GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst UFA signings of 2009

+9
Mojo
wprager
PTFlea
jamvan
Cap'n Clutch
spader
SeawaySensFan
dennycrane
SensFan71
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

16Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:44 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Why is Havlat a bad signing? And why is Hossa -- that contract should be fairly easy to move if they wanted, unless he has a NTC.

17Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:46 pm

SeawaySensFan

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Neil's best season was due to his extensive PP time and I've been advocating for him to get back in front of the net on the PP ever since they took him out of that roll.

No one has really explained why that change occured.

Mostly because "Fish" gots to have hims minutes!

18Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:49 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't care that Orr makes only 1 million, that's a horrible signing. I really think that's a waste personally. Like getting Holweg last year, for what?

I personally don't see a problem with the Antropov signing, DEFINITELY not the Hossa signing, DEFINITELY not the Havlat signing, DEFINITELY not the Cammalleri signing, nor do I have an issue with the Gionta signing actually.

Gaborik when healthy is a top 3 winger, but the money is silly in this economy, so...I'm on the fence on that one.

Komisarek is a good singing, nothing wrong with that really.

Bulin is good and bad because of age factors and injury history.

Neil is overpaid by 500K, but I wouldn't have him on that list.

Kotalik for 3 million is STUPID. So there's one I don't like.

I basically disagree with half of that top 10. Kind of a weak article from THN. Surprising.

19Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:50 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:

I have a feeling Regin will end up centering line 2 and Fisher will be reunited with Neil and Kelly on line 3. That's my feeling right now.

20Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:52 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I have a feeling Regin will end up centering line 2 and Fisher will be reunited with Neil and Kelly on line 3. That's my feeling right now.

ugh Fish's salary and he's a 3rd liner, this guy has to be moved to the wing on one of the top two lines.

21Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:52 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

I don't see that happening. Kovy with Fisher is going to be golden.

22Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:54 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Why is Havlat a bad signing? And why is Hossa -- that contract should be fairly easy to move if they wanted, unless he has a NTC.
The Hossa contract is just plain stupid.

23Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
ugh Fish's salary and he's a 3rd liner, this guy has to be moved to the wing on one of the top two lines.

Where though? Unless we gas Heatley for picks and prospects, it's tough.

There's other options though:

Regin has a great chemistry/history with Shannon and Kelly could help mentor him into an NHLer, so that could be a cool line.

24Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:54 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:I don't see that happening. Kovy with Fisher is going to be golden.

Quite true. So would Regin and Kovalev, but yes, Fisher and Kovy is sexier.

25Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:55 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

jamvan wrote:The Hossa contract is just plain stupid.

I love it. 5.2 million for a semi-elite winger who'll probably retire at age 39 and come off the books completely. Wish we had done it.

26Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:56 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:

Where though? Unless we gas Heatley for picks and prospects, it's tough.

There's other options though:

Regin has a great chemistry/history with Shannon and Kelly could help mentor him into an NHLer, so that could be a cool line.

ugh I didn't think we would have this problem, hell, where do we put Foligno to keep his goal scoring going, he could get 20 to 25 under clouston.

27Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:59 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SensFan71 wrote:
ugh I didn't think we would have this problem, hell, where do we put Foligno to keep his goal scoring going, he could get 20 to 25 under clouston.

Top line LW or LW with Fisher and Kovy, or LW with Regin and Kovy - or if we're dying, LW with Regin and Shannon ( :drooling: ). Foligno to me, is the quintessential young, powerful, top 6 guy.

28Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:05 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:
jamvan wrote:I don't see that happening. Kovy with Fisher is going to be golden.

Quite true. So would Regin and Kovalev, but yes, Fisher and Kovy is sexier.
I could totally see a line of Foligno-Fisher-Kovalev

Call them the FI-FO-KO line.

29Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:07 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't see Kovy and Fisher working personally unless he's with Alfie. A Kovy Fisher Alfie line sounds great at least on paper.

- Unknown Author

30Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:08 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I don't see Kovy and Fisher working personally unless he's with Alfie. A Kovy Fisher Alfie line sounds great at least on paper.

training camp will give Clouston a chance to experiment with his future line combos, even the pre season games perhaps.

31Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:16 pm

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I don't see Kovy and Fisher working personally unless he's with Alfie. A Kovy Fisher Alfie line sounds great at least on paper.
I think anyone can play with Kovalev and be better. Look what he did for his mediocre linemates in Habland.

32Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

jamvan wrote:
wprager wrote:Why is Havlat a bad signing? And why is Hossa -- that contract should be fairly easy to move if they wanted, unless he has a NTC.
The Hossa contract is just plain stupid.

$5.23M cap hit for a player that easily deserves $6M, and he signed it before turning 35, which means he can retire after 8 seasons. Yes, the salary he will earn in those 8 years is close to $7M, but that is still a very reasonable number for top-line guy who can score 40+ goals. Teams with good cash flow not trying to save money would be very open to trading for Hossa.

33Worst UFA signings of 2009 - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst UFA signings of 2009 Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think Alfie or Kovy can play LW to be honest.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum