GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's the LEAST return you could live with for Heatley?

+15
jamvan
wprager
Mojo
LeCaptain
beedub
Vandelay
Tuk Tuk
Flo The Action
TeamRenzo
Sens4thecup
SensFan71
BigRig
dennycrane
Cap'n Clutch
SeawaySensFan
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:You're dreaming bud.

That was top 6 foward, top prospect. OR top top TOP prospect 1st round pick plus 2nd round pick.

beedub

Veteran
Veteran

Big T wrote:Okay, I see what you guys are saying, and I agree. Trading him just for the sake of trading him wont help us.

It will help us a lot more than keeping him for the sake of keeping him.

Keeping him means finishing bottom 3 in the league this year......who is projected #1 in the 2010 draft......

Sens4thecup

Rookie
Rookie

Tyler Myers? Razz (Ek's newest rumor about Heatley to Buf)

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

beedub wrote:
Big T wrote:Okay, I see what you guys are saying, and I agree. Trading him just for the sake of trading him wont help us.

Keeping him means finishing bottom 3 in the league this year......who is projected #1 in the 2010 draft......
Let's not kid ourselves...if we don't trade him before July 1st, we're in rough shape either way.  Trading him makes the organization look weak and sends the wrong message to current and future players.  Waiting to trade him more than likely means diminishing his trade value.  I will say, I'm very curious to see how Heatley plays this once July 1st comes and goes.

Tuk Tuk

Tuk Tuk
Veteran
Veteran

beedub wrote:

Taylor Hall.....he's definitely worth it.

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

i wouldn't see us as a bottom 3 team with keeping heatley here, unless we just sat him, and even then, we will still be better than bottom 3.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

I guess nobody listened to Tim Murray on Healthy (Summer) Scrateches this afternoon Facepalm .

So, apparently he read some proposals on the web this morning. He mentionned specifically the LA rumour (top 6F, JJ and 1st overall).
Then he basically said, if that kind of offer was on the table, Heatley would have been on a plane in the following seconds...
He then said, they know they have to take salary back and they know the deal would NOT be in the Sens' favour. But even considering the fact that they expect to take salary back, there were 0 satisfying offer.

It's time to wake up, I think the Roszival + Zherdev rumour was the only legit offer we had Facepalm .

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuup

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

marakh wrote:I guess nobody listened to Tim Murray on Healthy (Summer) Scrateches this afternoon Facepalm .

So, apparently he read some proposals on the web this morning. He mentionned specifically the LA rumour (top 6F, JJ and 1st overall).
Then he basically said, if that kind of offer was on the table, Heatley would have been on a plane in the following seconds...
He then said, they know they have to take salary back and they know the deal would NOT be in the Sens' favour. But even considering the fact that they expect to take salary back, there were 0 satisfying offer.

It's time to wake up, I think the Roszival + Zherdev rumour was the only legit offer we had Facepalm .

I think we just went from "summer" to "bummer".

Hmmm. I hope LA reconsiders. Maybe we can wrangle a deal for Double-J for Heatley straight up. Please, please, please, please...

I wonder who's the absolute Dung player in Minnesota. Maybe we can get him if we offer Heatley and our first round pick from next year. Nobody wants to be stuck with scoring after all.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

marakh wrote:I guess nobody listened to Tim Murray on Healthy (Summer) Scrateches this afternoon Facepalm .

Could be worse......could be Redden and Zherdev Thumbs Down

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

So what is worse? Two shaky yet serviceable players, or Heatley.

God Damnit, I cannot believe we are having this discussion.

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

May be if we lower the expectations (like really low), we might be satisfied with the final trade. :^^^^:

It's actually not funny at all :KJK:

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

you know frack that! i'd rather keep him and make him play. ike i said before, he's way to interested in his stats to not put in at least 35 goals.

now apparently the only 2 teams involved in heatley now are NYR and edmonton. who would you take from either team to make this work..? and i'm talking about not getting the best deal but an OK deal that murray won't get linched for.

my picks NYR: zhedev, stall and 1st (that way we get stall and a possible top 15 pick((stall and ruttuu, haha)
Edmonton: penner, cogs or gilbert and Eberle ((preferably cogs))

anything less and we can wait till the trade deadline...

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

I hope Murray AND Heatley are invited to Spezza's wedding. I'll trade Heatley just to get the tape of those two face-to-face. Smile

Mojo

Mojo
Rookie
Rookie

I can't believe how deflated people are right now. I know this situation sucks, but Murray needs to stick to his guns. He CANNOT lower his expectations. You only get to make this trade once. This deal is only worth making if it helps the Sens out in the long run. I would rather this situation drag out into next season than get a poor return, even if it goes to next trade deadline. If you just give him away, you're giving up on the future of the team. Someone will take him and pay up an appropriate price.

For all those people with lowered expectations, you better not criticize Murray in a year's time if he does get a poor return.

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

You won't hear anything from me. I fully expect him to not get even close to value in a Heater trade. But when a player makes a statement like that, making the kind of money Heatley does, with his role on this team, you have no choice but to move him.

Now take a lesser player trying to take the same stance....."PFFFT. Sit your Diddle Donkey down until you are ready to play. Your Donkey is going NOWHERE

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:

you know frack that! i'd rather keep him and make him play. ike i said before, he's way to interested in his stats to not put in at least 35 goals.

now apparently the only 2 teams involved in heatley now are NYR and edmonton. who would you take from either team to make this work..? and i'm talking about not getting the best deal but an OK deal that murray won't get linched for.

my picks NYR: zhedev, stall and 1st (that way we get stall and a possible top 15 pick((stall and ruttuu, haha)
Edmonton: penner, cogs or gilbert and Eberle ((preferably cogs))

anything less and we can wait till the trade deadline...

Do you not remember when this dressing room was divided and they played like Dung? This team does not need that again. We were close to being the laughing stock of the league (Dung, we may be the laughing stock of this league). I'd rather a team full of lunch pail players and Spezza, a team that come to the rink everyday and plays their Donkey off each game and practice.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

To be perfectly honest I'd rather the Sens go through a horrible season with Heatley, pick up a top 5 pick in 2010 than get fleeced in a trade for Heatley. Sorry but I'm quite happy if the team tanks next year and we end up with a ridiculously good pick in 2010. In fact I'd be rooting for 30th.

Note to SSF: I know management and ownership would do all in there power to not let that happen and desperately want a playoff spot to improve attendance and season ticket base so you don't need to remind me.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum