GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators Top Prospect #1

+13
Phoenix30
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
Mojo
LethalLehner
wprager
The Silfer Server
Tuk Tuk
Hockeyhero22000
caissie_1
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Senators Top Prospect #1

Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_lcap273%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 73% [ 51 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_lcap214%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 10 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_lcap24%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 3 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_lcap21%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 1 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_lcap23%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_lcap24%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 3 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_lcap20%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 70

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

46Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:29 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Hard to predict, but, yeah, I would hope that the Kovalev signing has changed BM's mind about what he wants in return.

At the very least, I hope the thinking has changed from 2 NHL-ready forwards + 1 NHL-ready D to 1 NHL-ready forward + 1 NHL-ready D, max -- if not just one or the other (1 NHL-ready F or D) + a goody bag of prospects and picks.

Please.

47Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:44 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

I voted for the very talented Mr Karlsson...and I hope he and Jared Cowen become a dynamite d-pairing for you guys.

48Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:59 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:I voted for the very talented Mr Karlsson...and I hope he and Jared Cowen become a dynamite d-pairing for you guys.

Thanks Dave. I would take a Keith/Seabrook any day of the week, so we can hope they develop as well.

49Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:08 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I voted for Karlsson, and would like to see Eric Gryba or Jakov Silfverberg added to the list.

50Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:44 pm

thekeyholespy

Prospect
Prospect

Zubov had his chance he'll need to be traded to see a regular shift in the NHL ...Zack Smith will start the season with the big club.

Wiercioch will play next year in the show as will Karlsson...but how much depends on them and how quickly picard and smith are shipped out

Regin did well last year ...but i don't know where he fits with kelly, Donovan, and winchester on the club... i'd say donovan will likely be put on waivers or traded for late round pick while kelly goes for a solid prospect who might be 1yr or 2yrs out and a 2nd round pick but more likely a 3rd or 4th

....as for the rest, not this year

top prospect
Cowan in 3 yrs = Pronger

51Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I voted for Karlsson, and would like to see Eric Gryba or Jakov Silfverberg added to the list.

For sure, I'm making a list. Everytime a prospect gets voted in, another is put in his place.

52Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:58 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

thekeyholespy wrote:Zubov had his chance he'll need to be traded to see a regular shift in the NHL ...Zack Smith will start the season with the big club.

Wiercioch will play next year in the show as will Karlsson...but how much depends on them and how quickly picard and smith are shipped out

Regin did well last year ...but i don't know where he fits with kelly, Donovan, and winchester on the club... i'd say donovan will likely be put on waivers or traded for late round pick while kelly goes for a solid prospect who might be 1yr or 2yrs out and a 2nd round pick but more likely a 3rd or 4th

top prospect
Cowan in 3 yrs = Pronger

FingersCrossed

53Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:08 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:I voted for Karlsson, and would like to see Eric Gryba or Jakov Silfverberg added to the list.

For sure, I'm making a list. Everytime a prospect gets voted in, another is put in his place.

You know what would be cool? To add a projection to each prospect as well. As in, career potential in terms of position (top line forward, checking line center, top pairing defenseman, etc) and possibly a projection of what the membership thinks that player's contributions will be (goals, points, etc).

54Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:10 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
You know what would be cool? To add a projection to each prospect as well. As in, career potential in terms of position (top line forward, checking line center, top pairing defenseman, etc) and possibly a projection of what the membership thinks that player's contributions will be (goals, points, etc).

How would you do that in a poll though? PM me, or put it here and I'll fiddle around with it tomorrow.

55Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:26 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

How would you do that in a poll though? PM me, or put it here and I'll fiddle around with it tomorrow.

Don't have to put it in a poll. Canvas the opinion of the membership before you add each prospect to their respective position on the prospect chart, create a thread called...something...and just add the snippets, possibly with attribution, underneath each prospect.

For instance, after we gather all the opinions on say, Erik Karlsson it could read:

Erik Karlsson
Career potential: Top pairing defenseman
Contributions potential/upside: 50+ point defenseman

And then a snippet about that prospects strengths perhaps. Something like that.

We'd be ranking these prospects and providing information about what the membership projects these players to become.

56Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:09 am

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

thekeyholespy wrote:Zubov had his chance he'll need to be traded to see a regular shift in the NHL ...Zack Smith will start the season with the big club.

top prospect
Cowan in 3 yrs = Pronger

I could be wrong, but I think you are seriously overvaluing Kelly. He would mostly be a salary dump, so I doubt Murray gets a player and a pick for him. I wouldn't expect anything more than a 2nd or more likely a 3rd round pick for him.

57Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Tue Jul 14, 2009 3:36 am

Zach Smith over here!

58Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:41 am

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

SensFan71 wrote:went against the grain and picked Lehner, like his work ethic he demonstrated at the prospect camp.

I voted for Lehner, not because the other players won't be studs, but because ( no offence Elliott) I think he's the real deal. He's got the size, skill, and background to be Ottawa's true franchise goalie.

He could eventually be "Vezina good" depending on how he adapts to the North American game this year. I figure its about time we found a goalie that can star for this team for over a decade and I think he's it.....just a hunch.

as for the others on the list:

Karlsson - All star, top pairing

Cowen - eventual star, top pairing - won't be as flashy as Erik so he'lll need to focus on learning the game from Phillips...on how to stop Crosby....Malkin...Ov....etc

Regin - not sure about Regin's toughness....very skilled but will need to add some sandpaper

Z.Smith - haven't seen enough of him to comment but everyone here seems to love him....

Wiercioch - can't wait to see his progress at training camp!

Zubov - needs to explode this fall to set his career in motion, if he doesn't make the big team, consider it a failure..

O'Brien - will hopefully star for bingo - here's hoping murray was onto something!
Caporusso - haven't seen much of him....

59Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:25 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:
PKC wrote:

Don't have to put it in a poll. Canvas the opinion of the membership before you add each prospect to their respective position on the prospect chart, create a thread called...something...and just add the snippets, possibly with attribution, underneath each prospect.

For instance, after we gather all the opinions on say, Erik Karlsson it could read:

Erik Karlsson
Career potential: Top pairing defenseman
Contributions potential/upside: 50+ point defenseman

And then a snippet about that prospects strengths perhaps. Something like that.

We'd be ranking these prospects and providing information about what the membership projects these players to become.

I see. Sure, after each vote we can get the member's opinions on where this guy will eventually land in the NHL like you listed above.

60Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Tue Jul 14, 2009 10:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

HowieMorenz wrote:Zach Smith over here!

Who is that in your avatar Howie? I keep looking at it and thinking Sillinger, but I don't think it is.

61Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:59 am

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

top prospect
Cowan in 3 yrs = Pronger

Regin and Z. Smith are probably the best bets to make the jump this season, but neither is a for-sure thing, especially if BM insists on bringing back two forwards in a Heatley deal.

We already have 11 players on 1-way deals, plus Foligno. That puts 12 players ahead of Regin and Smith. If Heatley is traded for 2 forwards on 1-way deals, that's bring the total up to 12 players on 1-way deals, plus Foligno. At that point, it would take substantial player movement in the form of trades for Smith or Regin to even get a sniff.

As for Cowen, not sure this Pronger comparison is fair. He's projecting to be a defensive D in the NHL. He's got some offence, but scouts don't have him pegged to put up the kind of offensive numbers that Pronger has. In 3 years in the WHL, the best Cowen has done is 21 points in 48 games. There's a lot to like about this guy, totally, but we probably shouldn't be expecting major offence, especially not 3 short years from now.

62Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

2 days left I think. Or 1...can't recall.

63Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 4 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:14 am

SpezDispenser wrote:
HowieMorenz wrote:Zach Smith over here!

Who is that in your avatar Howie? I keep looking at it and thinking Sillinger, but I don't think it is.

Is Kovalev over Comrie lol

Ahhhhh!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum