GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

First reports from Olympic Camp

+6
jamvan
Hockeyhero22000
asq2
SensFan71
PTFlea
wprager
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:33 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
yeah no kidding, I would rather Murray just close the market out for Heatley, let him play the year, then reopen it say trade deadline time or the next off season, we will need to dump him to free up some money for Foligno and A-Train to start, then some more FA's, I believe Shannon will be UFA this off season, so could be extended if he pans out.

I thought he had closed the doors on a Heatley trade.

I guess that was until he heard the PC and went Facepalm

32First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:33 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Would you guys do: Boyes, Steen and Pietrangelo for Heatley and Smith

Never gonna happen Jammy (but yes).

33First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:36 pm

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
jamvan wrote:Would you guys do: Boyes, Steen and Pietrangelo for Heatley and Smith

Why not? There's one team that has jumped into this and it's not one that has been mentioned before.

34First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:38 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
yeah no kidding, I would rather Murray just close the market out for Heatley, let him play the year, then reopen it say trade deadline time or the next off season, we will need to dump him to free up some money for Foligno and A-Train to start, then some more FA's, I believe Shannon will be UFA this off season, so could be extended if he pans out.

I thought he had closed the doors on a Heatley trade.

I guess that was until he heard the PC and went Facepalm

well I think he said that initially, and I don't think he will put any more leg work into a trade, if some comes to him with a suitable package, he will listen, but he won't be calling every GM looking for offers, he might as well just have Dany here for the year and hope he is motivated as hell to get out of here and plays that way.

35First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:38 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:
wprager wrote:So, what's your take on that? Did he "not defend him" or did he "not condemn him"?

By not defending him, he condemned him. That was my immediate reaction.

Good, then. I heard something on the radio or somewhere that gave him a bit of a hard time about it.

Speaking of giving a hard time, have you heard the hoopla over in Habs land where Carbo took on a reality show role alongside Michel Bergeron? They are all over him now, saying he nver took coaching seriously, he loved being on camera, dressed up fancy, put himself ahead of the team.

Wow, revisionist history or what? The same asswipes that call in and leave those kinds of comments probably never saw him play for Nos Glorieux, leading on the ice and in the dressing room. Putting himself ahead of the team? Blasphemy!

36First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Checking out the live chat. They have a poll for who should be Team Canada's captain and misspelled Jarome's name. Moreons. Smile

37First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:41 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

jamvan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Why not? There's one team that has jumped into this and it's not one that has been mentioned before.

Actually, STL was mentioned pretty regularly in the beginning. Strickland (and Eklund, I believe) mentioned them as a possibility, and reviewed the options pretty extensively.

Right now, any deal that gives me Boyes+ satisfies me. If STL would offer up Boyes + any one of Perron/Oshie/Berglund/Pietrangelo, I'd take it and run at this point. I'd listen to offers with other prospects, too.

Boyes provides pretty much what Heatley does, minus 10 or so goals and $3 mil or so in salary. He's the perfect fit for us in terms of a centre piece for the desired return.

38First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:48 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:Why not? There's one team that has jumped into this and it's not one that has been mentioned before.

From what I understand, Davidson is really, really proud of the way the team is built. Character from the bottom up, no high priced stars - with the exception of Kariya. They're maturing together, they're winning together, they're starting to get the total jive of what Murray's saying...

It's too much to risk to disrupt that chemistry for a guy like Heatley IMO. Not to mention that Boyes has worked out exactly the way they envisioned. Steen is nothing special, and Pieterangelo (sp) might get caught in a numbers game, so I admit, the trade is feasible, the scenario is hard to imagine though.

39First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Good, then. I heard something on the radio or somewhere that gave him a bit of a hard time about it.

Speaking of giving a hard time, have you heard the hoopla over in Habs land where Carbo took on a reality show role alongside Michel Bergeron? They are all over him now, saying he nver took coaching seriously, he loved being on camera, dressed up fancy, put himself ahead of the team.

Wow, revisionist history or what? The same asswipes that call in and leave those kinds of comments probably never saw him play for Nos Glorieux, leading on the ice and in the dressing room. Putting himself ahead of the team? Blasphemy!

1st: Anyone who could give Spezza a hard time at this juncture isn't seeing the same things I'm seeing, that's for sure.

2nd: That's absolutely sad. It figures that (some) Habs fans are like that.

40First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:50 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
jamvan wrote:Why not? There's one team that has jumped into this and it's not one that has been mentioned before.

From what I understand, Davidson is really, really proud of the way the team is built. Character from the bottom up, no high priced stars - with the exception of Kariya. They're maturing together, they're winning together, they're starting to get the total jive of what Murray's saying...

It's too much to risk to disrupt that chemistry for a guy like Heatley IMO. Not to mention that Boyes has worked out exactly the way they envisioned. Steen is nothing special, and Pieterangelo (sp) might get caught in a numbers game, so I admit, the trade is feasible, the scenario is hard to imagine though.

I heard differently about Boyes and they might move him.

41First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:56 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
jamvan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Actually, STL was mentioned pretty regularly in the beginning. Strickland (and Eklund, I believe) mentioned them as a possibility, and reviewed the options pretty extensively.

Right now, any deal that gives me Boyes+ satisfies me. If STL would offer up Boyes + any one of Perron/Oshie/Berglund/Pietrangelo, I'd take it and run at this point. I'd listen to offers with other prospects, too.

Boyes provides pretty much what Heatley does, minus 10 or so goals and $3 mil or so in salary. He's the perfect fit for us in terms of a centre piece for the desired return.

That's exactly what I thought.

42First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 4:57 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

rooneypoo wrote:
jamvan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

The guy you want is Lars Eller. Boyes, Eller and a 1st.

43First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:51 pm

Boyes, Eller and a 1st? Done.

44First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:07 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

Backes, Peitrangelo and either berglund or a 1st....size and skill is what I like about this deal

45First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:16 pm

Phoenix30 wrote:Backes, Peitrangelo and either berglund or a 1st....size and skill is what I like about this deal

I don;t think you are getting Pietrangelo and Berglund, much less with Backes.

46First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:47 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

hemlock wrote:
Phoenix30 wrote:Backes, Peitrangelo and either berglund or a 1st....size and skill is what I like about this deal

I don;t think you are getting Pietrangelo and Berglund, much less with Backes.

Not looking for both Pietrangelo and Berglund its one or the other..Backes is a differnt player than Boyes...I would take Backes over Boyes and he is I think we need...his grit and skill would be great for the 2nd line....Peitrangleo is also expendable with their depth on the blueline and could be an entice piece for Murray....

47First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 7:58 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Are we trading them Spezza as well?

48First reports from Olympic Camp - Page 3 Empty Re: First reports from Olympic Camp Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I dont think they'd give Peitrangelo strait up. Heatley just isnt someone they'd want.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum