GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer Dany Heatley hits

+38
beerandsens
M_Christopher
beedub
SensGirl11
shabbs
Anshu
jawal
thekeyholespy
Hoags
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
Mojo
LeCaptain
pgood
Vandelay
Phoenix30
Sp00nz
Acrobat
TheAvatar
PKC
Tuk Tuk
Hobiesens
The Silfer Server
davetherave
Urkie
asq2
Snuh
wprager
strachattack
dennycrane
Sens4thecup
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Hockeyhero22000
jamvan
PTFlea
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54

Go down  Message [Page 54 of 54]

796Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:00 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Speaking of Smith LTIR/retirement, THN has the top 10 forced retirements of '09 article up. No mention of Smith there.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/articles/27313-THNcom-Top-10-09-forced-retirements.html

10. Manny Fernandez, Goaltender – Dallas, Minnesota, Boston
Fernandez never played more than 58 games in a season and was better
suited to a backup or split-duty role. The 34-year-old won the Jennings
Trophy in 2007 with Niklas Backstrom in Minnesota and accomplished that
same feat last year alongside Tim Thomas in Boston. He has a career
2.50 goals-against average and .912 save percentage.

9. Patrice Brisebois, Defense – Montreal, Colorado
An unsung-hero type, Brisebois, 38, played his 1000th game last year
with the same team it all began with back in 1990, Montreal. He was a
member of the Habs’ last Stanley Cup team in 1993 and finished his
career with 420 points.

8. Mike Sillinger,
Center – Detroit, Anaheim, Vancouver, Philadelphia, Tampa Bay, Florida,
Ottawa, Columbus, Phoenix, St. Louis, Nashville, NY Islanders

Sillinger holds the dubious record – or the “Hey, at least I’m wanted”
record – of being traded 11 times, more than any player in NHL history.
The 11th overall pick in 1989, Sillinger, 38, has played 1,049 regular
season games for 12 teams since getting his first NHL taste in 1990-91.
However, he’s participated in just 43 playoff contests, a sign of being
on some bad squads. Another sign: a career plus-minus mark of minus-191.

7. Manny Legace, Goaltender – Los Angeles, Detroit, St. Louis
It’s a bad year for goalies named Manny. The 36-year-old has a career
2.38 goals-against average and .912 save percentage, but was the victim
of an inglorious squeeze-out last season in St. Louis. He won the
Stanley Cup in a backup role with Detroit in 2002.

6. Darryl Sydor, Defense – Los Angeles, Dallas, Columbus, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh
Never the biggest name on a roster, Sydor won Stanley Cups with Dallas
(1999) and Tampa Bay (2004). Sydor, 37, forged a 17-season career
netting 499 points.

5. Mike Peca, Center – Vancouver, Buffalo, NY Islanders, Edmonton, Toronto, Columbus
In his prime during the late 1990s and early 2000s, Peca, 35, was known
as one of the best defensive forwards in the world. The Selke Trophy
winner in 1997 and 2002 (he was also runner-up in 1998), Peca was also
a four-time 20-goal scorer during they hey-day of the NHL’s dead-puck
era.

4. Jeremy Roenick, Center – Chicago, Phoenix, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, San Jose
One of the greatest quotes ever, J.R., 39, never met a microphone he
didn’t like. He was straight shooter, in more ways than one. Roenick’s
513 goals and 1,216 points make him the third-highest scoring
American-born player.

3. Curtis Joseph, Goaltender – St. Louis, Edmonton, Toronto, Detroit, Phoenix, Calgary
CuJo, as he is known, was one of the best goalies on bad to mediocre
teams in the modern NHL. Joseph, 42, is fourth all-time in regular
season victories (454), but his 352 losses tie him with Gump Worsley
for the highest all-time total in that dubious category. He’ll best be
remembered for leading average teams in Edmonton and Toronto to playoff
upsets.

2. Chris Chelios, Defense – Montreal, Chicago, Detroit
Fourth all-time in NHL games played with 1644, 12th in penalty minutes
with 2,891 and the 10th-highest scoring blueliner ever, Chelios, 47,
won three Norris Trophies (1989, 1993, 1996), was runner-up twice
(1995, 2002) and played his first NHL game in 1983-84. He won Stanley
Cups with Montreal (1986) and Detroit (2002, 2008).

1. Brendan Shanahan, Left Wing – New Jersey, St. Louis, Hartford, Detroit, NY Rangers
Only Luc Robitaille has more goals and points as a left winger than
Shanny and only John Bucyk and Robitaille have more assists. Shanahan,
40, is not only a sure-fire first-ballot Hall of Famer for his on-ice
exploits, he’s been a great ambassador in trying to enhance the game.

797Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:09 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

These guys don't have a contract though, Smith does.

798Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:09 am

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Dan Barnes of the Edmonton Journal suggests it's time for the Oil to give up on Heatley...

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Time+Oilers+give+Heatley/1819478/story.html

799Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:15 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:Dan Barnes of the Edmonton Journal suggests it's time for the Oil to give up on Heatley...

[url=http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Time+Oilers+give+Heatley/1819478/story.html
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/hockey/edmonton-oilers/Time+Oilers+give+Heatley/1819478/story.html[/quote[/url]]

They just mailed the video. Give him time to pop some corn and settle down in his media room at least before making a decision.

800Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:38 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SeawaySensFan wrote:They just mailed the video. Give him time to pop some corn and settle down in his media room at least before making a decision.
The video was mailed last weekend. I'd say that's enough time...

801Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:41 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

shabbs wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:They just mailed the video. Give him time to pop some corn and settle down in his media room at least before making a decision.
The video was mailed last weekend. I'd say that's enough time...

I'm sure that Paul Kelly would agree that Heatley would have responded to the video if he were given the opportunity.

Lay off will ya? Vertigo

802Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:55 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

HA HA! Clearly he hasn't been given the opportunity.

803Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:56 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From the mouth of notorious Sens-hater Bill Watters via anothersensblog:

Here's your news for the day: Bill Watters just announced on Leafs Lunch that Heatley's trade request was built completely around his desire to get away from the rampant drug use in the Ottawa Senators organization. This is on the radio podcast of today's show in the final segment, if you can get it to the final 5:30 minutes of the podcast. From Watters:

"I was at a function with a group of hockey miscreants, and I include myself in there, and was told that Heatley is telling people that he doesn't want to go back to Ottawa because of the alleged, rampant drug use. And I had not heard that and I thought it was strange because as you remember a couple of years ago, there were three Senators who were allegedly on tape, involved in an alleged purchase of some of that Peruvian marching powder and of course they couldn't arrest them, or wouldn't arrest them because they didn't catch them with it on their person..."

804Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:40 pm

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

SeawaySensFan wrote:From the mouth of notorious Sens-hater Bill Watters via anothersensblog:

Here's your news for the day: Bill Watters just announced on Leafs Lunch that Heatley's trade request was built completely around his desire to get away from the rampant drug use in the Ottawa Senators organization. This is on the radio podcast of today's show in the final segment, if you can get it to the final 5:30 minutes of the podcast. From Watters:

"I was at a function with a group of hockey miscreants, and I include myself in there, and was told that Heatley is telling people that he doesn't want to go back to Ottawa because of the alleged, rampant drug use. And I had not heard that and I thought it was strange because as you remember a couple of years ago, there were three Senators who were allegedly on tape, involved in an alleged purchase of some of that Peruvian marching powder and of course they couldn't arrest them, or wouldn't arrest them because they didn't catch them with it on their person..."

I just listened to that....wow....

does it have any legs? is this the start of a huge topic or is it Bill Watters talking out of his butt about a friend and of friend talking?

The "rampant" doesn't give me a real nice feeling but could explain some of the crap play over the past 2 seasons....

805Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:44 pm

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

I don't buy it.  Aside from Spezza, I can't imagine our core group of guys being involved in that kind of thing.  Most of them have families and are respected in the community for their work off the ice.  I realize that is part of their job and we don't know what they're doing behind closed doors but honestly...who on the the current sens team aside from Heatley and Spezza could you picture being involved in that? 

806Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:47 pm

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Cue N4L in 3... 2... 1...

807Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:05 pm

SeawaySensFan wrote:From the mouth of notorious Sens-hater Bill Watters via anothersensblog:

Way to poop on an entire organization. Watters is a jack arse...

808Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:08 pm

BigRig77 wrote:

I just listened to that....wow....

does it have any legs? is this the start of a huge topic or is it Bill Watters talking out of his butt about a friend and of friend talking?

The "rampant" doesn't give me a real nice feeling but could explain some of the crap play over the past 2 seasons....

Are we really supposed to believe that Spezza, Heatley, and Emery were bosom buddies, but Heatley was always the one to 'just say no'?

If this somehow helps us move him.......if not, though, Waters just continues to prove how little intelligence is required to work for Sportsnet.

Last edited by cas on Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

809Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I have a feeling some sanctions are on the way. The way he framed (pun intended) the statements je made very sure that he could not be sued for defamation of character or some-such, but the NHL and especially NHLPA will be very, very unhappy with these unfounded allegations. I would be very surprised if nothing happened. Although we may not ever hear much about any such sanctions, I doubt we'll hear Watter spouting off on this topic again.

810Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:51 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:I have a feeling some sanctions are on the way. The way he framed (pun intended) the statements je made very sure that he could not be sued for defamation of character or some-such, but the NHL and especially NHLPA will be very, very unhappy with these unfounded allegations. I would be very surprised if nothing happened. Although we may not ever hear much about any such sanctions, I doubt we'll hear Watter spouting off on this topic again.

I think you're right.

Enough of this thanks.

I will never watch or lister to that big tool Watters again. He didn't have my respect before this, now he's a reporter to 'avoid like the plague.'

811Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 54 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:57 pm

He has the same stylist as Donald Trump though...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 54 of 54]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 28 ... 52, 53, 54

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum