GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

EJ Hradek and NHL Live Reporting Dany Heatley has requested a trade

+30
Flo The Action
Sp00nz
beerandsens
asq2
strachattack
andyman998
sennies1980
Mojo
KidKarlsson
Hayden
Hockeyhero22000
jamvan
BigRig
Riprock
TheAvatar
Phoenix30
SensGirl11
The Silfer Server
Urkie
Dezza
PKC
LeCaptain
SensFan71
davetherave
dennycrane
SeawaySensFan
shabbs
Cap'n Clutch
wprager
PTFlea
34 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 67]

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's no link, but apparently EJ Hradek has just said that Dany Heatley has officially asked for a trade to the Ottawa Senators management.

If this is true, I denounce him as the biggest loser in the history of sports - and I also look forward to the MASSIVE package we would get back for him.

If it's not true, EJ Hradek should be made to step down immediately. I'm serious.

I TOLD PEOPLE!!!!!!!! I KNEW HE WANTED OUT!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Why am I not surprised? Oh, because of the way he played? He certainly did not look like he wanted to continue playing here. If this is true then we can finally give the 'A' to someone who deserves it.

We need a poll.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So the hunt is on for a new nick name for Heater?

- Unknown Author

IF this goes down, I am offically behind Spezza in the sense that it is no longer an issue with his contract and term, NOW we need to work with him. Tons of time now.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm quite surprised at this... why would Heater want a trade?

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Hockeycentral at Noon is reporting this as well...

Heatley to Columbus for Filatov and a 1st.

Am I asking too much? Shrug

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neely4Life wrote:I TOLD PEOPLE!!!!!!!! I KNEW HE WANTED OUT!

Yes you did, old friend, yes you did...

Let the bidding begin!

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Change of scenery? Dany Heatley may want out of Ottawa

Tuesday, June 9, 2009 | Feedback | Print Entry

PITTSBURGH -- Is Senators winger Dany Heatley seeking his ticket out of Ottawa? Sources tell me that is the case.

According to those sources, Ottawa GM Bryan Murray has been notified of Heatley's desire for a change of scenery and is mulling his options. On the record, though, Murray said Heatley is still a Senator.

"We signed him to a long-term deal and we expect him to honor it," Murray told ESPN.com's Pierre LeBrun on Tuesday morning. "At this point in time, he's a Senator."

Murray could retool the Senators' roster by moving Heatley. Of course, any trading partner would have to have the budget room necessary to accommodate the remaining five years of Heatley's deal, which counts for $7.5 million against the cap. Heatley is thought to be interested in a move to the Western Conference.

The 28-year-old power forward signed a six-year, $45 million contract extension (complete with a no-trade clause) with the Senators in Oct. 2007, just four months after helping the club to its first Cup finals appearance. Since then, however, the Senators have plummeted down the Eastern Conference standings, missing the playoffs this past season.

Last season, Heatley scored 39 goals and totaled 72 points in 82 games. Those were his lowest single-season goal and point totals in his four seasons in Ottawa. He put up back-to-back 50-goal, 100-point campaigns during the 2005-06 and 2006-07 seasons.

He has been playing like he wanted to be asked for a trade for a loooong time now, heartless, inconsistant, and always a downer in the media.

Good on him, I thought this might gain some legs sooner or later and now it has.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Now I know why they Spezza is going nowhere.

Hey NYI - wanna make a deal? Smile

When did heatley become a power forward? confused

SeawaySensFan wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:I TOLD PEOPLE!!!!!!!! I KNEW HE WANTED OUT!

Yes you did, old friend, yes you did...

Let the bidding begin!

N4L nails another one... am I always right? I think so....

McGrattan, then Emery, now Heatley.

dennycrane

dennycrane
Veteran
Veteran

Let's face it - finding a top winger is a lot easier than a top center. It is also obvious that the Sens need to clear space. Heatley moving at the draft to another team could be a big thing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 67]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum