GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer Dany Heatley hits

+38
beerandsens
M_Christopher
beedub
SensGirl11
shabbs
Anshu
jawal
thekeyholespy
Hoags
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
Mojo
LeCaptain
pgood
Vandelay
Phoenix30
Sp00nz
Acrobat
TheAvatar
PKC
Tuk Tuk
Hobiesens
The Silfer Server
davetherave
Urkie
asq2
Snuh
wprager
strachattack
dennycrane
Sens4thecup
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Hockeyhero22000
jamvan
PTFlea
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28 ... 54  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 54]

31Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:27 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

But what if it's not misinformation and devaluation? Pronger asked for a trade once, reportedly because of his wife. Heatley has now asked out twice, and this time it was because he didn't like the coach treating him equally. Pronger is not asking to be moved, and did not have a mediocre season. It is entirely possible that some GMs may be saying enough of this, let him prove it he's worth it first.

32Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:31 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think teams want Heatley to prove much - however, it must be disconcerting to Heatley to see the definite lack of interest in his services thus far. BIG blow to the ego I would think.

33Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:33 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I agree Rooney, I don't know if it's me overvaluing Heatley - or others undervaluing him - or overvaluing their own players. Not impressed so far.

I'd rather not have a deal done just to get him out. I know it's not me writing that $4M check, but still. At his worst, Heatley will probably still score 35 goals. Why not just keep him.

34Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:33 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

tsn is saying the penner smid and cogs is close to being done

35Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:But what if it's not misinformation and devaluation? Pronger asked for a trade once, reportedly because of his wife. Heatley has now asked out twice, and this time it was because he didn't like the coach treating him equally. Pronger is not asking to be moved, and did not have a mediocre season. It is entirely possible that some GMs may be saying enough of this, let him prove it he's worth it first.

39 goals. That would make him the leading scorer on well over half of the teams in the league. Puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

I get what you're saying, but the fact is that we know JACK for real in terms of what actually happened in either scenario. All we have is 'he said, she said' reports that never seem to add up. Factor in the fact that Heatley has already proven himself repeatedly -- in the NHL, on the world stage -- and I'm just not buying the cool aid much of the press is trying to sell me.

36Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:34 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:I agree Rooney, I don't know if it's me overvaluing Heatley - or others undervaluing him - or overvaluing their own players. Not impressed so far.

I'd rather not have a deal done just to get him out. I know it's not me writing that $4M check, but still. At his worst, Heatley will probably still score 35 goals. Why not just keep him.

Pretty much. Although you don't want him around the team next year if possible.

37Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:35 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:tsn is saying the penner smid and cogs is close to being done

I'm real interested to know why we need Smid. Anyone?

38Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:35 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

If it doesn't get done by midnight, I hope Melnyk has a Brinks truck ready to deliver 4 million in pennies to Heatley's door.

39Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:36 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Smid - another D from Ottawa going the other way.

40Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:37 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:tsn is saying the penner smid and cogs is close to being done

I'm real interested to know why we need Smid. Anyone?

We don't. Another defensive D. Just doesn't add up. That TSN is reporting this as "close" has me really concerned, tho'.

41Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle, this is about to happen it sounds like. I don't love Smid, I don't love Penner, I don't love Cogliano. Very nervous right now.

42Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:38 pm

They are saying it is done...

43Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:40 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I don't mind it. It is not Frolov, Johnson, and the 5th, but it's a heck of a lot better than the offers of Zherdev and Roszival Murray got a few days ago.

44Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Yah, but we hate Heatley

45Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:40 pm

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

i reread the article they expect it to be smid penner and cogs but they dont know cuz BM doesnt let anything out into the open

46Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:40 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

If it does happen, I look forward to Heatley going in on Phaneuf and J-Bo.

47Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:41 pm

Bob Mackenzie just mentioned it's official..

Penner, Smid and Cog for Heatley..just waiting for him to waive his NTC.

I'm calling the Sens in the morning telling them I want my money back for my tickets...Murray needs to be fired.

48Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cogliano has excellent speed, but he's not big if I remember correctly. Fat Penner will have to get to that diddling net and kill it. I know nothing about Smid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 54]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28 ... 54  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum