GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL

+10
Sens19
Flo The Action
davetherave
PTFlea
SeawaySensFan
Jordo
LeCaptain
Tuk Tuk
shabbs
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Best Tough Guy

POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_lcap236%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 36% [ 9 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 2 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_lcap212%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 12% [ 3 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_lcap220%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 20% [ 5 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_lcap216%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 16% [ 4 ]
POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_lcap28%POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 8% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 25

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

31POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Tue Aug 04, 2009 3:57 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Neely4Life wrote:Chara was chemotherapy in that room. I hope you were being sarcastic.
Yes, most certainly.

Damn I miss him.

32POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:14 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

Right now, have to go with Dr. Rooney's hero, Mr. George Parros...a real heavyweight who can play. Ottawa boy Ben Eager is making a name for himself too as a Big Bad Blackhawk...

(Haven't seen Lucic go up against either one...has anyone else?)

Two guys who can rock and roll, and hurt you on the scoresheet.

:##:

33POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:26 pm

Tuk Tuk

Veteran
Veteran

Parros and his 9 career goals. Sarcasm

34POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:41 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

how much would we give chara on a contract to have him back? most certainly the 7.5... more?

35POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:45 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk wrote:Parros and his 9 career goals. Sarcasm

And all of them...good ones. :^^^^:

...'stache works too, eh.

36POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:24 pm

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

Call me biased but Neil is the only for me. Lucic is a very close second. I can't stand Carcillo or Parros so I'll never vote FOR them in any poll

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

37POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:04 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Sens19 wrote:Call me biased but Neil is the only for me. Lucic is a very close second. I can't stand Carcillo or Parros so I'll never vote FOR them in any poll

*Gasp!* You take that back! When you hate Parros, you hate yourself, man. It's like disliking sunshine, rainbows, and laughing babies.

38POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:52 am

:^^^:

39POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:07 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
Sens19 wrote:Call me biased but Neil is the only for me. Lucic is a very close second. I can't stand Carcillo or Parros so I'll never vote FOR them in any poll

*Gasp!* You take that back! When you hate Parros, you hate yourself, man. It's like disliking sunshine, rainbows, and laughing babies.
Now THAT is hilarious.

40POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:17 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sunshine gives you skin cancer. Not cool.

I hate rainbows. It means it just rained and is very humid. And with the sun out, it's humid *and* hot.

Babies laugh when they have gas. Gassy babies tend to have colic and not sleep through the night.

I don't hate myself, but how can you like someone who doesn't like laughing babies?

Therefore I guess it's OK for me to hate Parros. Except he probably got teased at school with guys calling him "Parrot". I feel sorry for guys who get teased at school because of their name. I can't hate someone whom I pity.

I'm so confused now.

41POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:35 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

How can you not love Parros though? He fights with respect, is not dirty, brings his lunch pail to every game and does his job.

Rooney's in love with the mustache... I don't really get that... but it is a cool mustache.

42POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:52 am

Sens19

Sens19
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

:^^^^: hmm first I don't like being called "man". Second, not a sunshine or rainbow girl maybe it IS because I hate Parros. And lastly, I don't take that back evil

Not saying he's a bad fighter or anything, I honestly just cannot stand him

http://sens19-hockeytalk.blogspot.com/

43POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:11 pm

notch77

Prospect
Prospect

Lucic for me

44POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:25 pm

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

I went with Neil too. Lucic is close for me, but I don't see enough of his fights to vote for him. Neil is definitely one of the strongest guys in the league, he can fight just about anyone. I have realized over the past few years that he's much, much stronger than I ever thought. He will throw down with even the biggest guy in the league and be able to hold his ground.

45POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:36 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Interesting thread...which re-affirms that the love for the bloodsport part of the sport is alive and well.

In terms of true 'toughness' though, I wonder if there are many players tougher than Jarome Iginla.

46POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 12:38 pm

davetherave wrote:Interesting thread...which re-affirms that the love for the bloodsport part of the sport is alive and well.

In terms of true 'toughness' though, I wonder if there are many players tougher than Jarome Iginla.

I agree, Chara above him though. But PostDispenser wanted to leave Stars out of the equation.

47POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:46 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Sens19 wrote:
rooneypoo wrote:

:^^^^: hmm first I don't like being called "man". Second, not a sunshine or rainbow girl maybe it IS because I hate Parros. And lastly, I don't take that back evil

Not saying he's a bad fighter or anything, I honestly just cannot stand him

Parros is the embodiment of hockey. If you don't respect him and what he does, you don't get it.

Look, he may look like a stupid goon, but the guy's got a degree in economics, is the prankster / joke-teller in the the room, and is universally loved by his teammates. ANA fans regularly come to the rink with fake mustaches in support of him.

He's a guy who does anything for his team, does it quietly and well, never Wing Dang Doodle or moans like some superstar because he knows every minute on the ice is a privilege and a gift, works his (not-so-talented) butt off every second he's on the ice, always fights fair and respectfully, and on and on.

The guy is character personified. The hockey world needs more guys like this, not Wing Dang Doodle, whiny Heatleys and Zherdevs. The don't score the goals, but the help build and maintain the team. And, after all, he is a Stanley Cup winner, whether we like it or not.

You don't have to like the guy, but you ought to respect him.

48POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL - Page 3 Empty Re: POLL ADDED: Best Tough Guy in the NHL Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:33 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Personally I can't stand Lucic.

Parros is awesome though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum