GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dany Heatley quick hits

+31
beedub
jawal
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
Vandelay
Snuh
jamvan
davetherave
shabbs
Phoenix30
Sens4thecup
Mojo
KidKarlsson
TheAvatar
dennycrane
BigRig
rooneypoo
asq2
SeawaySensFan
Urkie
SensFan71
PTFlea
Riprock
PKC
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 38]

31Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:09 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:Heatley and the 9th for Stastny and the 3rd is almost a very even trade. Might still be slanted just slightly in our favor, but they are still grabbing, by all indications, quite a good prospect and they get a guy who they can easily market and who can score at least 80 points for them, of which at least 40 will be goals.

I don't think Colorado would do it. Stastny's not as good as Heatley is now, but he's younger and cheaper. Plus, there's the idea of continuity, considering the history his father had with that franchise. Plus, Duchene is a Sakic-successor-type player, and grew up an Avs fan.

And, as was pointed out, they'd have no centre to play with Heatley apart from a 40 year old Sakic or perhaps Wolski, although IIRC they've been putting him on the wing.

I think the best they'd probably offer is Wolski and the 3rd. Even then, I can see them trying to drop salary on us or trying to get the 9th or Elliott out of the equation as well.

32Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:10 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:In this rumoured Colorado deal, do we have to take back salary?

I assume it would be Heatley and Auld to Colorado for the 3rd and Wolski?

Would you add Elliott to the mix if that was what was needed to get it done?

Without one second of hesitation. You?

One second of hesitation for whether or not Leclaire is legit.

Then I'd do it.

33Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:10 pm

SpezDispenser wrote::^^^^: No chance we get Statsny.

Yeah i thought of paul statsny for Dany boy, they should approach Colorado about that. Foligno/Statsny would be a good little combo ...

Cheering

34Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Why not? He's not going to be a Dany Heatley calibre player.

35Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:11 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm pretty confident the poison pill is Smyth. Frankly, if we have to send our 9th and Heatley, I walk away.

I think for the immediate (cap-neutral) impact they should be open to a 9th-less deal. If we kick in a goalie, what the hell.

With a 3rd and a 9th pick, what do you suppose we do next in that case?

36Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:12 pm

Not me, I would give them Auld and c'est tout. If Leclaire comes up injured or stumbles we need Elliot. Auld proved he can only carry the mail for so long.

37Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:14 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:I'm pretty confident the poison pill is Smyth. Frankly, if we have to send our 9th and Heatley, I walk away.

I think for the immediate (cap-neutral) impact they should be open to a 9th-less deal. If we kick in a goalie, what the hell.

With a 3rd and a 9th pick, what do you suppose we do next in that case?

I'd go Duchene/Tavares and OEL/Cowen/Kulikov, or Hedman and then we hope MPS falls/take Kadri, I suppose.

Depends really on what the Isles and Bolts do.

38Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:15 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
One second of hesitation for whether or not Leclaire is legit.

Then I'd do it.

That hesitation has come and gone for me. It'll always be there, but at this point, I want the 3rd and Wolski more than I want Brian Elliot.

39Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:16 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:

Perhaps not, but he could come close. If you look at the level of production he's given, it's quite similar to Heatley's first years in the NHL. At any rate, he's younger and cheaper (and his name holds significance to the organization).

You're definitely not getting him AND Duchene, IMO.

40Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:17 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:Why not? He's not going to be a Dany Heatley calibre player.

They just re-signed him, he's their franchise center. It's not in the cards. The 3rd I even have a hard time believing is one the table, but the 3rd and Statsny? Nah.

41Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:17 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

asq2 wrote:
PKC wrote:

Perhaps not, but he could come close. If you look at the level of production he's given, it's quite similar to Heatley's first years in the NHL. At any rate, he's younger and cheaper (and his name holds significance to the organization).

You're definitely not getting him AND Duchene, IMO.

Exactly, maybe one of them but definitely not both.

42Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

PKC wrote:
Urkie wrote:
PKC wrote:Heatley and the 9th for Stastny and the 3rd is almost a very even trade. Might still be slanted just slightly in our favor, but they are still grabbing, by all indications, quite a good prospect and they get a guy who they can easily market and who can score at least 80 points for them, of which at least 40 will be goals.

Who would be the Avs center then? That's the problem with the deal.

That's certainly not Ottawa's Diddle problem...especially when they are getting Dany Heatley in the trade.

Kelly and/or Zubov for a right-wing prospect?

43Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:35 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:

I don't think Colorado would do it. Stastny's not as good as Heatley is now, but he's younger and cheaper. Plus, there's the idea of continuity, considering the history his father had with that franchise. Plus, Duchene is a Sakic-successor-type player, and grew up an Avs fan.

And, as was pointed out, they'd have no centre to play with Heatley apart from a 40 year old Sakic or perhaps Wolski, although IIRC they've been putting him on the wing.

I think the best they'd probably offer is Wolski and the 3rd. Even then, I can see them trying to drop salary on us or trying to get the 9th or Elliott out of the equation as well.

He is not that much cheaper, though. For a young guy who hasn not proven himself for 2 consecutive seasons he's got a pricetag that pretty much guarantees he'll stay in Colorado. Sure, he was bitten by the injury bug last year, but how do we know that:
1. The bug is gone, and
2. He comes back from those injuries as strong as before?

44Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:50 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:He is not that much cheaper, though. For a young guy who hasn not proven himself for 2 consecutive seasons he's got a pricetag that pretty much guarantees he'll stay in Colorado. Sure, he was bitten by the injury bug last year, but how do we know that:
1. The bug is gone, and

?

He's only played three seasons in the NHL. The first he put up 78 points in 82 games. The second season, he put up 71 points in 66 games - almost a 90 point pace.

45Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:He is not that much cheaper, though. For a young guy who hasn not proven himself for 2 consecutive seasons he's got a pricetag that pretty much guarantees he'll stay in Colorado. Sure, he was bitten by the injury bug last year, but how do we know that:
1. The bug is gone, and

?

He's only played three seasons in the NHL. The first he put up 78 points in 82 games. The second season, he put up 71 points in 66 games - almost a 90 point pace.

Oh, sure, throw facts in my way, why don't you Smile

All I'm saying is that Stastny is not now, nor will he ever be a pure scorer like Heatley. This past year's injuries are troubling me.

46Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:54 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
asq2 wrote:
1. The bug is gone, and

?

All I'm saying is that Stastny is not now, nor will he ever be a pure scorer like Heatley. This past year's injuries are troubling me.

No he's not, but neither will Crosby.

47Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:16 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
asq2 wrote:
1. The bug is gone, and

?

No he's not, but neither will Crosby.

good point, there are only two others that score like Heatley, Kovalchuk and Ovie.

48Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 3 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Bottom line, whether I'm right or wrong, Stastny's compensation is way more than what I'd be comfortable with, even given his stats. That kind of money used to get you a 5-7 year veteran who consistently scored 35-40 goals. He may be that player one day, but he'll probably be getting a raise by then.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum