GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vinny and Jumbo Joe will have to play better -- McGuire

+7
TheAvatar
spader
SeawaySensFan
Acrobat
Sens19
SensGirl11
wprager
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Whatever, if Canad wants to win a GOld medal they better put a guy like Macdonald in there instead of Thornton or Spezza.

I love McDonald, but you have guys like Toews and Richards who can do the job. McDonald the most under rated player in the game today. That is Bryan Murray's best find in the NHL.

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

[quote=\"N4L\"]I love McDonald, but you have guys like Toews and Richards who can do the job. McDonald the most under rated player in the game today. That is Bryan Murray\'s best find in the NHL.[/quote]

Well, I was thinking of something like Crosby, Getzlaf, Macdonald and RIchards as centers, with LEcavalier and Toews as wingers.
EDIT: Mcdo Is pretty awesome at Faceoffs.

Last edited by marakh on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

cas wrote:That game was EXACTLY like one of our games: Spezza was on the ice for EVERY F*CKING GOAL AGAINST!!! Unbelievable. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

The way I see it, Spezza was only their ahead of Savard because he's younger and they hope he'll be a legit contender for the 2014 team. Savard is ahead of him for 2010, regardless of Spezza getting the nod for camp.

See, thats the thing, it is becoming more and more obvious that Spezza, mentally, is not even close to being a go to guy, it's far too easy to get him rattled and get him off his game.

I have said this a MILLION times, when things are going his way there might not be a player in the league that produces and plays like he does, when he is off his game (which teams have figured out how to do) he is such a liability it might not even be worth having him on the ice.

Mike Fisher needs to have a huge year this year for Spezza to bounce back along with The Sens, other wise it's going to be years of 7-11th place finishes.

Spezza might have matured, but he hasnt matured enough, he might have become a more complete player, but not complete enough and so on. He has a couple years to go (still) before he even understands how to be a leader if it is even possible at all.

marakh wrote:[quote=\"N4L\"]I love McDonald, but you have guys like Toews and Richards who can do the job. McDonald the most under rated player in the game today. That is Bryan Murray\'s best find in the NHL.

Well, I was thinking of something like Crosby, Getzlaf, Macdonald and RIchards as centers, with LEcavalier and Toews as wingers.
EDIT: Mcdo Is pretty awesome at Faceoffs.[/quote]

You can mix it up what ever way you want really, I still think Vinny is one of the best in the game though and should be on that team.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

IMO Spezza really only needs to fix one thing to take his game to the next level, and it's that when he doesn't have the puck, he plays the game like a spectator. He watches plays develop from the outside rather than getting into the trenches.

I don't believe he doesn't have the mental ability or the physical ability to be a dominant, two-way player. What he lacks is Alfredsson's tenacity, determination and gusto.

asq2 wrote:IMO Spezza really only needs to fix one thing to take his game to the next level, and it's that when he doesn't have the puck, he plays the game like a spectator. He watches plays develop from the outside rather than getting into the trenches.

I don't believe he doesn't have the mental ability or the physical ability to be a dominant, two-way player. What he lacks is Alfredsson's tenacity, determination and gusto.

I would say that his mental game isnt even close to those top tier players in the league. He loses focus way too quickly and its pretty obvious, when things dont go his way, he doesnt know what to do either. He might be a smart hockey player but he is extremely weak mentally.

asq2 wrote:IMO Spezza really only needs to fix one thing to take his game to the next level, and it's that when he doesn't have the puck, he plays the game like a spectator. He watches plays develop from the outside rather than getting into the trenches.

Unfortunately I'm not sure thats something that can be learned. Shrug

N4L wrote:

I would say that his mental game isnt even close to those top tier players in the league. He loses focus way too quickly and its pretty obvious, when things dont go his way, he doesnt know what to do either. He might be a smart hockey player but he is extremely weak mentally.
Interesting take - Makes sense...

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

A good coach might improve that.

marakh wrote:A good coach might improve that.

Ya, we'll see... I think there have been about 7 to 8 coaches from jr and up who havnt been able to get him to improve that part of the game, so we'll see... we'll see

After that scrimage and with what's going on in Ottawa, I think Spezza may be in for a long, long year again, especially if Heatley gets dealt before camp. This season will make or break him because the coach 100% isnt going anywhere and Spezza is the (gulp) go to guy.

In fairness to Spezza, with getting married and the late invite, has he really had time to get into top shape for this camp? I'm sure there are others who've had a less busy offseason.

Spezza is an incredible longshot to make this team, but I'm not ready to panic yet for the upcoming Sens season.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

N4L wrote:
marakh wrote:A good coach might improve that.

Ya, we'll see... I think there have been about 7 to 8 coaches from jr and up who havnt been able to get him to improve that part of the game, so we'll see... we'll see

I don't know about in the Juniors, but in the last 3 years I haven't seen many players on this team who have really really improved, and I blame that in part on the number of coaches/different systems that have been in place here. I think the biggest problem with Spezza is he got the cash before the achievement.

I hope Clouston puts Kovalev on Spezza's line, I'm tired of him looking for the douchebag every second.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

What a farce it would be if by training camp Heatley isn't gone, so they turn around and move Spezza (betcha the return would be a hell of a lot more). Yeah he's got the NTC in force now, but if he's looking at the turmoil Heater has caused, he may waive it.........

Before the Heatley hoopla, I was a proponent of the move Spezza..er movement

hemlock wrote:In fairness to Spezza, with getting married and the late invite, has he really had time to get into top shape for this camp? I'm sure there are others who've had a less busy offseason.

Spezza is an incredible longshot to make this team, but I'm not ready to panic yet for the upcoming Sens season.

Thats a pretty lame excuse. He's a professional getting 7 million a year, I dont care if he went to space, he should be just as ready as a Crosby, Pronger, Brodure.

EDIT: In fact, having been "snubbed" originally he should have been the most prepared person there ready to show what he's got. Spezza doesnt deserve any excuse, any more. Short of a tragedy in his life there is absolutly nothing that can be said for Spezza at this point.

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

cas wrote:

Unfortunately I'm not sure thats something that can be learned. Shrug

Can it be beaten into someone? Crying

🇬🇬

N4L wrote:
Thats a pretty lame excuse. He's a professional getting 7 million a year, I dont care if he went to space,...

Laughing3 lmao good to have you back :^^^^:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum