GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Hockey talk all the time

+25
spader
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
Sp00nz
SensGirl11
beerandsens
Mariposa Belle
TheAvatar
Cronie
caissie_1
Urkie
Acrobat
Jordo
Hockeyhero22000
beedub
LeCaptain
shabbs
top shelf15
PTFlea
davetherave
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
wprager
asq2
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 31 of 41]

451All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:39 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

So that's what Pierre was talking about this morning.

452All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:17 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

From the UPI article on Lecavalier:

The long-awaited surgery on Vincent Lecavalier's right wrist will happen Friday at the Philadelphia Hand Center, Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Brian Lawton announced Thursday.

Friday's procedure was originally scheduled for last summer but was delayed after the Lightning captain injured his right shoulder during the team's second-to-last regular season game.

"Obviously, it is disappointing that Vinny will not be able to finish the season, but we feel that it is in both his and the team's best interest to have the wrist operated on now," Lawton said in a news release.

"Vinny has been battling this injury all season, and I really can't say enough about his ability to play through the pain and discomfort."

Lecavalier is second in team scoring this season with 67 points in 77 games. He has played in 76 games or more in nine of his 10 NHL seasons.

Lecavalier, who turns 29 on April 21, is one of six active players to have six consecutive seasons of 25 or more goals.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/04/02/sp-lecavalier-injury.html?ref=rss

This is, obviously, why he didn't 'look like himself' this year.

453All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:04 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

Jeff Carter's first career NHL hattrick.

454All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:29 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Just a bizarre game between the Flyers and Leafs. 8-5 Flyers when I last checked.

As a positive for the Leafs, though, Schenn's got his second career NHL goal.

455All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:23 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

What has happened to the Panthers? They dropped a MUST win to the Thrash.

456All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:26 pm

Their goaltending has basically let them down. Not enough pasions there as well. The thing that killed Florida was playing in Florida.

If no one cares about the team then this is what happens. Why should the players care in Miami, there is nothing to care about.

457All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:18 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

It's funny how everybody was laughing at Eklund at the beginning of the season about Jeff Carter getting 50 goals this season (or was it even 40?) and Dallas not making the playoffs...
I guess for every 100 ridiculous rumours he gets 1 good prediction Laughing3

458All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:30 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Blues are still in the mix.

459All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:44 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:The Blues are still in the mix.

So long as they play the Sharks and not the Wings, I'm hoping they make the playoffs and win a round.

Wings are still my play-off team though.

460All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:44 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:It's funny how everybody was laughing at Eklund at the beginning of the season about Jeff Carter getting 50 goals this season (or was it even 40?) and Dallas not making the playoffs...
I guess for every 100 ridiculous rumours he gets 1 good prediction Laughing3

50 goals and 100 points was his call.

461All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:45 am

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:Their goaltending has basically let them down. Not enough pasions there as well. The thing that killed Florida was playing in Florida.

If no one cares about the team then this is what happens. Why should the players care in Miami, there is nothing to care about.

They've got some great, passionate players though. Booth, Ballard, etc.

462All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:52 am

asq2 wrote:
Neely4Life wrote:Their goaltending has basically let them down. Not enough pasions there as well. The thing that killed Florida was playing in Florida.

I think they do, but its almost impossible to keep up that level of play playing in front of crowds of 4-5000 people a night. No matter how well you play the fans dont show. Ive heard first hand how depressing it is to play in Miami.

Miami should not have a team, period. I get they are professionals but if your at work and no one cares what your doing and you're still getting paid, of course you slack.

Florida wont be in the playoffs ever again IMO. They will move or fold before it ever happens.

463All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:00 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Neely4Life wrote:
asq2 wrote:

I think they do, but its almost impossible to keep up that level of play playing in front of crowds of 4-5000 people a night. No matter how well you play the fans dont show. Ive heard first hand how depressing it is to play in Miami.

Miami should not have a team, period. I get they are professionals but if your at work and no one cares what your doing and you're still getting paid, of course you slack.

Florida wont be in the playoffs ever again IMO. They will move or fold before it ever happens.

N4L, as you know I lived in South Florida for many years. The owners should have never been given the franchise in the first place, as Miami/Fort Lauderdale is NOT a pro sports town...certainly not a hockey town.

MLB and NFL have both struggled. I don't know how the NBA has done, but then I'm not a hoops guy.

To be fair, when the Panthers first arrived, the fan support was there. But the franchise has simply been badly managed. Pete DeBoer has done a great job, but it simply may be too late for them.

464All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Tue May 12, 2009 8:33 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

I wonder if Alan Cohen will continue to want to operate the Panthers?

Apparently they are cutting staff and just terminated former Ottawa 67s and Islanders All Star/four time Stanley Cup winner Denis Potvin's TV analyst contract. The Panthers have consolidated the radio and TV play-by-play teams.

465All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:50 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I like hockey.

466All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:50 am

SensFan71

All-Star
All-Star

shabbs wrote:I like hockey.

I like beer and hockey. trump that one. Laughing3

467All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:56 am

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

SensFan71 wrote:
shabbs wrote:I like hockey.

I like beer and hockey. trump that one. Laughing3
I like beer, women and hockey.

Smile

468All Hockey talk all the time - Page 31 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:01 am

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like Beer, Women, Hockey and Wings.

Edit: and Pizza.

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 31 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum