GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Murray speaks out about Heatley trade request

+17
asq2
duffyforever
rooneypoo
Acrobat
wprager
LeCaptain
Havlat9
SensGirl11
PKC
TeamRenzo
jamvan
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
Urkie
PTFlea
davetherave
shabbs
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

jamvan

Veteran
Veteran

Just to note, it was Heatley himself who leaked this info.

shabbs

Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:Just to note, it was Heatley himself who leaked this info.
You mean that he had requested a trade? Is that for real? That doesn't seem to make any sense... unless he just slipped up while talking to the press...

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

If he wasn't hiding in San Diego or wherever he was, he'd get a first hand look at what hatred means in Ottawa.

The Silfer Server

The Silfer Server
Veteran
Veteran

I think Heatley is in for a rude awakening if he goes to any other Canadian team. Ottawa media is pretty mild compared to other Canadian cities. I mean seriously, who's going to hurt someone's feelings, Half-wit Don Brennan??

And really, Spezza takes so much more dung than Heatley does, so much more. From fans, and media, and doesn't complain. He takes it. I think Heatley's true colours came out, and we are keeping the right one.

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

SpezDispenser wrote:

If he wasn't hiding in San Diego or wherever he was, he'd get a first hand look at what hatred means in Ottawa.
Oh I hear you. I was talking to someone today, who had dinner with a certain player the other night and found out the goods. Heatley was the one who made it public, not his agent.

I am in this 4 on 4 hockey tournament at Scotiabank and Heatley is scheduled to be signing autographs. LOL! My guess, is he won't be showing up.

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

jamvan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

Oh I hear you. I was talking to someone today, who had dinner with a certain player the other night and found out the goods. Heatley was the one who made it public, not his agent.

I am in this 4 on 4 hockey tournament at Scotiabank and Heatley is scheduled to be signing autographs. LOL! My guess, is he won't be showing up.
I'm shocked to hear that Heatley himself leaked it as it does him absolutely no good and only hampers trade talks. He should have kept quiet and then explained things after to clear the air.

Mind boggling.

He's doing himself no favours.

TeamRenzo

Rookie
Rookie

SpezDispenser wrote:

If Murray finds a deal that he likes and it is with a team that Heater doesn't want to play for and ends back with the Sens next season then he will feel the hatred!

jamvan

jamvan
Veteran
Veteran

shabbs wrote:
jamvan wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:

I'm shocked to hear that Heatley himself leaked it as it does him absolutely no good and only hampers trade talks. He should have kept quiet and then explained things after to clear the air.

Mind boggling.

He's doing himself no favours.
You absolutely right. It was notd this past season that Heatley's drinking intensified as well. People get loose lips when they drink, I'm pretty sure that's what happened.

In any case, he has handled teh situation about as bad as he could. The only guy that wants to play with this butthole is Getzlaf.

I'm 90% certain that a TON of this has to do with Heatley not wanting to play next to Spezza anymore. I'm telling you: I could see it when they were at the World's.

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

cas wrote:I'm 90% certain that a TON of this has to do with Heatley not wanting to play next to Spezza anymore. I'm telling you: I could see it when they were at the World's.

Then Diddle him, good riddance.

Urkie

Urkie
Sophomore
Sophomore

cas wrote:I'm 90% certain that a TON of this has to do with Heatley not wanting to play next to Spezza anymore. I'm telling you: I could see it when they were at the World's.

I don't know about that. I just think he was really miffed about the poor season on top of being beaten up in the press more then he is used to.

SensGirl11

SensGirl11
Mod
Mod

Urkie wrote:
SpezDispenser wrote:In addition, Murray admitted that Clouston was devastated by the news.

Diddle you a thousand times over Heatley. I hate you more now than is humanly possible.

What did Clouston even do? The way Murray spoke about it, it seems as though the main issue was that one time that Clouston said to the media that Heatley wasn't adapting well to his system. Pretty stupid reason if you ask me.

Well, clearly, that's exactly what he is - Stupid! I never realized just how weak he really is. He has ZERO character, ZERO backbone, ZERO brain, and ZERO leadership skills. This guy SUCKS so badly, it's making my head spin. I cannot believe the nerve he has after ONE comment that Clouston made to him this year. GROW A SET HEATLEY! I can't believe he has lasted this long in the league if he can't take even one little criticism. There is SO much more to this story, I can't wait until everything comes out. This can't be the only reason he wants out..it just can't be. He must have been so high when he sent Murray that letter, I don't think he realizes what he has done here. The fact that he really isn't a team player really surprised me. That was the last thing I expected from Heatley. He is ALL ABOUT HIMSELF. I can't believe it, I really can't.

WOW! I'm really upset about this, I'm sad for our team, our city and I'm sad that he's such an unbelievable loser. Who knew? Really. Who knew?

PKC

PKC
All-Star
All-Star

I think what Murray is really doing is pandering to the casual fan. You guys tend to forget that us hardcore fans who know every name on the roster, in the farm system, their career totals, career highs, playoff numbers, social insurance numbers, first date, first kiss, etc...are more reasonably expecting/hoping to get prospects and picks.

Murray and the rest of management and marketing know that prospects and picks don't sell tickets or promote the brand. Bonafide NHL stars with impressive track records do the above.

I think he is setting realistic expectations for the casual fans which make up at least 80% of Scotiabank Place attendance. ie. Don't expect a superstar to be coming back.

That's my take on it.

Havlat9

Havlat9
Prospect
Prospect

whatever the other reasons were that made him want out next to clouston wanting him to work a lil bit more to adapt to the new system that was winning the sens hockey games (obviously to much to ask for a guy who ur giving 7.5 mil with a NTC) it definately wasn't a lockerroom issue. I've heard that the rest of the sens players are extremely disappointed in the news from Heatley and really had no idea this was coming. Some have apparently gone as far as to try and contact their douchebag of a teammate and haven't got a response.

Something that might explain this is if he got into a fight with Alfie and/or Spezza behind closed doors and decided to pu$$y out. Just a theory though could be way off.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

TeamRenzo wrote:
If Murray finds a deal that he likes and it is with a team that Heater doesn't want to play for and ends back with the Sens next season then he will feel the hatred!

Oh man, I'll take pleasure in letting him know what a diddler he is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PKC wrote:I think what Murray is really doing is pandering to the casual fan. You guys tend to forget that us hardcore fans who know every name on the roster, in the farm system, their career totals, career highs, playoff numbers, social insurance numbers, first date, first kiss, etc...are more reasonably expecting/hoping to get prospects and picks.

Murray and the rest of management and marketing know that prospects and picks don't sell tickets or promote the brand. Bonafide NHL stars with impressive track records do the above.

I think he is setting realistic expectations for the casual fans which make up at least 80% of Scotiabank Place attendance. ie. Don't expect a superstar to be coming back.

That's my take on it.

It sounded like what he was saying was: people are going to take a wait and see approach, so in order to sell tickets, we'll have to get a couple of quality guys back here.

Which makes me a little diddling nervous. Trust you gut Murray, not the people buying tickets. Diddle them all to hell when we make the playoffs and they can't get tickets.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Havlat9 wrote:whatever the other reasons were that made him want out next to clouston wanting him to work a lil bit more to adapt to the new system that was winning the sens hockey games (obviously to much to ask for a guy who ur giving 7.5 mil with a NTC) it definately wasn't a lockerroom issue. I've heard that the rest of the sens players are extremely disappointed in the news from Heatley and really had no idea this was coming. Some have apparently gone as far as to try and contact their douchebag of a teammate and haven't got a response.

Something that might explain this is if he got into a fight with Alfie and/or Spezza behind closed doors and decided to pu$$y out. Just a theory though could be way off.

My opinion on that is that Spezza would be out the door before you could say Jack Rabbit. If it was anyone, I'd say Phillips, Fisher and Alfie got together to let him know that he wasn't playing well enough.

But...we'll find out one way or the other. Until Heatley himself talks, he'll be dogged about it for the rest of his career.

Why are you a quitter/loser? Come on...we're all waiting to hear.

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

http://senators.nhl.com/ext/090616_BM_scrum-05.mp3

Here's a link to the audio of Bryan Murray's press conference about Dany Heatley.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum