GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dany Heatley quick hits

+31
beedub
jawal
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
Vandelay
Snuh
jamvan
davetherave
shabbs
Phoenix30
Sens4thecup
Mojo
KidKarlsson
TheAvatar
dennycrane
BigRig
rooneypoo
asq2
SeawaySensFan
Urkie
SensFan71
PTFlea
Riprock
PKC
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
35 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 38]

1Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:34 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Disclaimer: Rumours only. I don't have sources. Just stuff I've read on here and over at other sites.

Although the early favourite seemed to be LA it now appears that a few other teams are uping the ante. The Oilers, Wild, Stars and maybe even the AVs.

- Unknown Author

2Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:40 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Other than their pick, what would the Avalanche send in return?

3Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:43 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Other than their pick, what would the Avalanche send in return?

If it's Paul Stastny and the third overall for Heatley and the 9th overall, I don't think there is a better trade out there to be made.

4Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:43 am

Riprock

Riprock
All-Star
All-Star

And no way does Colorado move that pick, which is very likely Duchene, barring a scenario which has occurred to me, that NY takes Duchene #1 or 2. Matt has all the skills needed to compete - speed, hands, etc. Plus he is a complete player.

Colorado should be out of the equation. Their need is a goalie, and I hope Ottawa doesn't want a guy like Hannan or JML.

5Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:46 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

In this rumoured Colorado deal, do we have to take back salary?

I assume it would be Heatley and Auld to Colorado for the 3rd and Wolski?

6Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:49 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

If it's Paul Stastny and the third overall for Heatley and the 9th overall, I don't think there is a better trade out there to be made.

rather hold onto the 9th, but Statsny is a pretty attractive player, I must admit, do we include Auld and they sweeten the pot a bit more?

7Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:50 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SpezDispenser wrote:In this rumoured Colorado deal, do we have to take back salary?

I assume it would be Heatley and Auld to Colorado for the 3rd and Wolski?

Probably something like that but the Avs are probably hoping to keep that third pick. Believe me, I would absolutely love to have Duchene as would anyone else on this board.

But with Sakic retiring very soon they are probably looking at Duchene as the guy to fill the hole. I just can't see them giving that pick up.

8Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:50 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

As I said when I originally had a hunch Colorado would make a pitch for Heatley, this is a new GM who wants to legitimize himself by improving his team immediately.

I'm not entirely against taking Smyth back if that's what it takes either.

9Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:51 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:As I said when I originally had a hunch Colorado would make a pitch for Heatley, this is a new GM who wants to legitimize himself by improving his team immediately.

I'm not entirely against taking Smyth back if that's what it takes either.

You're joking right?

10Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:52 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It certainly seems like a desperation move if the Avs are willing to throw their 3rd overall pick into a deal for Heatley. I would have to say that would trump any of the other rumoured deals out there.

- Unknown Author

11Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:53 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

SensFan71 wrote:
PKC wrote:

rather hold onto the 9th, but Statsny is a pretty attractive player, I must admit, do we include Auld and they sweeten the pot a bit more?

I think Stasny and the 3rd pick are the only assets that are off limits for them. The Avs would probably trade anything else though.

12Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:54 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Only if it's Smyth and the pick.

13Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:54 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
PKC wrote:

I think Stasny and the 3rd pick are the only assets that are off limits for them. The Avs would probably trade anything else though.

They don't have anything else to trade.

14Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:Only if it's Smyth and the pick.

Probably, that's the only way they might give up the 3rd pick.

15Dany Heatley quick hits Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Actually that's not completely true what I just said. I would entertain them for their 2010 first round pick which could very well end up being first overall given just how Diddle awful their team is right now.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 38]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum