GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

First reports from Olympic Camp

+6
jamvan
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
SensFan71
PTFlea
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1First reports from Olympic Camp Empty First reports from Olympic Camp Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/08/24/sp-ward-practice.html?ref=rss

Spezza is playing on a line with Marleau. Now, isn't that interesting, hmm?

2First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That would be a great tandem. I don't love Cleary as a player though, but it's intriguing.

3First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:38 pm

Not interesting. No. Nothing to see here. No foreshadowing. Go away. BOO!! HISS!!!

4First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:43 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:Not interesting. No. Nothing to see here. No foreshadowing. Go away. BOO!! HISS!!!

LOL

5First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:52 pm

In all seriousness, how much of a shot is Marleau to make that club? I would feel more encouraged for Spezza if he were playing with guys who were locks, or at least stood a better chance to make that team. I hope this selection camp is a real opportunity for guys like Spezza to impress. I'd hate to think that the team is already unofficially selected.

6First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:38 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

hemlock wrote:In all seriousness, how much of a shot is Marleau to make that club? I would feel more encouraged for Spezza if he were playing with guys who were locks, or at least stood a better chance to make that team. I hope this selection camp is a real opportunity for guys like Spezza to impress. I'd hate to think that the team is already unofficially selected.

you are most likely right on that note Hem, this camp is just a chance to see what they already know, and maybe, just maybe one player or two players will come out with an unbelievable effort to make the selections that much harder, but it will still go the way that Babcock/Yzerman is already thinking. Iginla, Nash and Crosby is one hell of a top scoring line, would hate to have to defend that much skill if I was a d-man.

7First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:02 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

hemlock wrote:In all seriousness, how much of a shot is Marleau to make that club? I would feel more encouraged for Spezza if he were playing with guys who were locks, or at least stood a better chance to make that team. I hope this selection camp is a real opportunity for guys like Spezza to impress. I'd hate to think that the team is already unofficially selected.

It's an opportunity to change some minds that have been made up. Doesn't happen often, but a chance is still a chance. Hey, maybe Jason can do a little Bobby Clarke action on Vinny on September 21, or Crosby on October 12. Would that prove his level of commitment, or prove that he should be committed?

8First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:29 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Here's the twitter link for Jeff Marek who'll be doing live updates from camp:
http://twitter.com/jeffmarek

He's also going to hold a chat at 2PM ET at CBCSports.ca.

9First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:01 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I wouldn't think so given that Shea Weber (who has to be considered a near-lock for the team IMO) is playing with Francois Beauchemin, who probably shouldn't be beating out Pronger, Niedermayer, Green, Boyle, Bouwmeester, Burns, Keith, Regehr, Seabrook and debatably even Phaneuf and Staal for a spot. Or even Doughty for that matter.

10First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:04 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:I wouldn't think so given that Shea Weber (who has to be considered a near-lock for the team IMO) is playing with Francois Beauchemin, who probably shouldn't be beating out Pronger, Niedermayer, Green, Boyle, Bouwmeester, Burns, Keith, Regehr, Seabrook and debatably even Phaneuf and Staal for a spot. Or even Doughty for that matter.

Holy Dung. What a D. And Phaneuf is due for a big league bounce back season...and Doughty can already challenge most of those guys for a spot.

Crazy...

Why is Beachemin even there? In case there's a plague epidemic?

11First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:12 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:I wouldn't think so given that Shea Weber (who has to be considered a near-lock for the team IMO) is playing with Francois Beauchemin, who probably shouldn't be beating out Pronger, Niedermayer, Green, Boyle, Bouwmeester, Burns, Keith, Regehr, Seabrook and debatably even Phaneuf and Staal for a spot. Or even Doughty for that matter.

Holy Dung. What a D. And Phaneuf is due for a big league bounce back season...and Doughty can already challenge most of those guys for a spot.

Crazy...

Why is Beachemin even there? In case there's a plague epidemic?

Nothing against him, Robidas (who I like a lot, actually) or Hamhuis, but they're just there to fill out the roster.

You're right about Doughty, though, he's incredible already.

You've gotta like Canada's defence for the more distant future - that's probably the one area where they're significantly better than the Russians, who keep producing wonderful offensive players a la Kabanov but only producing Kulikovs on defence (nothing against him).

Unfortunately, Sweden's going to be strutting out with line-ups featuring Hedman, Adam Larsson, OEL, Karlsson, Edler etc. while the Americans will have guys like Erik Johnson, Zach Bogosian, Cam Fowler at their disposal.

12First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My man-crush is moving from Sharp to Bogosian by the second. Love that kid. Gonna be a Norris candidate in the near future.

And yes, the fact that he's a huge Sens fan slants my man-crush towards him a little more.

13First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:54 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:My man-crush is moving from Sharp to Bogosian by the second. Love that kid. Gonna be a Norris candidate in the near future.

And yes, the fact that he's a huge Sens fan slants my man-crush towards him a little more.

does SG know about your man crushes? how does that make her feel? Facepalm :^^^^:

Edit: Not that there is anything wrong with that.

14First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:19 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:My man-crush is moving from Sharp to Bogosian by the second. Love that kid. Gonna be a Norris candidate in the near future.

He could score 20 goals next season.

15First reports from Olympic Camp Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
does SG know about your man crushes? how does that make her feel? Facepalm :^^^^:

Edit: Not that there is anything wrong with that.

:^^^^: She does. And when I say I have a man-crush, she'll listen to why and learn (if I have anything left to teach her) which makes it really cool. We can discuss any player at any time and she knows what she's talking about.

Present any trade to her for Heatley and she'll mull it over and give you reasons yay or nay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum