GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the LEAST return you could live with for Heatley?

+15
jamvan
wprager
Mojo
LeCaptain
beedub
Vandelay
Tuk Tuk
Flo The Action
TeamRenzo
Sens4thecup
SensFan71
BigRig
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

You won't hear anything from me. I fully expect him to not get even close to value in a Heater trade. But when a player makes a statement like that, making the kind of money Heatley does, with his role on this team, you have no choice but to move him.

Now take a lesser player trying to take the same stance....."PFFFT. Sit your Diddle Donkey down until you are ready to play. Your Donkey is going NOWHERE

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
marakh wrote:I guess nobody listened to Tim Murray on Healthy (Summer) Scrateches this afternoon Facepalm .

So, apparently he read some proposals on the web this morning. He mentionned specifically the LA rumour (top 6F, JJ and 1st overall).
Then he basically said, if that kind of offer was on the table, Heatley would have been on a plane in the following seconds...
He then said, they know they have to take salary back and they know the deal would NOT be in the Sens' favour. But even considering the fact that they expect to take salary back, there were 0 satisfying offer.

It's time to wake up, I think the Roszival + Zherdev rumour was the only legit offer we had Facepalm .

you know frack that! i'd rather keep him and make him play. ike i said before, he's way to interested in his stats to not put in at least 35 goals.

now apparently the only 2 teams involved in heatley now are NYR and edmonton. who would you take from either team to make this work..? and i'm talking about not getting the best deal but an OK deal that murray won't get linched for.

my picks NYR: zhedev, stall and 1st (that way we get stall and a possible top 15 pick((stall and ruttuu, haha)
Edmonton: penner, cogs or gilbert and Eberle ((preferably cogs))

anything less and we can wait till the trade deadline...

Do you not remember when this dressing room was divided and they played like Dung? This team does not need that again. We were close to being the laughing stock of the league (Dung, we may be the laughing stock of this league). I'd rather a team full of lunch pail players and Spezza, a team that come to the rink everyday and plays their Donkey off each game and practice.

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

To be perfectly honest I'd rather the Sens go through a horrible season with Heatley, pick up a top 5 pick in 2010 than get fleeced in a trade for Heatley. Sorry but I'm quite happy if the team tanks next year and we end up with a ridiculously good pick in 2010. In fact I'd be rooting for 30th.

Note to SSF: I know management and ownership would do all in there power to not let that happen and desperately want a playoff spot to improve attendance and season ticket base so you don't need to remind me.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

Mojo wrote:I can't believe how deflated people are right now. I know this situation sucks, but Murray needs to stick to his guns. He CANNOT lower his expectations. You only get to make this trade once. This deal is only worth making if it helps the Sens out in the long run. I would rather this situation drag out into next season than get a poor return, even if it goes to next trade deadline. If you just give him away, you're giving up on the future of the team. Someone will take him and pay up an appropriate price.

For all those people with lowered expectations, you better not criticize Murray in a year's time if he does get a poor return.

Are you kidding, they will be the first to criticize Murray!

I agree with you, Murray does need to stick to his guns. Pretty good chance his job is on the line with this Heatley debacle.

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:To be perfectly honest I'd rather the Sens go through a horrible season with Heatley, pick up a top 5 pick in 2010 than get fleeced in a trade for Heatley. Sorry but I'm quite happy if the team tanks next year and we end up with a ridiculously good pick in 2010. In fact I'd be rooting for 30th.

Note to SSF: I know management and ownership would do all in there power to not let that happen and desperately want a playoff spot to improve attendance and season ticket base so you don't need to remind me.

Note to you: How about a nice warm glass of shut the hell up!!!

I didn't mean that of course. In fact, I'm on board with 30th overall this coming season. Specially if it's a direct result of letting Heatley rot in Ottawa.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'd prefer it on ice. Wink It's a good thing I didn't actually say anything, I only typed it. Smile

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'd prefer it on ice. Wink It's a good thing I didn't actually say anything, I only typed it. Smile

Yeah. I think I'm ready to have a summer now. Too much offseason Dung for my liking this year.

Of course, like a sucker, I'll be watching all 82 games next year and cheering the team on. :^:

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll be watching most of the games as well. I just hope if we're in the bottom 5 teams next season that most of our losses come on the road. As a season ticket holder I want to see wins at home. I know selfish eh?

- Unknown Author

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I'll be watching most of the games as well. I just hope if we're in the bottom 5 teams next season that most of our losses come on the road. As a season ticket holder I want to see wins at home. I know selfish eh?

With the kind of lettuce you gotta lay out, you're entitled to be selfish.

This sort of goes back to my demand for 2 first-rounders. You can't really attach a value to them because you can't really predict where those picks will fall.

First round picks got a lot less valuable as of late Friday night.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

It's going to be an interesting year having committed to a full season with a little one at home. I'm thinking we're going to drop to a half season next year. Priorities have changed. Hey wow I have smilies and buttons back...for now. :n:

- Unknown Author

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:To be perfectly honest I'd rather the Sens go through a horrible season with Heatley, pick up a top 5 pick in 2010 than get fleeced in a trade for Heatley. Sorry but I'm quite happy if the team tanks next year and we end up with a ridiculously good pick in 2010. In fact I'd be rooting for 30th.

100% in agreement there. We missed the playoffs, the spell is broken. Now we know (again) how the other half of the NHL fans feel. And other than a longer summer, what is the difference? Heatley rotting here until March (or longer) won't make or break our chances at the Cup; the difference is more likelyto be one or two rounds of playoffs -- the disappointment would just take a few weeks longer to get there.

So, why not wait? If there's no good offers now, then the return *will* be better later. Meanwhile, we'll have a disgruntled winger who will still score 35-40 goals (maybe more, with an improved transition game powered by Karlsson and others).

But before any of that can happen, Heatley *must* make peace with his team mates. He'll be in town soon for Spezza's wedding, couldn't be a better time than that.

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

wprager wrote:

100% in agreement there. We missed the playoffs, the spell is broken. Now we know (again) how the other half of the NHL fans feel. And other than a longer summer, what is the difference? Heatley rotting here until March (or longer) won't make or break our chances at the Cup; the difference is more likelyto be one or two rounds of playoffs -- the disappointment would just take a few weeks longer to get there.

So, why not wait? If there's no good offers now, then the return *will* be better later. Meanwhile, we'll have a disgruntled winger who will still score 35-40 goals (maybe more, with an improved transition game powered by Karlsson and others).

But before any of that can happen, Heatley *must* make peace with his team mates. He'll be in town soon for Spezza's wedding, couldn't be a better time than that.
I was reading somewhere today that he was with many of them for Spezza's bachelor party so he is probably good with those guys (or at least as good as he is going to get). If he ends up playing th better part of the season here next year, he needs to make peace with the fans. It won't help anyone if he faces waves of boos from the crowd every time he touches the puck.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

30th place... Taylor Hall :drooling: ....
getting serious i doubt that will happen. at any rate i would not want to sit in front of my TV watching my team lose each night while looking over at my satelite bill which i have to pay cuz i can't get any sens game in montreal!

this season was bad enough. thankfuly we got to witness the start of the clouston era. :KKK:

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:30th place... Taylor Hall :drooling: ....

I saw Rush, Mahogany Rush and Bull Rush at Taylor Hall in the early 70s.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:30th place... Taylor Hall :drooling: ....

I saw Rush, Mahogany Rush and Bull Rush at Taylor Hall in the early 70s.

hum i think i recognise a joke when i hear one but Taylor Hall windsor spitfire... expected to go 1st next year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Mojo wrote:
I was reading somewhere today that he was with many of them for Spezza's bachelor party so he is probably good with those guys (or at least as good as he is going to get). If he ends up playing th better part of the season here next year, he needs to make peace with the fans. It won't help anyone if he faces waves of boos from the crowd every time he touches the puck.

That might have been awkward, eh? But they were all there for Spezza (and probably the entertainment). Heatley just happened to be invited. Just because he was at the party doesn't mean they were OK with him. I wonder if Neil was there?

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

Apparently Atlanta is inquiring, but Heatley would not go back there would he?

The Ribeiro and Brunstromm is coming up again...can you say; no thanks!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

jamvan wrote:Apparently Atlanta is inquiring, but Heatley would not go back there would he?

The Ribeiro and Brunstromm is coming up again...can you say; no thanks!

why? i don't think that deal is far off from being ok. ad a 1st in there and i could swallow it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum