GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vinny and Jumbo Joe will have to play better -- McGuire

+7
TheAvatar
spader
SeawaySensFan
Acrobat
Sens19
SensGirl11
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

hemlock wrote:In fairness to Spezza, with getting married and the late invite, has he really had time to get into top shape for this camp? I'm sure there are others who've had a less busy offseason.

Spezza is an incredible longshot to make this team, but I'm not ready to panic yet for the upcoming Sens season.

Thats a pretty lame excuse. He's a professional getting 7 million a year, I dont care if he went to space, he should be just as ready as a Crosby, Pronger, Brodure.

EDIT: In fact, having been "snubbed" originally he should have been the most prepared person there ready to show what he's got. Spezza doesnt deserve any excuse, any more. Short of a tragedy in his life there is absolutly nothing that can be said for Spezza at this point.

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

cas wrote:
asq2 wrote:IMO Spezza really only needs to fix one thing to take his game to the next level, and it's that when he doesn't have the puck, he plays the game like a spectator. He watches plays develop from the outside rather than getting into the trenches.

I don't believe he doesn't have the mental ability or the physical ability to be a dominant, two-way player. What he lacks is Alfredsson's tenacity, determination and gusto.

Unfortunately I'm not sure thats something that can be learned. Shrug

Can it be beaten into someone? Crying

🇬🇬

N4L wrote:
Thats a pretty lame excuse. He's a professional getting 7 million a year, I dont care if he went to space,...

Laughing3 lmao good to have you back :^^^^:

Haha, thanks, but it's fu cking true!

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

asq2 wrote:
cas wrote:
asq2 wrote:IMO Spezza really only needs to fix one thing to take his game to the next level, and it's that when he doesn't have the puck, he plays the game like a spectator. He watches plays develop from the outside rather than getting into the trenches.

I don't believe he doesn't have the mental ability or the physical ability to be a dominant, two-way player. What he lacks is Alfredsson's tenacity, determination and gusto.

🇬🇬

Clouston will get it done, you just wait and see Ahhhhh!

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Sens19 wrote:
asq2 wrote:
cas wrote:

🇬🇬

Clouston will get it done, you just wait and see Ahhhhh!

Maybe it can...and maybe he will FingersCrossed

In the meantime, lets all enjoy a little intermission:

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Spezza seems nervous and starstruck at this stupid Olympic tryout. He has little chance, but this is the year where he can flourish. He played very well under Clouston and at least exhibits the will the learn.

I couldn't give two diddles about Team Canada, I want to see Spezza start to command games for the Sens. We'll worry about the Olympics in 4 years.

N4L wrote:
hemlock wrote:In fairness to Spezza, with getting married and the late invite, has he really had time to get into top shape for this camp? I'm sure there are others who've had a less busy offseason.

Spezza is an incredible longshot to make this team, but I'm not ready to panic yet for the upcoming Sens season.

Thats a pretty lame excuse. He's a professional getting 7 million a year, I dont care if he went to space, he should be just as ready as a Crosby, Pronger, Brodure.

EDIT: In fact, having been "snubbed" originally he should have been the most prepared person there ready to show what he's got. Spezza doesnt deserve any excuse, any more. Short of a tragedy in his life there is absolutly nothing that can be said for Spezza at this point.

I agree that he's out of excuses, and it's time to man up, but saying getting married isn't an valid excuse? Spoken like an unmarried man. Laughing3 I can tell you that there is zero chance in hell that he was following much of a regimen while on a honeymoon, much less working on ice. None, zero, zip.

This conversation is moot anyway as is any conversation about Spezza and the Olympics. He's got practically no shot to make this club behind all of the centres Canada has at it's disposal.

I thought you were getting behind Spezza, for at least this year? Sounds like you already fallen off the bandwagon.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:Spezza seems nervous and starstruck at this stupid Olympic tryout. He has little chance, but this is the year where he can flourish. He played very well under Clouston and at least exhibits the will the learn.

I couldn't give two diddles about Team Canada, I want to see Spezza start to command games for the Sens. We'll worry about the Olympics in 4 years.

Blasphemy!

I agree, though. Ahhhhh! Ahhhhh!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:

I agree that he's out of excuses, and it's time to man up, but saying getting married isn't an valid excuse? Spoken like an unmarried man. Laughing3 I can tell you that there is zero chance in hell that he was following much of a regimen while on a honeymoon, much less working on ice. None, zero, zip.

This conversation is moot anyway as is any conversation about Spezza and the Olympics. He's got practically no shot to make this club behind all of the centres Canada has at it's disposal.

I thought you were getting behind Spezza, for at least this year? Sounds like you already fallen off the bandwagon.

The new, reproved yet still reproving, N4L.

hemlock wrote:
N4L wrote:

I havnt jumped on or off anything, Im just calling a spade a spade.

As for getting married, every player in the NHL has a 2 to 3 week period where they take some time off so Spezza is no different. Fact of the matter is he was as ready as he could be for that camp and still looked like a boy playing with men.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum