GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vinny and Jumbo Joe will have to play better -- McGuire

+7
TheAvatar
spader
SeawaySensFan
Acrobat
Sens19
SensGirl11
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pierre was asked on TGOR (I think it was "Jungle") which of the players in the Olympic Orientation Camp may have lowered their chances of being on the team with their performance at the Camp. His answer" Lecavalier and Thornton.

Wow.

Essentially, he says neither of those guys will challenge Getzlaf, and you can't unseat Crosby as the top center. And given how well Toews was playing, Vinny and Joe will have to really improve or they will find themselves on the outside looking in come February.

I find it a bit odd that he's giving the job to Getzlaf sight unseen. Sure, there's past history, but coming off surgery, who knows what will happen? At least he didn't say anything about Spezza.

wprager wrote:Pierre was asked on TGOR (I think it was "Jungle") which of the players in the Olympic Orientation Camp may have lowered their chances of being on the team with their performance at the Camp. His answer" Lecavalier and Thornton.

Wow.

Essentially, he says neither of those guys will challenge Getzlaf, and you can't unseat Crosby as the top center. And given how well Toews was playing, Vinny and Joe will have to really improve or they will find themselves on the outside looking in come February.

I find it a bit odd that he's giving the job to Getzlaf sight unseen. Sure, there's past history, but coming off surgery, who knows what will happen? At least he didn't say anything about Spezza.

I don't think he needed to. Spezza is almost as much of a long shot for that team as Stephan Robidas.

So if we assume McGuires right about the centres and take my prediction for the rest of the team from the scrimmage thread; how does this look:

Iginla-Crosby-Nash
Carter-Getzlaf-Heatley
St.Louis-Toews-Staal
Morrow-Richards-Doan

Looks pretty damn solid, no?

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Barf. That's a sick lineup.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't care. I want someone from the Sens to cheer for on Team Canada. I want Spezza there. If not, I'm serious when I say I want to get a Team Russia jersey.

cas wrote:
wprager wrote:Pierre was asked on TGOR (I think it was "Jungle") which of the players in the Olympic Orientation Camp may have lowered their chances of being on the team with their performance at the Camp. His answer" Lecavalier and Thornton.

Wow.

I don't think he needed to. Spezza is almost as much of a long shot for that team as Stephan Robidas.

So if we assume McGuires right about the centres and take my prediction for the rest of the team from the scrimmage thread; how does this look:

Iginla-Crosby-Nash
Carter-Getzlaf-Heatley
St.Louis-Toews-Staal
Morrow-Richards-Doan

Looks pretty damn solid, no?

That 4th line is something unholy. That's the line that will give Malkin, Ovechkin, and company fits.

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I don't care. I want someone from the Sens to cheer for on Team Canada. I want Spezza there. If not, I'm serious when I say I want to get a Team Russia jersey.

Same here but I also want the best possible roster for Team Canada. And of Spezza is going to hurt the team than I'd rather he not be there. I didn't watch the Red/White tournament but the people here didn't seem pleased. If he gets his act together come the season, then I'm sure he'll be on the team and I'll be going Ahhhhh! for him. But as for now, our depth on center looks great and Spezza has a lot of good competition. Might be good for that lack of determination he has

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

Given the previous history, I wonder if the Heatley/Getzlaf/Nash line will be tried again (assuming Heatley hasn't worked his way off the team already). It seemed to help Heatley pot a few last time they were together.

No shot in hell Spezza makes this team, none. Unless there are injuries apon injuries up the middle he will have a nice long break come olympic time which actually might be a good thing for The Sens themselves.

Spezza looked outclassed at the camp and basically proved he doesnt belong to be held in talks regarding the best in the game, he isnt even close. Hopefully he can turn into more of a leader that can make his team better, but as for a world class, elite player, he isnt nore do I think he ever will be.

The only Senator that has a chance to play is Heatley, thats the reality of it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

N4L wrote:No shot in hell Spezza makes this team, none. Unless there are injuries apon injuries up the middle he will have a nice long break come olympic time which actually might be a good thing for The Sens themselves.

Spezza looked outclassed at the camp and basically proved he doesnt belong to be held in talks regarding the best in the game, he isnt even close. Hopefully he can turn into more of a leader that can make his team better, but as for a world class, elite player, he isnt nore do I think he ever will be.

The only Senator that has a chance to play is Heatley, thats the reality of it.

Having said that, I'd still take Spezza over "Jumbo Joe".

I would at this point too, but Thornton right now is a better player.

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Canada is WAY too deep. Unless Spezza does what we all hope he does and impresses the heck out of everyone to start the season, his chances are ridiculously slim.

spader wrote:Canada is WAY too deep. Unless Spezza does what we all hope he does and impresses the heck out of everyone to start the season, his chances are ridiculously slim.

The Sens will literally have to be on top of the division and maybe the conferance for Spezza to even be considered. There is a 0% chance he beats out Crosby and Getzlaf, 0% chance he is Canada's checking line center, the only possible spot Spezza gets on that team is the 3rd line center. Then he has to beat out Toews, Thornton, and Lecailvier.

Basically, Spezza isnt even in the discussion.

TheAvatar

TheAvatar
Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:Canada is WAY too deep. Unless Spezza does what we all hope he does and impresses the heck out of everyone to start the season, his chances are ridiculously slim.

Actually, I'm not sure that's a bad thing. Should help him focus!

spader

spader
All-Star
All-Star

Here's hoping. I would absolutely love it if he found his way onto the team since it would mean top notch play to start the season.

FingersCrossed

spader wrote:Here's hoping. I would absolutely love it if he found his way onto the team since it would mean top notch play to start the season.

FingersCrossed

Top Notch? He would literally have to be a top 3 player in the league for it to happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum