GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the LEAST return you could live with for Heatley?

+15
jamvan
wprager
Mojo
LeCaptain
beedub
Vandelay
Tuk Tuk
Flo The Action
TeamRenzo
Sens4thecup
SensFan71
BigRig
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Now that it looks like Murray is stuck between a rock and a hard place with Heatley, what is the least return that you could live with.

I think that a deal for a top 6 forward with short term salary, and a young forward with potential.

For example Ryan Clowe (RFA) and Patrick Marleau (6.3M for one year) for Heatley and one of, or combination of Smith/Picard/Schubert/Kelly.

This would "fill the gap" this year and provide Cap flexibility next year.

Another example would be Alexander Frolov (2.9M for one year) and Oscar Moller (2 years left on his entry level deal).

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

After we pick up 4 million on his deal for next year?

A player (60 point forward), a prospect and TWO 1st round picks...

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

SeawaySensFan wrote:After we pick up 4 million on his deal for next year?

That's your bare minimum I'll live with it if that's the least I get?

Come on SSF. That is what you want and that is what you clearly expect but that's the bare bones minimum you'd live with kind of deal?

If so what is the High end of the return you expect to get for Heatley then? 3 first rounders, a couple 60 point forwards and 2 prospects??? Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I would take strictly prospects and picks if possible. Clear the money and go shopping on July 1.

BigRig

BigRig
Rookie
Rookie

dennycrane wrote:I would take strictly prospects and picks if possible. Clear the money and go shopping on July 1.

Maybe we should just get Hossa back and complete the cycle? cool)

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

For me the minimum I'd live with is Pick(s) and prospect(s) with little to no salary coming back.

- Unknown Author

I we do this before July 1, which I am thinking is slim, we do picks/prospects and do our own shopping. Heavy on the prospects though because picks now are an extra year away and not set in terms of order....

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Cap'n Clutch wrote:For me the minimum I'd live with is Pick(s) and prospect(s) with little to no salary coming back.

agreed, no salary, but I would up it to two prospects (good ones, not mediocre) and a pick from next year in another deep draft.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:After we pick up 4 million on his deal for next year?

That's your bare minimum I'll live with it if that's the least I get?

Come on SSF. That is what you want and that is what you clearly expect but that's the bare bones minimum you'd live with kind of deal?

If so what is the High end of the return you expect to get for Heatley then? 3 first rounders, a couple 60 point forwards and 2 prospects??? Ahhhhh!

That's what I expect. Look at the Pronger deal. Philly only gets him for a year and they are paying his FULL salary next year. This is a unique situation. The buyer gets a star for 4 million and we essentially would get a 2nd liner for 7 million.

At the high end, I would expect a blue-chip prospect in lieu of a "good" or promising prospect and another pick in a later round.

So, 60 point guy, blue chip prosect, 2 firsts and an additional pick.

1st round pick, top flight prospect, and a top 6 forward.

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Dustin Brown (At least)

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

The Sens have zero obligation to trade Heately, what is wrong with expecting a solid return?

Sens4thecup wrote:Dustin Brown (At least)

Brown for Heatley straight up would be in the Sens favour, just so you know.

Probably by a large margin as well.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

top 6 foward, top prospect. top top TOP prospect 1st round pick plus 2nd round pick.

You're dreaming bud.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum