GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pat Burns says Vinny WILL be traded this year

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://www.corussports.com/hockey/nouvelles/lecavalier-sera-echange-cette-saison-p.-burns-1869701.html

Take this for what it's worth:

Pat Burns is certain Vincent Lecavalier will no longer be in the uniform of the Tampa Bay Lightning. "I think that Vincent Lecavalier will be traded before the end of the season. I am convinced. I do not know where, but there are many teams that are interested, not just the Canadian. The Rangers will be so interested ...many others as well. "

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pat Burns says Vinny WILL be traded this year 235689 Pat Burns says Vinny WILL be traded this year 805406

As much as despise the arrogance of Habs fans I sincerely hope that Vinny ends up in Montreal. He truly belongs there and that franchise needs an instant injection of world-class French-Canadian star power.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Could Ottawa purchase their next Captain in a trade for Vinny? Surely, Ottawa could put together a pretty competitive package for the guy. Better than Montreal potentially. Would it be worth it though?

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think the Sens would have to give up too much to obtain him personally.

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

strachattack wrote:Could Ottawa purchase their next Captain in a trade for Vinny? Surely, Ottawa could put together a pretty competitive package for the guy. Better than Montreal potentially. Would it be worth it though?

Spezza, O'Brien, Campoli and a 1st for Lecavalier and a 2nd. Pat Burns says Vinny WILL be traded this year 235689 Pat Burns says Vinny WILL be traded this year 805406

strachattack wrote:Could Ottawa purchase their next Captain in a trade for Vinny? Surely, Ottawa could put together a pretty competitive package for the guy. Better than Montreal potentially. Would it be worth it though?

I've seen this brought up a few times now. Are you guys all forgetting that he had major surgery and hasn't been the same since? SD you were one of the major voices (N4L too I believe) in saying that he might not ever be the same again. Now you all want to trade for him? What gives?

SpezDispenser wrote:http://www.corussports.com/hockey/nouvelles/lecavalier-sera-echange-cette-saison-p.-burns-1869701.html

Take this for what it's worth:

Pat Burns is certain Vincent Lecavalier will no longer be in the uniform of the Tampa Bay Lightning. "I think that Vincent Lecavalier will be traded before the end of the season. I am convinced. I do not know where, but there are many teams that are interested, not just the Canadian. The Rangers will be so interested ...many others as well. "

I think the Rangers are a definite landing spot for him. If they can get rid of Drury in the same trade and somehow put together a package of picks and prospects to get him, that would be pretty interesting

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:

I've seen this brought up a few times now. Are you guys all forgetting that he had major surgery and hasn't been the same since? SD you were one of the major voices (N4L too I believe) in saying that he might not ever be the same again. Now you all want to trade for him? What gives?

To be fair the only one who has even made a trade offer for Vinnie in this thread is SSF and you can bet your mortgage he's joking around or is he? Dammit!

Also the only other comment was would people make a trade for him and do you think it's worth it. No one in here has said they'd bring in Vinnie except in another thread that was discussing flipping Spezza for him which isn't saying lets mortgage the future for this guy.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We're not talking Jason Spezza here, I doubt Tampa Bay would trade him for another under-achieving, high-priced C.

I think we're talking our next 2 1st Round Picks, Cowen and something else of value. Probably not Michalek because they would know that he's one of the guys we WON'T deal. Don't underestimate how much he's still worth.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Come to think of it, they would probably want more of a cheaper, 2nd line Center with the emergence of Stamkos along with some other pieces. I don't think Ottawa is a fit but Plekanec from Montreal would certainly get talks going.

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Gohan wrote:

I think I missed that thread. I didn't realize he had a surgery and was possibly on a downward slope career wise. I was just thinking that if Spezza isn't considered our future Captain and someone you want to build a team around perhaps Vinny could be a stop-gap between Alfie and one of our home grown prospects. Of course, Fisher is the likely candidate if he can continue playing the way he has. I was just curious what you guys thought.

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Gohan wrote:

To be fair the only one who has even made a trade offer for Vinnie in this thread is SSF and you can bet your mortgage he's joking around or is he? Pat Burns says Vinny WILL be traded this year 555492

Also the only other comment was would people make a trade for him and do you think it's worth it. No one in here has said they'd bring in Vinnie except in another thread that was discussing flipping Spezza for him which isn't saying lets mortgage the future for this guy.

The point is why would we want Lecavalier when he may very well be a diminished player for the rest of that insane contract?

SpezDispenser wrote:We're not talking Jason Spezza here, I doubt Tampa Bay would trade him for another under-achieving, high-priced C.

I think we're talking our next 2 1st Round Picks, Cowen and something else of value. Probably not Michalek because they would know that he's one of the guys we WON'T deal. Don't underestimate how much he's still worth.

So what do you propose we do with Spezza? Is the plan to have 20+ tied up in our top-3 centers, two of which are playing like they should be paid 3M less than they are?

strachattack wrote:
Gohan wrote:

I think I missed that thread. I didn't realize he had a surgery and was possibly on a downward slope career wise. I was just thinking that if Spezza isn't considered our future Captain and someone you want to build a team around perhaps Vinny could be a stop-gap between Alfie and one of our home grown prospects. Of course, Fisher is the likely candidate if he can continue playing the way he has. I was just curious what you guys thought.

I'm not a fan, but you can't argue with the skill he's displayed... I leave the trade proposals to the GMs though...and not the ones here Pat Burns says Vinny WILL be traded this year Icon_wink

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gohan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:We're not talking Jason Spezza here, I doubt Tampa Bay would trade him for another under-achieving, high-priced C.

So what do you propose we do with Spezza? Is the plan to have 20+ tied up in our top-3 centers, two of which are playing like they should be paid 3M less than they are?

Well said. No way we're even consdering it with Spezza here. I personally don't like the idea even if we had moved Spezza for picks and high end cheap prospects.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum