GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Senators Top Prospect #1

+13
Phoenix30
rooneypoo
SeawaySensFan
SensFan71
Cap'n Clutch
Mojo
LethalLehner
wprager
The Silfer Server
Tuk Tuk
Hockeyhero22000
caissie_1
PTFlea
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Senators Top Prospect #1

Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap273%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 73% [ 51 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap214%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 14% [ 10 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 3 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap21%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 1% [ 1 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap23%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 3% [ 2 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap24%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 4% [ 3 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_lcap20%Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 70

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:04 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I voted Karlsson. As for another guy on the list I'll go with Petersson.

17Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:05 am

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Add in Kaspars Daugavins as well.

18Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:35 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

went against the grain and picked Lehner, like his work ethic he demonstrated at the prospect camp.

19Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 8:49 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:went against the grain and picked Lehner, like his work ethic he demonstrated at the prospect camp.

So you think Lehner will be a better prospect than all the others or IS a better one already?

- Unknown Author

20Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:02 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:went against the grain and picked Lehner, like his work ethic he demonstrated at the prospect camp.

So you think Lehner will be a better prospect than all the others or IS a better one already?

will be to clarify any of the monday blahs I left on that post, he is only 17, so he has a long way to go, but already showing a promising start.

21Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:25 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

17???! He's 6'3" and only 17, and they call the other guy Monster?

Actually I just read that he's 6'4" (and possibly still growing) while Gustavsson is 6'3" and at nearly 25, no-longer growing. Is this going to be another Razor/Rayzor controversy between cross-provincial-rival goalies? I hope it turns out differently from the last time.

22Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:31 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just finished reading that HockeysFuture report on Lehner. His backup at the U18 was one Johan Gustafsson (how confusing would it be if both The Monster -- Jonas Gustavsson -- and Johan Gustafsson were in the league at the same time).

Gustafsson outplayed Lehner in the two games he started and is draft-eligible in 2010.

23Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:17???! He's 6'3" and only 17, and they call the other guy Monster?

Actually I just read that he's 6'4" (and possibly still growing) while Gustavsson is 6'3" and at nearly 25, no-longer growing. Is this going to be another Razor/Rayzor controversy between cross-provincial-rival goalies? I hope it turns out differently from the last time.

I was telling Mel that and thought I had it wrong. Was he 17 and still eligible for being drafted?

24Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mojo wrote:I voted Karlsson but I would add Jakob Silfverberg to the list. Just out of curiosity though, does #1 prospect mean the prospect who will develop into the best player or just who the one who is most read ready to play? I don't think this will change my vote, but it could for ranking other guys on the list.

#1 prospect means the very best prospect in the Sens system. He will become an NHL star and excel at the position he plays.

In a nutshell.

And so on down the list. The guys you are most excited about. Guys who have a good chance of making the NHL, guys you think may surprise etc.

25Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

4 days left to vote, then we'll do number 2.

I will say, I'm shocked that it's not closer between 1 and 2 right now...

26Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:4 days left to vote, then we'll do number 2.

To be honest, I expected Karlsson to run away with the #1 spot. It will get a lot mroe interesting with the next few spots though.

27Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:57 pm

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

Mojo wrote:

To be honest, I expected Karlsson to run away with the #1 spot. It will get a lot mroe interesting with the next few spots though.

I agree completely. Although the next few spots are probably going to Wiercioch and Cowen, and then probably Lehner after that.

I think we should almost have one for just forwards. That would be all over the place i think.

28Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:13 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

Bass Destruction wrote:
Mojo wrote:

I agree completely. Although the next few spots are probably going to Wiercioch and Cowen, and then probably Lehner after that.

I think we should almost have one for just forwards. That would be all over the place i think.

Ya, I think you are right, but it will be interesting to see the order.

29Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:18 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

the list as compiled by Hockey's Futures, not sure I agree with # 2

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/10982/senators_top20_prospects_spring2009/

30Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:19 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah Karlsson is shaping up to be the runaway #1. Definitely agree that #2 will get quite interesting indeed.

- Unknown Author

31Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:27 pm

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

SensFan71 wrote:the list as compiled by Hockey's Futures, not sure I agree with # 2

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/articles/10982/senators_top20_prospects_spring2009/

Ya, that list needs a serious update. Considering Lee and Elliot are essentially full timers, I don't know they should be there. Anyways, Cowen definitely needs to be on that list and probably in the #2 spot.

32Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mojo wrote:

I thought Karlsson would win as well, but I had a feeling it was going to be neck and neck with another D. We'll see how the 2nd spot turns out, assuming this is the way it'll end.

33Senators Top Prospect #1 - Page 2 Empty Re: Senators Top Prospect #1 Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:37 pm

SpezDispenser wrote:
Mojo wrote:I voted Karlsson but I would add Jakob Silfverberg to the list. Just out of curiosity though, does #1 prospect mean the prospect who will develop into the best player or just who the one who is most read ready to play? I don't think this will change my vote, but it could for ranking other guys on the list.

#1 prospect means the very best prospect in the Sens system. He will become an NHL star and excel at the position he plays.

In a nutshell.

And so on down the list. The guys you are most excited about. Guys who have a good chance of making the NHL, guys you think may surprise etc.

Just because someone is our best prospect doesn't mean he'll excel or be an NHL star though. As recently as two seasons ago, we didn't have any blue chippers imo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum