GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dany Heatley quick hits

+31
beedub
jawal
Tuk Tuk
The Silfer Server
LethalLehner
Flo The Action
LeCaptain
caissie_1
Hockeyhero22000
Vandelay
Snuh
jamvan
davetherave
shabbs
Phoenix30
Sens4thecup
Mojo
KidKarlsson
TheAvatar
dennycrane
BigRig
rooneypoo
asq2
SeawaySensFan
Urkie
SensFan71
PTFlea
Riprock
PKC
wprager
Cap'n Clutch
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 38]

16Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:54 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:
SensFan71 wrote:
PKC wrote:
wprager wrote:Other than their pick, what would the Avalanche send in return?

If it's Paul Stastny and the third overall for Heatley and the 9th overall, I don't think there is a better trade out there to be made.

rather hold onto the 9th, but Statsny is a pretty attractive player, I must admit, do we include Auld and they sweeten the pot a bit more?

I think Stasny and the 3rd pick are the only assets that are off limits for them. The Avs would probably trade anything else though.

They don't have anything else to trade.

17Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 am

Urkie

Sophomore
Sophomore

wprager wrote:Only if it's Smyth and the pick.

Probably, that's the only way they might give up the 3rd pick.

18Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:55 am

PKC

All-Star
All-Star

Actually that's not completely true what I just said. I would entertain them for their 2010 first round pick which could very well end up being first overall given just how Diddle awful their team is right now.

19Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:56 am

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:As I said when I originally had a hunch Colorado would make a pitch for Heatley, this is a new GM who wants to legitimize himself by improving his team immediately.

I'm not entirely against taking Smyth back if that's what it takes either.

You're joking right?

Yeah, I'm joking.

We're talking about the 3rd overall pick here. If that's the way to get it then why not?

20Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:57 am

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

PKC wrote:They don't have anything else to trade.

I know they don't but it's not like they're going to give up 2 key assets when they're going into a rebuild stage. They might possibly give the 3rd pick if we took Smyth off their hands but they won't give up both Stasny and the 3rd pick.

Last edited by Urkie on Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

21Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:57 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

PKC wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:As I said when I originally had a hunch Colorado would make a pitch for Heatley, this is a new GM who wants to legitimize himself by improving his team immediately.

I'm not entirely against taking Smyth back if that's what it takes either.

You're joking right?

I wouldn't be completely against it if it meant getting a package with Duchene/Hedman/Tavares. The contract sucks, but it's a similar situation to Drury. He's a great role model, he's valuable in the playoffs and he can provide some offence, at least.

I would never trade for him by himself, but if the 3rd over-all pick were in the mix, I'd be more willing to listen.

22Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:59 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:In this rumoured Colorado deal, do we have to take back salary?

I assume it would be Heatley and Auld to Colorado for the 3rd and Wolski?

Would you add Elliott to the mix if that was what was needed to get it done?

23Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:59 am

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:
PKC wrote:They don't have anything else to trade.

I know they don't but it's not like they're going to give up 2 key assets when they're going into a rebuild stage. They might possibly give the 3rd pick if we took Smyth off their hands but they won't give up both Stasny and the 3rd pick.

Heatley and the 9th for Stastny and the 3rd is almost a very even trade. Might still be slanted just slightly in our favor, but they are still grabbing, by all indications, quite a good prospect and they get a guy who they can easily market and who can score at least 80 points for them, of which at least 40 will be goals.

24Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:01 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

PKC wrote:Heatley and the 9th for Stastny and the 3rd is almost a very even trade. Might still be slanted just slightly in our favor, but they are still grabbing, by all indications, quite a good prospect and they get a guy who they can easily market and who can score at least 80 points for them, of which at least 40 will be goals.

Who would be the Avs center then? That's the problem with the deal.

25Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:02 pm

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:
PKC wrote:Heatley and the 9th for Stastny and the 3rd is almost a very even trade. Might still be slanted just slightly in our favor, but they are still grabbing, by all indications, quite a good prospect and they get a guy who they can easily market and who can score at least 80 points for them, of which at least 40 will be goals.

they can draft a center if they want with # 9, we don't care otherwise :^^^^:

26Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:03 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:

That's certainly not Ottawa's Diddle problem...especially when they are getting Dany Heatley in the trade.

27Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:04 pm

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

PKC wrote:That's certainly not Ottawa's Diddle problem...especially when they are getting Dany Heatley in the trade.

No, it's not but it's definitely something the Avs would be thinking about before they commit to making a trade with us.

28Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:06 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

asq2 wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:In this rumoured Colorado deal, do we have to take back salary?

Without one second of hesitation. You?

29Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:08 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

:^^^^: No chance we get Statsny.

30Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:08 pm

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

Urkie wrote:
PKC wrote:That's certainly not Ottawa's Diddle problem...especially when they are getting Dany Heatley in the trade.

No, it's not but it's definitely something the Avs would be thinking about before they commit to making a trade with us.

I guess they could always wait until next year to get Taylor Hall with their first overall pick.... Sarcasm

31Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:09 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

I don't think Colorado would do it. Stastny's not as good as Heatley is now, but he's younger and cheaper. Plus, there's the idea of continuity, considering the history his father had with that franchise. Plus, Duchene is a Sakic-successor-type player, and grew up an Avs fan.

And, as was pointed out, they'd have no centre to play with Heatley apart from a 40 year old Sakic or perhaps Wolski, although IIRC they've been putting him on the wing.

I think the best they'd probably offer is Wolski and the 3rd. Even then, I can see them trying to drop salary on us or trying to get the 9th or Elliott out of the equation as well.

32Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:10 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

SpezDispenser wrote:
asq2 wrote:

Without one second of hesitation. You?

One second of hesitation for whether or not Leclaire is legit.

Then I'd do it.

33Dany Heatley quick hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Dany Heatley quick hits Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:10 pm

SpezDispenser wrote::^^^^: No chance we get Statsny.

Yeah i thought of paul statsny for Dany boy, they should approach Colorado about that. Foligno/Statsny would be a good little combo ...

Cheering

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 38]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum