GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL

+10
Sens19
Flo The Action
davetherave
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
LeCaptain
Tuk Tuk
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Best Tough Guy

POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_lcap236%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 9 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_lcap28%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 2 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_lcap212%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 3 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_lcap220%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 5 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_lcap216%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 16% [ 4 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_lcap28%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:38 pm

davetherave wrote:Interesting thread...which re-affirms that the love for the bloodsport part of the sport is alive and well.

In terms of true 'toughness' though, I wonder if there are many players tougher than Jarome Iginla.

I agree, Chara above him though. But PostDispenser wanted to leave Stars out of the equation.

47POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:46 pm

rooneypoo

All-Star
All-Star

Sens19 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Sens19 wrote:Call me biased but Neil is the only for me. Lucic is a very close second. I can't stand Carcillo or Parros so I'll never vote FOR them in any poll

*Gasp!* You take that back! When you hate Parros, you hate yourself, man. It's like disliking sunshine, rainbows, and laughing babies.

:^^^^: hmm first I don't like being called "man". Second, not a sunshine or rainbow girl maybe it IS because I hate Parros. And lastly, I don't take that back evil

Not saying he's a bad fighter or anything, I honestly just cannot stand him

Parros is the embodiment of hockey. If you don't respect him and what he does, you don't get it.

Look, he may look like a stupid goon, but the guy's got a degree in economics, is the prankster / joke-teller in the the room, and is universally loved by his teammates. ANA fans regularly come to the rink with fake mustaches in support of him.

He's a guy who does anything for his team, does it quietly and well, never Wing Dang Doodle or moans like some superstar because he knows every minute on the ice is a privilege and a gift, works his (not-so-talented) butt off every second he's on the ice, always fights fair and respectfully, and on and on.

The guy is character personified. The hockey world needs more guys like this, not Wing Dang Doodle, whiny Heatleys and Zherdevs. The don't score the goals, but the help build and maintain the team. And, after all, he is a Stanley Cup winner, whether we like it or not.

You don't have to like the guy, but you ought to respect him.

48POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

Personally I can't stand Lucic.

Parros is awesome though.

49POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:18 pm

notch77

Prospect
Prospect

Parros is 2nd??? Wow, I guess I should watch him more. I usuallt stay up to watch the West and have watched lots of Anaheim games, can't say I have noticed him at all.

50POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 4 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:
Sens19 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:
Sens19 wrote:Call me biased but Neil is the only for me. Lucic is a very close second. I can't stand Carcillo or Parros so I'll never vote FOR them in any poll

*Gasp!* You take that back! When you hate Parros, you hate yourself, man. It's like disliking sunshine, rainbows, and laughing babies.

:^^^^: hmm first I don't like being called "man". Second, not a sunshine or rainbow girl maybe it IS because I hate Parros. And lastly, I don't take that back evil

Not saying he's a bad fighter or anything, I honestly just cannot stand him

Parros is the embodiment of hockey. If you don't respect him and what he does, you don't get it.

Look, he may look like a stupid goon, but the guy's got a degree in economics, is the prankster / joke-teller in the the room, and is universally loved by his teammates. ANA fans regularly come to the rink with fake mustaches in support of him.

He's a guy who does anything for his team, does it quietly and well, never Wing Dang Doodle or moans like some superstar because he knows every minute on the ice is a privilege and a gift, works his (not-so-talented) butt off every second he's on the ice, always fights fair and respectfully, and on and on.

The guy is character personified. The hockey world needs more guys like this, not Wing Dang Doodle, whiny Heatleys and Zherdevs. The don't score the goals, but the help build and maintain the team. And, after all, he is a Stanley Cup winner, whether we like it or not.

You don't have to like the guy, but you ought to respect him.

I said I can't stand him, but didn't mention not respecting him. I even said he's a good fighter. What you said about him may be right, but is he the only one that plays with the same heart and attitude? No, many players are heros in their own respective roles and don't need the "star" labels or goals. And of course, Ducks fans love him. I can only assume he is what Chris Neil is to us or Lucic is to the Bruins. Every team needs that type of player, and the Parros fits the fighter heart and soul guy. Me not liking him doesn't mean I don't think he is a legit fughter/player nor does it mean I disrespect him Wink

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum