GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the LEAST return you could live with for Heatley?

+15
jamvan
wprager
Mojo
LeCaptain
beedub
Vandelay
Tuk Tuk
Flo The Action
TeamRenzo
Sens4thecup
SensFan71
BigRig
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Sens4thecup wrote:Dustin Brown (At least)

Brown for Heatley straight up would be in the Sens favour, just so you know.

Probably by a large margin as well.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

top 6 foward, top prospect. top top TOP prospect 1st round pick plus 2nd round pick.

You're dreaming bud.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

TeamRenzo wrote:The Sens have zero obligation to trade Heately, what is wrong with expecting a solid return?

there is absolutely nothing wrong with expecting a solid return, will we get one, time shall tell.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Honestly, there is no bear minimum for me, I just want this guy off the team.

A bag of pucks would be fine, the cap space and unity in the locker room is worth it.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Big T wrote:Honestly, there is no bear minimum for me, I just want this guy off the team.

A bag of pucks would be fine, the cap space and unity in the locker room is worth it.

Then we are telling everyone in that locker room and any potential addition to that room that they are free to make any demands they wish because they will get moved for the sake of being moved.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Big T wrote:Honestly, there is no bear minimum for me, I just want this guy off the team.

Then we are telling everyone in that locker room and any potential addition to that room that they are free to make any demands they wish because they will get moved for the sake of being moved.

which would promote even worse chemistry then we are dealing with right now I figure, not saying I am 100% right, but figure that is how it would go.

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

In a perfect world, a top 6 forward (good for at least 30 goals), a solid prospect, and a pick.  With our trade window getting smaller, I would settle for a prospect that has the potential to be in our top 6 for this coming season, another prospect with solid potential (more of a project) and a pick.  Because of our limited time, we're taking more risk with a prospect that may or may not turn out instead of a proven T6F.I still think the most likely scenario is a big salary coming back our way.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

SSF, that's a pretty expensive stance to take.

Heatley has gone from being an integral part of this squad to an absolute liability in the space of ....what, two months.

We don't need a return to the malcontent Emery/McGratton days. This dressing room has gone through way too much Dung to put up with it again.

Don't forget that Heatley has Spezza's ear. They are buds. If they keep Heatley around, then watch for Spez to have a nosedive season.

Move him. Plain and simple. Take back salary for salary. A la Marleau +, a la Campbell. Campbell makes the most sense, as you would be moving liability for liability.

I don't see them getting the rosy return anticipated by many on this site. Now moving Spezza would garner your dream return, but I digress.......

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Look what happened with Boston trading Thornton. Now I know Thornton is better, and didnt ask to be traded, but just trading him allowed the team to become much better over time.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

SensFan71 wrote:
SeawaySensFan wrote:

which would promote even worse chemistry then we are dealing with right now I figure, not saying I am 100% right, but figure that is how it would go.

Anybody else trying to pull this Dung would have the door slammed in their face. Even if Heatley was a 4 million player, I'd take a hard stance. Anyone else wants to play games, then if I were Murray I would take a hard-a$$ approach.

Big T wrote:Look what happened with Boston trading Thornton. Now I know Thornton is better, and didnt ask to be traded, but just trading him allowed the team to become much better over time.

Demanding a trade makes this situation 100% different. You cant just give the guy his wish, sends the wrong message and the organization looks beyond weak.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

beedub wrote:SSF, that's a pretty expensive stance to take.

Heatley has gone from being an integral part of this squad to an absolute liability in the space of ....what, two months.

We don't need a return to the malcontent Emery/McGratton days. This dressing room has gone through way too much Dung to put up with it again.

Don't forget that Heatley has Spezza's ear. They are buds. If they keep Heatley around, then watch for Spez to have a nosedive season.

Move him. Plain and simple. Take back salary for salary. A la Marleau +, a la Campbell. Campbell makes the most sense, as you would be moving liability for liability.

I don't see them getting the rosy return anticipated by many on this site. Now moving Spezza would garner your dream return, but I digress.......

You're right. I'd take that salary back, other than that I believe my expectations are reasonable as they've been laid out.

Those 2 first rounders are crapshoots as they may be as low as 30th overall.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
Big T wrote:Look what happened with Boston trading Thornton. Now I know Thornton is better, and didnt ask to be traded, but just trading him allowed the team to become much better over time.

Demanding a trade makes this situation 100% different. You cant just give the guy his wish, sends the wrong message and the organization looks beyond weak.

we are already weak enough on the ice, we don't need that reputation in other facets of the game.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

Okay, I see what you guys are saying, and I agree. Trading him just for the sake of trading him wont help us.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:You're dreaming bud.

That was top 6 foward, top prospect. OR top top TOP prospect 1st round pick plus 2nd round pick.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Big T wrote:Okay, I see what you guys are saying, and I agree. Trading him just for the sake of trading him wont help us.

It will help us a lot more than keeping him for the sake of keeping him.

Keeping him means finishing bottom 3 in the league this year......who is projected #1 in the 2010 draft......

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Tyler Myers? Razz (Ek's newest rumor about Heatley to Buf)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum