GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dany Heatley quick hits

+31
beedub
jawal
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
Vandelay
Snuh
jamvan
davetherave
shabbs
Phoenix30
Sens4thecup
Mojo
KidKarlsson
TheAvatar
dennycrane
BigRig
rooneypoo
asq2
SeawaySensFan
Urkie
SensFan71
PTFlea
Riprock
PKC
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 38]

556Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 38 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:55 pm

spader

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
spader wrote:TBH, I think Kelly brings a decent skillset to the table. He's great on the PK and good on faceoffs. I would not, however, be upset if we could get a decent return for him. I agree with Phoenix that we need room for some young players to try their hand at the big show. Kelly for a second rounder or mid-level prospect would clear cap and a roster spot.

Thoughts on Kelly for a second rounder?

I'd do that before you could say Jack Rabbit.

Think a second could happen?

Would you take a third?

I don't really know how the market goes when you're trading a good bottom six for picks.

557Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 38 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:01 pm

Phoenix30

Veteran
Veteran

spader wrote:TBH, I think Kelly brings a decent skillset to the table. He's great on the PK and good on faceoffs. I would not, however, be upset if we could get a decent return for him. I agree with Phoenix that we need room for some young players to try their hand at the big show. Kelly for a second rounder or mid-level prospect would clear cap and a roster spot.

Thoughts on Kelly for a second rounder?

Could he be the throw in to any Heatley deal to up the ante and remove a longer termed contract. Edmonton was desperate for a player like him last year on their PK. Moving Kelly helps with the cap hit this coming season but also for the next season when Murray has to sign key RFA's.

558Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 38 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:08 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

With so many teams close to the cap, getting a second rounder for Kelly will be difficult. I think it is a fair trade, but it is a buyer's market right now.

559Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 38 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:08 pm

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Yes, Kelly could be the 'additional money' Murray was referring to.

560Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 38 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:17 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

OTOH, Kelly does bring a (sort of) leadership to the room at a time when the team needs that. He's dedicated to the team, and does his job well. If he doesn't fetch a good return, and there are other ways to clear cap space, then it may be worth keeping him for a year, or at least until the deadline.

561Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 38 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:30 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Completely off topic but this is funny -- our G8 leaders at work:

Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 38 H6X31

562Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 38 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:35 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Completely off topic but this is funny -- our G8 leaders at work:

Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 38 H6X31

Where's the contest for the best quote?

(and no going after the low-hanging fruit - we are all better than that, right?)

563Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 38 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Too bad the second picture is being cut off. Obama is getting an eyeful in that one.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum