GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dany Heatley quick hits

+31
beedub
jawal
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
Vandelay
Snuh
jamvan
davetherave
shabbs
Phoenix30
Sens4thecup
Mojo
KidKarlsson
TheAvatar
dennycrane
BigRig
rooneypoo
asq2
SeawaySensFan
Urkie
SensFan71
PTFlea
Riprock
PKC
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 38]

46Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:54 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:He is not that much cheaper, though. For a young guy who hasn not proven himself for 2 consecutive seasons he's got a pricetag that pretty much guarantees he'll stay in Colorado. Sure, he was bitten by the injury bug last year, but how do we know that:
1. The bug is gone, and
2. He comes back from those injuries as strong as before?

?

He's only played three seasons in the NHL. The first he put up 78 points in 82 games. The second season, he put up 71 points in 66 games - almost a 90 point pace.

Oh, sure, throw facts in my way, why don't you Smile

All I'm saying is that Stastny is not now, nor will he ever be a pure scorer like Heatley. This past year's injuries are troubling me.

No he's not, but neither will Crosby.

47Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:16 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:
asq2 wrote:
wprager wrote:He is not that much cheaper, though. For a young guy who hasn not proven himself for 2 consecutive seasons he's got a pricetag that pretty much guarantees he'll stay in Colorado. Sure, he was bitten by the injury bug last year, but how do we know that:
1. The bug is gone, and
2. He comes back from those injuries as strong as before?

?

He's only played three seasons in the NHL. The first he put up 78 points in 82 games. The second season, he put up 71 points in 66 games - almost a 90 point pace.

Oh, sure, throw facts in my way, why don't you Smile

All I'm saying is that Stastny is not now, nor will he ever be a pure scorer like Heatley. This past year's injuries are troubling me.

No he's not, but neither will Crosby.

good point, there are only two others that score like Heatley, Kovalchuk and Ovie.

48Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:18 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Bottom line, whether I'm right or wrong, Stastny's compensation is way more than what I'd be comfortable with, even given his stats. That kind of money used to get you a 5-7 year veteran who consistently scored 35-40 goals. He may be that player one day, but he'll probably be getting a raise by then.

49Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:28 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Bottom line, whether I'm right or wrong, Stastny's compensation is way more than what I'd be comfortable with, even given his stats. That kind of money used to get you a 5-7 year veteran who consistently scored 35-40 goals. He may be that player one day, but he'll probably be getting a raise by then.

Perhaps, although there are a number of people getting paid big money that don't score a lot of goals (Thornton, Savard come to mind, heck Spezza's never scored 35).

All I know is that he's a pretty darn good player and the Avs would have to be nuts to part with a package including both him and the 3rd over-all pick without getting someone like Crosby, Ovechkin or Malkin in return.

Just IMO.

50Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:33 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The funny thing is, depending on where Heatley ends up, we may never know what the other teams offered.

51Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:45 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:The funny thing is, depending on where Heatley ends up, we may never know what the other teams offered.

true enough, but we trust in Murray to get the best possible deal for the team, we really have no choice.

52Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:54 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

http://twitter.com/sunnhl

Don Brennan posted on twitter that the Wild offered a deal Murray liked but is waiting for Heatley's approval.

I just saw this over on HF.

53Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:58 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Urkie wrote:http://twitter.com/sunnhl

Don Brennan posted on twitter that the Wild offered a deal Murray liked but is waiting for Heatley's approval.

The closest Brennan is to the Bell Centre and any NHL GM is the Bar-B-Barn washing down the order of ribs he had with his 5th pint.

54Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:59 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Posted 14 hours ago, though.

55Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

asq2 wrote:Posted 14 hours ago, though.

Well, maybe Heatley is taking his time to think about it. Shrug

I just thought it was kind of cool to see that there might be an end in sight.

56Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:00 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

awfully sketchy on the details I see it is, be nice if it involves Burns.

Last edited by SensFan71 on Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

57Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:01 pm

I would suggest Brennan may be in the 'know' about heavy set girls with lose morals but other than that he is a hack...

58Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:03 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:

Yeah, I think it's in everyone's interest (the Sens, Melnyk, Heatley, us) that it gets done soon. But Brennan's not exactly TSN.

The Kings twitter-guy apparently said that Murray is asking the Kings for 1-2 players and their first-round pick for Heatley.

59Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:05 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

asq2 wrote:Yeah, I think it's in everyone's interest (the Sens, Melnyk, Heatley, us) that it gets done soon. But Brennan's not exactly TSN.

The Kings twitter-guy apparently said that Murray is asking the Kings for 1-2 players and their first-round pick for Heatley.

Senschirp also said in his daily blog that a deal with the Wild was almost done so we know that the Wild have serious interest at least.

And yes the sooner this gets done the better.

60Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:06 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just watched a video where Dreger says that Bryan Murray has talked to 3 GMs so far. He went on to mention SJS, EDM and NYR.

This is getting ridiculous.

61Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:13 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
Urkie wrote:

Yeah, I think it's in everyone's interest (the Sens, Melnyk, Heatley, us) that it gets done soon. But Brennan's not exactly TSN.

Link:

http://twitter.com/LAKingsHockey

62Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:17 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

http://www.senschirp.ca/

(UPDATE-2:05 PM)- Looks as though the Minnesota Wild have
tendered an offer that the Senators really like. The bar has been set.
Now its up to another team to step up to the plate if they wanna better
the trade being proposed by the Wild.

63Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 4 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Do NOT trust Brennan. He makes Garrioch look as connected as The Godfather.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum