GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst UFA signings of 2009

+9
Mojo
wprager
PTFlea
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
spader
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
SensFan71
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 5]

61Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:17 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SpezDispenser wrote:What's the difference between Orr and a dime a dozen tough guy like McGrattan who makes league minimum? And why a 4 year contract? And what does he bring to the table when there's no fighting in a game? 1 million is a fair chunk for a one dimensional guy IMO. Just like I think Neil got 500K too much for what he brings, I think Orr also got 500K too much.

Just to back up the windbaggery of his initial presser. Just like the rest of his signings, as a matter of fact. He even characterized Kadri as a "mean little bastard".

62Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:34 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:Yeah, I don't see the issue with the Orr signing... he's not being signed for points, that's for sure. As for Komi... I guess we'll see how that one works out and if he can get back to his top form.

I think the problem is, who is being signed for points in T.O.?

63Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:39 pm

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

spader wrote:
shabbs wrote:Yeah, I don't see the issue with the Orr signing... he's not being signed for points, that's for sure. As for Komi... I guess we'll see how that one works out and if he can get back to his top form.

Blake and Grabs will carry the team.

Wink

Heh heh.

64Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:42 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:

Wink

Heh heh.

Just an aside: do you have silver wings to go along with that laugh, shabbs?

(That joke won't make any sense if you're not a fan of "The Sopranos".)

65Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:44 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:
spader wrote:

Wink

Heh heh.

Just an aside: do you have silver wings to go along with that laugh, shabbs?

(That joke won't make any sense if you're not a fan of "The Sopranos".)
Not a fan of the Sopranos... so you'll have to paint the picture for me.

66Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:55 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:

You end almost every post with this great "heh, heh," which reminds me intensely of Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtierri -- the guy with the big silver "wings" above his ears -- that's all. I thought you might have been doing it on purpose.

Anyway, I love it. I'm a big Sopranos fan, and Paulie is hilarious. Rockon

67Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 5 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:58 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

rooneypoo wrote:
shabbs wrote:

You end almost every post with this great "heh, heh," which reminds me intensely of Paulie "Walnuts" Gualtierri -- the guy with the big silver "wings" above his ears -- that's all. I thought you might have been doing it on purpose.

Anyway, I love it. I'm a big Sopranos fan, and Paulie is hilarious. Rockon
I'll have to borrow the series from a friend and watch it.

As for the "heh heh"... that's just the way I roll...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum