GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

All Hockey talk all the time

+25
spader
SeawaySensFan
The Silfer Server
Sp00nz
SensGirl11
beerandsens
Mariposa Belle
TheAvatar
Cronie
caissie_1
Urkie
Acrobat
Jordo
Hockeyhero22000
beedub
LeCaptain
shabbs
top shelf15
PTFlea
davetherave
Hayden
Cap'n Clutch
SensFan71
wprager
asq2
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 41]

241All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:06 pm

davetherave

All-Star
All-Star

marakh wrote:CBJ beat the Hawks in OT, Vermette score the GWG Peter Schaefer Surre

This was an unbelievable game...playoff-quality, super intense.

Vermette has become a very, very important player in Columbus. Hitch knows how talented he is, and knows exactly how to use him.

Of course it doesn't hurt that he's on the PK with Rick Nash...IMHO the best offensive player in the NHL.

Kudos to Antoine!

PS Sami Pahlsson looked pretty damn good in his first game as a Hawk...he is going to give them the experience they need for the home stretch.
8)

Two young, hard-working, hard-skating teams who might do some damage in the playoffs...

PPS Canes fork the Devils and reel in the Habs.

242All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:59 pm

LeCaptain

All-Star
All-Star

Funny how we use to make fun of the central division, this year they could potentially have all 5 teams in the playoffs...

243All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:51 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

davetherave wrote:
Don't you think Tanguay is overpriced at $5MM?

Plekanec has been hot and cold...sometimes he's impressive and other times, he plays 'like a girl' (his own words).

Lapierre, Latendresse, D'Agostini, Pacioretty, Stewart, and O'Byrne all seem to be more committed. IMHO Gainey will want his guys to be in that mould--like the teams he played on, and like the way he played.

The Koivu report came from Yvon Pedneault who is pretty dialed in. Saku takes a lot of heat but he gives maximum effort every game. He's becoming like Henri Richard was...and Rod Brind'Amour is...to Les Canadiens. If Komisarek re-signs, he might be the next captain.

Seems to me Beauchemin and Gaborik would be a good fit.

Tanguay's a real tough nut to crack. I like him, I think he's very talented, but he goes hot and cold pretty badly. I'd try to get Tanguay for 4 million if I didn't think I had a shot at Gaborik or Hossa, but then I'd commit myself to getting him a center. I could see the Habs pulling out a ton of stops to get Hossa and Gaborik, re-sign Komisarek, then let Kovalev, Koivu, Lang (unless he's healthy and willing to take a cut to 2.75) and Tanguay go. Perhaps they make a trade for a center using their prospect pool.

Their D is fine, they'll never get rid of Hamrlik - who I think is overpaid - but if they can keep Komisarek to go with Markov and Hamrlik, they have a good starting 3. I'd re-sign Schneider too.

If I were them, I'd let everyone go but Komisarek and go hard after Hossa and Gaborik - perhaps overpay the Canucks to get Demitra to get the trifecta. But boy, would I ever wanna take out the trash if I were Gainey.

PS, I like the guys you mention as a young group to build around (Lapierre, Latendresse, D'Agostini, Pacioretty, Stewart, and O'Byrne).

244All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:43 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

Antoine Vermette continues to make an impact in Columbus. They are 5-1 since his arrival. I watched the Jackets-Hawks last night--which was a fantastic hockey game BTW--and saw him score an absolutely amazing OT goal.

Here's what Hitch has to say about Antoine:
"He’s been solid since we got him. He’s an unassuming player. He doesn’t stick out until you look at the scoresheet and he’s won key face-offs, got the puck out and he’s done a good job killing penalties and scored big points. Every night he gets the job done."

Great to see him doing so well.

245All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:03 am

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

BTW don't know if anyone watched this one, but Teemu Selanne got his 1200th point last night with his OT goal for the Ducks over the Preds.

He is, and always has been, a totally cool player--as well as being supremely talented. One of the best interviews as he's always straight up.

Ducks are still in it...

246All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:20 am

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

davetherave wrote:Antoine Vermette continues to make an impact in Columbus. They are 5-1 since his arrival. I watched the Jackets-Hawks last night--which was a fantastic hockey game BTW--and saw him score an absolutely amazing OT goal.

Here's what Hitch has to say about Antoine:
"He’s been solid since we got him. He’s an unassuming player. He doesn’t stick out until you look at the scoresheet and he’s won key face-offs, got the puck out and he’s done a good job killing penalties and scored big points. Every night he gets the job done."

Great to see him doing so well.

He's scored 7 points in 6 games I believe playing with RJ Umberger on the 2nd line.

You see what happens when a line or pairing has true chemistry. These guys will be scary good in the playoffs.

You are right DTR, good on Vermette for making the most of his situation. I'll bet Columbus really doesn't miss Leclaire to much now, eh?

247All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:17 pm

Acrobat

Acrobat
Veteran
Veteran

504Heater:

WRT Gainey going after Gabs and Hossa - do you you think that the risk that Gaborik entails is truly worth it? No doubt that the two with Demitra would be lethal, but you are assuming that Gainey would have Gaborik available to actually play...

248All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:23 pm

Mariposa Belle

Mariposa Belle
Prospect
Prospect

beedub - Columbus wouldn't miss Leclair at all, with the way Mason is playing, but I think Ottawa has gone a long way to solve a perennial problem.

Although I think Vermette would have done well getting hammered by the Clou.

249All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:03 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

I do believe that both sides enjoyed this trade. IT was definitely a win/win scenario.

Collumbus didn't need Leclaire with Mason so hot, but they did need a skilled center who could win faceoffs. So Columbus won in that regard.

Ottawa needed a "name" to be their #1 goalie. They gave up Vermette, but gained their goalie and a 2nd. They won as well.

250All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:17 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

beedub wrote:I do believe that both sides enjoyed this trade. IT was definitely a win/win scenario.

Collumbus didn't need Leclaire with Mason so hot, but they did need a skilled center who could win faceoffs. So Columbus won in that regard.

Ottawa needed a "name" to be their #1 goalie. They gave up Vermette, but gained their goalie and a 2nd. They won as well.

Aslong as Leclaire can comme back and play like he did last year and stay healthy this trade is a WIN-WIN!

251All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:22 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Acrobat wrote:504Heater:

WRT Gainey going after Gabs and Hossa - do you you think that the risk that Gaborik entails is truly worth it? No doubt that the two with Demitra would be lethal, but you are assuming that Gainey would have Gaborik available to actually play...

I think the worth is there personally. This is just me, but if I had the cap space and I legitimately thought that Gaborik could be relatively injury free, I would do it immediately. He's one of the top 5 players in the game when healthy (which I admit is never). He's young enough to possibly get away from some of these groin issues, the upside is there, Hossa is a good friend, Demitra only has a year left in Van. and I would hope that they would sort of make a case for me for next summer.

Hossa is a killer. I dunno, the way the Habs are now, I think adding two premiere players and subtracting a selfish player like Kovalev and a badly digressing Koviu, I would do it, rest on some young players, maybe sign a role player as well and see what shook out. Not to mention that Montreal is in a position cap-wise to spend on forwards.

Last edited by 504Heater on Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

252All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:24 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Mariposa Belle wrote:beedub - Columbus wouldn't miss Leclair at all, with the way Mason is playing, but I think Ottawa has gone a long way to solve a perennial problem.

Although I think Vermette would have done well getting hammered by the Clou.

Yeah, the only unfortunate is that Vermette would've been really good under Clouston. Well...that and we don't know if Leclaire can be the guy. But if he is, he's relatively inexpensive and could go a long way to helping us next year - and mentoring Elliott etc.

253All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:28 pm

beedub

beedub
Veteran
Veteran

Hossa is the key on any team. A team instantly becomes a contender, IMO, the minute they add Hossa. He's big, strong and has sick skills and a keen mind for the game.

254All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:40 pm

caissie_1

caissie_1
Veteran
Veteran

beedub wrote:Hossa is the key on any team. A team instantly becomes a contender, IMO, the minute they add Hossa. He's big, strong and has sick skills and a keen mind for the game.

I wouldnt say instantly... The Trashers were never contenders. They made the playoffs but were never really considered a legitimate treath. But i do agree that in most situations he does make the team believe they can win it all with the addition of his skill.

255All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:50 pm

beerandsens

beerandsens
Sophomore
Sophomore

Kings win :___:
Toronto losing, Colorado losing but it's still early.

256All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:13 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

C'mon Avs. Big, big, big, big win for LA. Smile

257All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:31 pm

davetherave

davetherave
All-Star
All-Star

The Panthers are knocking on the door of the playoffs again...just a point between them and Montreal/Carolina after their win...BTW Gerbs was pretty darn good in net tonight. PS nobody talks about Tomas Vokoun, but he is one of the finer netminders in the league.

The Kings refuse to go away and bamboozle the Bruins with an OT win in Beantown...they are still within reach of a postseason berth.

The Blues have to knock out the Nucks if they want their chance at the dance...

Ovie gets number 50 again.

And Oily business goin' on in the Mile High City as the Edmontonians don't want to let a playoff berth slip from their grip.

258All Hockey talk all the time - Page 17 Empty Re: All Hockey talk all the time Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:38 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Bruins-player-wimps-out-after-Crosby-removes-vis;_ylt=AqP9eT3Oeh69dNc77bldf3cJfwM6?urn=nhl,149143

Hardy har har and a bottle of Rum. Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 41]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 29 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum