GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Summer Dany Heatley hits

+38
beerandsens
M_Christopher
beedub
SensGirl11
shabbs
Anshu
jawal
thekeyholespy
Hoags
Riprock
SeawaySensFan
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
Mojo
LeCaptain
pgood
Vandelay
Phoenix30
Sp00nz
Acrobat
TheAvatar
PKC
Tuk Tuk
Hobiesens
The Silfer Server
davetherave
Urkie
asq2
Snuh
wprager
strachattack
dennycrane
Sens4thecup
Flo The Action
rooneypoo
Hockeyhero22000
jamvan
PTFlea
42 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28 ... 54  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 54]

16Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens4thecup wrote:McKenzie also mentioned a defenseman as well. Thoughts???

what i've heard in the last 2 weeks from different news agencies is gilbert. i like gilbert but if we're gonna take some D can we not take Visnovsky or sourray? well maybe not with penner combined... unless they take smith? FingersCrossed

17Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens4thecup wrote:Shag it! If Murray has to fork over the 4 mill bonus, the price tag must certainly go up as well. I would also think that Vancouver has to be throwing their hat into the Heatley ring.

no, this would be happening tonight!

18Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:08 pm

dennycrane

Veteran
Veteran

From the Sun..

A deal

For Dany Heatley is close to happening.
Needs his approval.
My belief is Edmonton _ possibly for Dustin Penner and either Tom Gilbert or Ladislav Smid.
Sharks, Rangers and Wild are also interested.
Naturally this can all still fall apart.
Bouwmeester just signed. Maybe Calgary will send D Dion Phaneuf to Ottawa.

19Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:10 pm

dennycrane wrote:From the Sun..

A deal

Needs his approval.
My belief is Edmonton _ possibly for Dustin Penner and either Tom Gilbert or Ladislav Smid.

Sounds like the same old bs speculation. The fact that its from the Sun doesn't make it any more believable either...

20Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:11 pm

A deal

Needs his approval.
I hope that Edmonton deal is not true. We actually lose cap space and our team gets worse.

21Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:20 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

A deal

Needs his approval.

F'ing BARF. I'll eat my stinky old JD gym hat if the deal is Heatley for Penner / Smid. That, or I will become a Leaf fan. Because if it happens, we will have become the laughing stock of the league.

No chance on this one. (r5)

22Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:22 pm

I'll take Penner, Eberle and a 1st for Heatley. I would like to get some cap space as well as a prospect and pick at the least.

23Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:25 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

Seriously, this sounds like a f'ing EDM fan's wet dream.

I can play this game, too:

Christoph Schubert + Jason Smith for Dion Phaneuf. Done deal! Swirlings and dominos! (r5)

Waaay too many people out to lunch on this one. They seem to forget that we're talking about Dany Heatley and not Chris Kelly.

24Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:27 pm

If the Edmonton deal is right we would be better off with the rumored Rangers Deal of Roszival and Zheredev. At least the cap room would only be 5 million for 3 more years and you could just qualify zheredev

25Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:45 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

In both cases, I think we're better off trying to Diddle ourselves with our own Wang. At least that way we're Diddle ourselves in the Donkey, and not someone else.

26Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:47 pm

rooneypoo wrote:In both cases, I think we're better off trying to Diddle ourselves with our own Wang. At least that way we're Diddle ourselves in the Donkey, and not someone else.

Yep your right..couple that with the fact that if he wants out so badly (and to play in the olympics) he'll have to play much better...

27Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:17 pm

strachattack

strachattack
Rookie
Rookie

Just watched Sportsnet and Kypreos is claiming a deal is on the table from Edmonton that involves Cogliano as the centrepiece. They speculated it could also involve Penner and Smid but Cogs is the centrepiece. Right now, it's being held up by Heatley's camp. He needs to accept because Edmonton wasn't on his list of teams he wanted moved too. Of course, they found this funny. He requests a trade yet once one is presented he balks.

Is Cogs worth it as a centrepiece? I know very little about him.

28Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:20 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's not worth a centerpiece to me, no. I would hope at least Gilbert is coming back.

29Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:21 pm

rooneypoo

rooneypoo
All-Star
All-Star

More than ever, I'm 100% convinced that the people who say they know something about who we might be negotiating with and what we might be getting in return for Heatley don't know Dung.

Pronger has been traded twice in the last three years and both times he got a massive return in terms of young players, prospects, and picks. Someone will pay something similar for Heatley. If we get stuck with a Penner of Roszival in the process, so be it -- but they're definitely not going to be the centrepiece of any deal.

$7.5 mil dollars says we wouldn't have to deal with BS rumours like these if it wasn't an Ottawa Senator we were dealing with -- if it were Crosby or Zetterberg or Thornton or Savard or Kovalchuk or any other of the 10-15 or so players in the league who hold the kind of value that Heatley does. As a bunch of closet Leaf fans, the Toronto-centric media is simply incapable of treating the issue fairly.

Penner and Smid for Heatley. Diddle. I've never seen in all my life such disgusting misrepresentation and misinformation and devaluing of someone who, only a month ago, everyone acknowledged a legitimate superstar.

30Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:25 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I agree Rooney, I don't know if it's me overvaluing Heatley - or others undervaluing him - or overvaluing their own players. Not impressed so far.

31Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But what if it's not misinformation and devaluation? Pronger asked for a trade once, reportedly because of his wife. Heatley has now asked out twice, and this time it was because he didn't like the coach treating him equally. Pronger is not asking to be moved, and did not have a mediocre season. It is entirely possible that some GMs may be saying enough of this, let him prove it he's worth it first.

32Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:31 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I don't think teams want Heatley to prove much - however, it must be disconcerting to Heatley to see the definite lack of interest in his services thus far. BIG blow to the ego I would think.

33Summer Dany Heatley hits - Page 2 Empty Re: Summer Dany Heatley hits Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:33 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

SpezDispenser wrote:I agree Rooney, I don't know if it's me overvaluing Heatley - or others undervaluing him - or overvaluing their own players. Not impressed so far.

I'd rather not have a deal done just to get him out. I know it's not me writing that $4M check, but still. At his worst, Heatley will probably still score 35 goals. Why not just keep him.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 54]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28 ... 54  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum