I guess Heatley is screening his calls.

No, it was actually ALfie saying he was going to call him, but I guess he didn't answer.

Aaahh... Ok. I stand corrected. Thanks!

9Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:32 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:Today may very well be D-Day for Dany!!!
Why is that? Does the Oilers offer have an expiry date that's been publicized?

10Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What makes you say that?

11Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:35 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Are you suggesting today there's either a trade or he's here to start the season?

- Unknown Author

12Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:35 am

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

Hmmm ... Alfie is looking forward to fooling around with Kovalev?

13Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:38 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

TheAvatar wrote:Hmmm ... Alfie is looking forward to fooling around with Kovalev?

Yeah, that was badly phrased on Alfie's part for sure. The pick t-shirt and Euro shades are helping things, either. Smile

14Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:39 am

Hoags

Hoags
All-Star
All-Star

Heatley doesn't seem to want to resolve this, pretty appalling he won't return his captain's phone calls.

I found this interesting:

Alfredsson said if it turns out there is no deal, Heatley could return
to the Senators. He said other players have gotten over differences
with the coach.

It seems Clouston ruffled quite a few feathers in the dressing room. It seems everyone has gotten over it, but Heatley still has an axe to grind.

It seems that the players had some indications that he wasn't happy but had no idea he'd demand a trade.

15Alfie speaks on Heatley Empty Re: Alfie speaks on Heatley Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:42 am

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:

What makes you say that?

Perhaps because of the SUN article today;

"But an NHL source indicated yesterday the Oilers’ patience is wearing thin to have Heatley agree to a deal and they could give up and move on perhaps as early as today."

This is only a guess on my part though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum