GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators Top Prospect #1

+13
Phoenix30
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
Mojo
LethalLehner
wprager
The Silfer Server
Tuk Tuk
Hockeyhero22000
caissie_1
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Senators Top Prospect #1

Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap273%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 73% [ 51 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap214%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 10 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 3 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap21%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 1 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap23%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap24%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 3 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_lcap20%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 70

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

31Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Mojo

Rookie
Rookie

SensFan71 wrote:the list as compiled by Hockey's Futures, not sure I agree with # 2

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/10982/senators_top20_prospects_spring2009/

Ya, that list needs a serious update. Considering Lee and Elliot are essentially full timers, I don't know they should be there. Anyways, Cowen definitely needs to be on that list and probably in the #2 spot.

32Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:42 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mojo wrote:
To be honest, I expected Karlsson to run away with the #1 spot. It will get a lot mroe interesting with the next few spots though.

I thought Karlsson would win as well, but I had a feeling it was going to be neck and neck with another D. We'll see how the 2nd spot turns out, assuming this is the way it'll end.

33Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:37 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
Mojo wrote:I voted Karlsson but I would add Jakob Silfverberg to the list. Just out of curiosity though, does #1 prospect mean the prospect who will develop into the best player or just who the one who is most read ready to play? I don't think this will change my vote, but it could for ranking other guys on the list.

#1 prospect means the very best prospect in the Sens system. He will become an NHL star and excel at the position he plays.

In a nutshell.

And so on down the list. The guys you are most excited about. Guys who have a good chance of making the NHL, guys you think may surprise etc.

Just because someone is our best prospect doesn't mean he'll excel or be an NHL star though. As recently as two seasons ago, we didn't have any blue chippers imo.

34Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Zoolander wrote:Just because someone is our best prospect doesn't mean he'll excel or be an NHL star though. As recently as two seasons ago, we didn't have any blue chippers imo.

We do now. cool)

35Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:28 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:
Zoolander wrote:Just because someone is our best prospect doesn't mean he'll excel or be an NHL star though. As recently as two seasons ago, we didn't have any blue chippers imo.

We do now. cool)

Exactly. Murray used his 3 best picks over the past two years to make sure our blueline will shine for years to come.

36Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:38 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

I'm surprised Petersson isn't on the list though.

37Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:39 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:I'm surprised Petersson isn't on the list though.

Dammit, I forgot him. He's next.

38Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:46 pm

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

that's why i asked if Bass is still considered a prospect. I mean he's played parts of two seasons, and should be a lock to make the team this upcoming season.

39Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:47 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:

We do now. cool)

Yep. It's possible to envision the Sens returning to the days when our blueline was the envy of the league.

40Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:55 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Zoolander wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

We do now. cool)

Yep. It's possible to envision the Sens returning to the days when our blueline was the envy of the league.

Only it will be real and not smoke and mirrors like it was with Redden.

41Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:05 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:that's why i asked if Bass is still considered a prospect. I mean he's played parts of two seasons, and should be a lock to make the team this upcoming season.

I know, but he's only played 33 games total and has no clear path to the NHL at this point. I thought I'd still list him as a prospect. Not sure though, he could be labeled 'graduated'.

42Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:54 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Tuk Tuk Goose wrote:that's why i asked if Bass is still considered a prospect. I mean he's played parts of two seasons, and should be a lock to make the team this upcoming season.

Bass is anything but a lock for this season. Barring some major movement, in fact, I'd be surprised if he makes this year's team.

We have 11 forwards on 1-way deals. Then we have Foligno and Regin still on ELCs, both players who are ahead of him. And if the failed EDM is measuring stick for what BM is expecting in return for Heatley, that would mean we're trying to bring back two NHL-ready forwards, which squeezes Bass down the depth chart even further.

Bass is, right now, at best 14th on a 12-man depth chart. I like him, but he's going to have to seriously turn heads to make it this year.

43Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:06 pm

Phoenix30

Phoenix30
Veteran
Veteran

rooneypoo wrote:

Bass is anything but a lock for this season. Barring some major movement, in fact, I'd be surprised if he makes this year's team.

We have 11 forwards on 1-way deals. Then we have Foligno and Regin still on ELCs, both players who are ahead of him. And if the failed EDM is measuring stick for what BM is expecting in return for Heatley, that would mean we're trying to bring back two NHL-ready forwards, which squeezes Bass down the depth chart even further.

Bass is, right now, at best 14th on a 12-man depth chart. I like him, but he's going to have to seriously turn heads to make it this year.

Rooney do you think that now Murray has signed Kovie that he may rethink his requirements. Maybe replace one of the forwards (Penner) for a defenceman (Gilbert) instead.

44Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Phoenix30 wrote:
Rooney do you think that now Murray has signed Kovie that he may rethink his requirements. Maybe replace one of the forwards (Penner) for a defenceman (Gilbert) instead.

Fat Penner out, Gilbert in and I'm all over this deal.

45Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:23 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Phoenix30 wrote:

Hard to predict, but, yeah, I would hope that the Kovalev signing has changed BM's mind about what he wants in return.

At the very least, I hope the thinking has changed from 2 NHL-ready forwards + 1 NHL-ready D to 1 NHL-ready forward + 1 NHL-ready D, max -- if not just one or the other (1 NHL-ready F or D) + a goody bag of prospects and picks.

46Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:29 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

rooneypoo wrote:
Hard to predict, but, yeah, I would hope that the Kovalev signing has changed BM's mind about what he wants in return.

At the very least, I hope the thinking has changed from 2 NHL-ready forwards + 1 NHL-ready D to 1 NHL-ready forward + 1 NHL-ready D, max -- if not just one or the other (1 NHL-ready F or D) + a goody bag of prospects and picks.

Please.

47Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:44 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I voted for the very talented Mr Karlsson...and I hope he and Jared Cowen become a dynamite d-pairing for you guys.

48Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 3 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:I voted for the very talented Mr Karlsson...and I hope he and Jared Cowen become a dynamite d-pairing for you guys.

Thanks Dave. I would take a Keith/Seabrook any day of the week, so we can hope they develop as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum