GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Hockey talk all the time

+25
spader
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
Sp00nz
SensGirl11
beerandsens
Mariposa Belle
TheAvatar
Cronie
caissie_1
Urkie
Acrobat
Jordo
Hockeyhero22000
beedub
LeCaptain
shabbs
top shelf15
PTFlea
davetherave
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
wprager
asq2
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 30 of 41]

436All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:38 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I see Kaleta got a concussion on a hit from behind by Lapierre. If he's out for any length of time and Lapierre get suspended, I'll do a happy dance.

437All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:40 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Flyers are playing Nittymaaki (the backup) against Boston. Is that a problem? re they trying to "save" Biron so his confidence is not shot heading into the playoffs? Personally, unless you've got a rookie tender, I really don't agree with this. If you don't have a goalie who *wants* to be there challenging the top clubs, then you don't have a starter.

438All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:04 pm

asq2

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Flyers are playing Nittymaaki (the backup) against Boston. Is that a problem? re they trying to "save" Biron so his confidence is not shot heading into the playoffs? Personally, unless you've got a rookie tender, I really don't agree with this. If you don't have a goalie who *wants* to be there challenging the top clubs, then you don't have a starter.

Thing is, there's always a question as to whether Biron really is the starter or not. Ahhhhh!

He was pretty good in last year's playoffs, I'll give him that.

439All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:19 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Flyers are playing Nittymaaki (the backup) against Boston. Is that a problem? re they trying to "save" Biron so his confidence is not shot heading into the playoffs? Personally, unless you've got a rookie tender, I really don't agree with this. If you don't have a goalie who *wants* to be there challenging the top clubs, then you don't have a starter.

Biron's played most of the games in March, and 10 of the last 11. I haven't watched the Flyers too often this year, but Biron's probably their guy.

440All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:46 pm

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

St Louis' Kids are on fire lately, they win 5-2. Preds beat the Wings though. So Preds stay at 7th, St Louis at 8th, and Edm decide their fate later tonight.

441All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:55 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

davetherave wrote:

Biron's played most of the games in March, and 10 of the last 11. I haven't watched the Flyers too often this year, but Biron's probably their guy.

Oh, I'm quite aware that he's their #1, but they seem to be shielding him from the top competition (at least on this night).

442All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:01 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
davetherave wrote:

Oh, I'm quite aware that he's their #1, but they seem to be shielding him from the top competition (at least on this night).

Hmmm...sounds nefarious Wink

443All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:11 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just think it can backfire. They're basically telling him that they don't think he can win. And if he's the kind of goalie who needs the positive strokes of having a good record (even if it's against poor competition) then this could shatter his confidence.

Unless, of course, they know that he's too dumb to put two and two together.

What?! Have you *heard* this guy on HNIC last year?

444All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:33 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I just think it can backfire. They're basically telling him that they don't think he can win. And if he's the kind of goalie who needs the positive strokes of having a good record (even if it's against poor competition) then this could shatter his confidence.

Unless, of course, they know that he's too dumb to put two and two together.

What?! Have you *heard* this guy on HNIC last year?

Well, I have to say I'm not exactly a Flyers fan LOL...Boston is eatin' em up right now...

445All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:41 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

davetherave wrote:Well, I have to say I'm not exactly a Flyers fan LOL...Boston is eatin' em up right now...

It's closer than Vancouver - Chicago.

446All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:14 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

asq2 wrote:
davetherave wrote:Well, I have to say I'm not exactly a Flyers fan LOL...Boston is eatin' em up right now...

It's closer than Vancouver - Chicago.

You don't need to be so kind...not even close. Canucks were the Masters of the Game tonight, led by Bobby Lu. Their Samurai Twins were excellent, as were Kesler and Burrows.

That's how it goes sometimes...and Vancouver is heading for the top of their Division.

So the young Blackhawks learn a lesson...

447All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I still can't stand those Bobsey Twits. They look the same, do they have to dress the same too?

448All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:40 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:I still can't stand those Bobsey Twits. They look the same, do they have to dress the same too?

Love 'em or hate 'em, they are dangerous on offense.

They shot down the Hawks yesterday with their two quick goals...as they shoot down the teams that underestimate their skill.

Which is why Burke will probably try to sign them, and you, as a Sens fan, will get to see them more often...

449All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:10 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Apparently the Leafs are close to signing Christian Hanson -- son of Dave Hanson, who is one of the Hanson Brothers of Slapshot fame.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=273232

I don't know why but I find it very cool. Now when my kid asks me again if the Hansons ever played in the NHL I've got a new answer.

450All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:32 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Vincent Lecavalier has now decided to have the wrist surgery he has apparently needed all season.

That would explain the 'dropoff' in his performance.

451All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So that's what Pierre was talking about this morning.

452All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:17 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

From the UPI article on Lecavalier:

The long-awaited surgery on Vincent Lecavalier's right wrist will happen Friday at the Philadelphia Hand Center, Tampa Bay Lightning general manager Brian Lawton announced Thursday.

Friday's procedure was originally scheduled for last summer but was delayed after the Lightning captain injured his right shoulder during the team's second-to-last regular season game.

"Obviously, it is disappointing that Vinny will not be able to finish the season, but we feel that it is in both his and the team's best interest to have the wrist operated on now," Lawton said in a news release.

"Vinny has been battling this injury all season, and I really can't say enough about his ability to play through the pain and discomfort."

Lecavalier is second in team scoring this season with 67 points in 77 games. He has played in 76 games or more in nine of his 10 NHL seasons.

Lecavalier, who turns 29 on April 21, is one of six active players to have six consecutive seasons of 25 or more goals.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2009/04/02/sp-lecavalier-injury.html?ref=rss

This is, obviously, why he didn't 'look like himself' this year.

453All Hockey talk all the time - Page 30 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:04 pm

asq2

asq2
All-Star
All-Star

Jeff Carter's first career NHL hattrick.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 30 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum